Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

irishmover wrote: »
    Because he'd be playing CL football with Man United. The only way he wouldn't go is if united don't bid or try to devalue him.

Do you seriously think that he's looking forward to being in goal for us next season?

He has four years to go on his contract so unless Daniel Levy is happy with any possible offer, he aint going anywhere.

He may or may not go, I don't think it is likely to happen.

Man U wanted Bale and Chelsea wanted Modric, they didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

The thing is, you have levy. If lloris leaves its no big deal as he will get you about 40-50M for lloris. He probably won't sell him to UTD

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »
    Because he'd be playing CL football with Man United. The only way he wouldn't go is if united don't bid or try to devalue him.

Do you seriously think that he's looking forward to being in goal for us next season?

He doesn't strike me as the sort of person you seem to think he is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Andre Ayew gossip/chatter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

He doesn't strike me as the sort of person you seem to think he is.

He most likely is not but the writing has been on the wall since we signed Vorm. Now with a team in the CL possibly on the look out for a new keeper it's going to be difficult to hold onto him.

Also we know these days contracts don't mean much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Andre Ayew gossip/chatter

Can't argue if we get him on a free. Surely better than Townsend, he has a better goal scoring record anyway. Get Ayew and we could turn around and offload Andros to Bournemouth for £8m. :-D

Can't argue if we get him on a free. Surely better than Townsend, he has a better goal scoring record anyway. Get Ayew and we could turn around and offload Andros to Bournemouth for £8m. :-D

Would like Bournemouth to do well so hope he doesn't go there for £8m!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

The thing is, you have levy. If lloris leaves its no big deal as he will get you about 40-50M for lloris. He probably won't sell him to UTD

25 to 30m tops I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I would be very very surprised if Hugo is at the lane in August.

I like the way we seem to be doing business early. It's refreshing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I like the way we seem to be doing business early. It's refreshing.

What business? We've signed 1 player. Was hoping we'd have offloaded a few by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Did we release anyone (senior squad) on a free? June 1st is the usual time for that sorta thing.

What business? We've signed 1 player. Was hoping we'd have offloaded a few by now.

We'll Wimmer in and Ayew to be done this week.

Also Stambouli on his way to Marseille.

Can't say I've come across anything, but Fifa and sepp have been dominating most of the soccer news

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I'll believe ayew is done when he's pictured with a jersey and I'd have been keeping stambouli

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Stambouli said he wants to stay in England.

"I will see what I do. But, if there is something, it will be in England," Stambouli told RMC when quizzed on his future. "My priority is to succeed at a Premier League club.

"I am aware of what is being said, and I think, no, I won't be coming back to France.

"I am thinking about getting a bit more game time in England. I chose England for lots of reasons, and so I will stay. It is there that I want to succeed.

"Maybe one day I will return to France. But today, my head is here. I have a month's holiday to recharge."

Ayew and Stambouli have gone nowhere yet, you're mixing up business with gossip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd like if Stambouli was given a shot, as he barely got any game time last year. Must be a reason for that though.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Stambouli said he wants to stay in England.

"I will see what I do. But, if there is something, it will be in England," Stambouli told RMC when quizzed on his future. "My priority is to succeed at a Premier League club.

"I am aware of what is being said, and I think, no, I won't be coming back to France.

"I am thinking about getting a bit more game time in England. I chose England for lots of reasons, and so I will stay. It is there that I want to succeed.

"Maybe one day I will return to France. But today, my head is here. I have a month's holiday to recharge."

I hope we hang on to him, he could come good but as importantly he wants to succeed - it's better than some of the lads who seemed happy enough not really trying

In one of the recent friendlies the commentator remarked that Stambouli had been put in the centreback role and was doing it exceedingly well.....won't be unhappy if he stays. Rather see the back of Ade, Capoue and Pauline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm a liverpool fan. I'm just curious how bad Pauliniho has been for the club. When you signed him he had a very good reputation, and i thought he would be a class signing.

I'm a liverpool fan. I'm just curious how bad Pauliniho has been for the club. When you signed him he had a very good reputation, and i thought he would be a class signing.

Babel-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I hope we hang on to him, he could come good but as importantly he wants to succeed - it's better than some of the lads who seemed happy enough not really trying

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Stambouli was fully fit and never got a look in for weeks, obviously has a crap attitude, he'll be sold.... on the order of the manager

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Stambouli was fully fit and never got a look in for weeks, obviously has a crap attitude, he'll be sold.... on the order of the manager

It was only Sydney FC but if he wasn't playing centre half we would have atleast conceded a goal.

Why is it obvious? I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know, but he always tries on the pitch, he puts in way more tackles than Mason or Bentaleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ormus wrote: »
    Why is it obvious? I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know, but he always tries on the pitch, he puts in way more tackles than Mason or Bentaleb.

Blatantly obvious. I'm not referring to the tackles he makes or anything like it, he was fully fit for the majority of this calendar year and the manager never gave him a look in, he obviously hasn't bought in to the managers methods, good riddance

Blatantly obvious. I'm not referring to the tackles he makes or anything like it, he was fully fit for the majority of this calendar year and the manager never gave him a look in, he obviously hasn't bought in to the managers methods, good riddance

Maybe you're right. I always thought his attitude was great on the pitch. Is it not possible he just wasn't good enough?

Soldado was fully fit all season and couldn't get in the team but I don't think his attitude is in question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement