Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I'd like if we signed Tripper. We could sell Walker for 45 million to Barca. Dier and Yedlin as back up right backs. Unfortunately, this article quotes nobody and cites no sources. There's usually a reason for that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ormus wrote: »
    I'd like if we signed Tripper. We could sell Walker for 45 million to Barca. Dier and Yedlin as back up right backs. Unfortunately, this article quotes nobody and cites no sources. There's usually a reason for that.

It wreaks of an agent trying to secure a move for his client.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Schneiderlin has confirmed he's only signing for a CL team next season. I don't blame him, the Euros are on in France in 2016 - he wants to be playing in the French team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11629382/Arsenal-transfer-news-and-rumours-Morgan-Schneiderlin-to-reject-Spurs-but-paves-way-for-Gunners-move.html

Not sure if Sky Sports is aware that DL is our chairman.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11708/9866365/danny-ings-subject-of-16312m-tottenhan-bid-sky-sources

Apparently we're bidding £12m for Ings, who is out of contract on Monday.

Maybe we're bringing him down for talks for the weekend....waiting until after midnight on Sunday and then buying him first thing Monday morning?

Not sure if Sky Sports is aware that DL is our chairman.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11708/9866365/danny-ings-subject-of-16312m-tottenhan-bid-sky-sources

Apparently we're bidding £12m for Ings, who is out of contract on Monday.

Maybe we're bringing him down for talks for the weekend....waiting until after midnight on Sunday and then buying him first thing Monday morning?

I think because of his age there has to be compensation paid even if he's out of contract.

£12m does sound pretty stiff for someone out of contract though. I would've thought somewhere in the region of 8 would get it done.

• Advertisement

I think because of his age there has to be compensation paid even if he's out of contract.

£12m does sound pretty stiff for someone out of contract though. I would've thought somewhere in the region of 8 would get it done.

Yeah the expected settlement figure is meant to be £6m. Though why bother paying more than that?

If the player holds off for just 3-4 days he can demand a far higher salary from a number of suitors.

If the player wants to sign for us then the club can hold off and pay only £6m.

It just seems like the most ridiculous column-inch filling article I've read in a long time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not understanding the ings thing, his agent is playing a blinder because his stats sure don't do him the same kind of favours.

I like him. Young and English and available cheaper because of his contract situation. Before he got unsettled in the January transfer window I was under the impression he was scoring a good amount (wasn't really watching Burnley all that carefully I must admit!).

Worth a punt for a measly £12m surely?

Yeah if we were going for a young English striker I'd personally prefer Dean Austin.

Though, considering whoever comes in will be playing second fiddle to Harry Kane, then guaranteeing Ings for £6m is decent value.

Yeah if we were going for a young English striker I'd personally prefer Dean Austin.

Though, considering whoever comes in will be playing second fiddle to Harry Kane, then guaranteeing Ings for £6m is decent value.

Deano is 45 now, and his record of 19 goals in 450 odd games doesn't exactly inspire, although admittedly they did come as a right back, so he may well be a natural goalscorer.

• Advertisement

lol!! :D Think he means Charlie Austin...and well you know it Ormus! :D

lol!! :D Think he means Charlie Austin...and well you know it Ormus! :D

No flies on you Van!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dean Austin had 19 goals in 450 games.
    Soldado can only dream of such things

If we signed "Charlie" Austin, I would call him Dean. Non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

just to add to the confusion , we even have a poster on here callled dean austin:cool:

i assume its paying homage to our ex full back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We could get his Brother Steve for 6 Million Dollar's :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Austin Powers Tottenham to top 4 spot!!

Jeeeeeeeeeeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wimmer deal official. Seems like a good young player in a position of need so a decent start to our summer business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    Wimmer deal official. Seems like a good young player in a position of need so a decent start to our summer business.

Seems solid enough. Could be the Vidic or the next Vlad. We won't know till he's had about 10 starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

DDG gone from United. The battle to hold Hugo now begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Most likely he's gonna go. Just when and for how much is the only issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

irishmover wrote: »
    Most likely he's gonna go. Just when and for how much is the only issue.

It is possible but why would you say its "Most likely he's gonna go"?

Victor Valdes came in and did well for United at the end of the season. I'd say they'll only be looking for an understudy for him.

Though obviously the tabloids will be rife with rumour about Hugo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't think we'll lose Lloris this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't think we'll lose Lloris this year.

I hope not but if united come knocking then I'd say its game over. He'll be a record breaking fee for a goalkeeper though :-)

We're not selling to competitors, that's been established over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Woohoo

The agent of Emmanuel Adebayor has said the Tottenham Hotspur striker would like to play in Turkey. #THFC pic.twitter.com/sRafNWx3yx

Woohoo

The agent of Emmanuel Adebayor has said the Tottenham Hotspur striker would like to play in Turkey. #THFC pic.twitter.com/sRafNWx3yx

I'd imagine he'd like to play anywhere there is a club crazy enough to match his current salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I'd imagine he'd like to play anywhere there is a club crazy enough to match his current salary.

+1 greedy mercanary please let the rumour be true;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    It is possible but why would you say its "Most likely he's gonna go"?

Because he'd be playing CL football with Man United. The only way he wouldn't go is if united don't bid or try to devalue him.

Do you seriously think that he's looking forward to being in goal for us next season?

Advertisement