Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Deserves a new contract but don't think he should have went public about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

In one of the recent friendlies the commentator remarked that Stambouli had been put in the centreback role and was doing it exceedingly well.....won't be unhappy if he stays.

It was against Sydney FC.

I wouldn't be at all happy if Stambouli is considered as a centre back going forward, my granny has more pace. A decent striker would tear him apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I was over at the Sunderland home game and Stambouli started and i thought he was excellent.

Covered both full backs when they got forward and broke up alot of play. Worked really hard too and thought he'd get a run in the team from then on so i find it very strange how he hasn't gotten more game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I was over at the Sunderland home game and Stambouli started and i thought he was excellent.

Covered both full backs when they got forward and broke up alot of play. Worked really hard too and thought he'd get a run in the team from then on so i find it very strange how he hasn't gotten more game time.

I agree he done well in certain games but there's a reason the manager hasn't involved him much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ormus wrote: »
    Maybe you're right. I always thought his attitude was great on the pitch. Is it not possible he just wasn't good enough?

Soldado was fully fit all season and couldn't get in the team but I don't think his attitude is in question.

He did ok in certain games, but there's a reason the manager left him out of squads and had kids on the bench ahead of him, his approach and attitude similar to Capoue is poor I would imagine.

Soldado is a completely different scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He did ok in certain games, but there's a reason the manager left him out of squads and had kids on the bench ahead of him, his approach and attitude similar to Capoue is poor I would imagine.

Soldado is a completely different scenario.

Ok but why is it different? Do you know something we don't or is it just a hunch? Why is it not possible that he just wasn't good enough?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ade has let it be known that he ain't going nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

:(:(:(:(

This time next year can't come quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Liverpool have signed a great player in Milner. The guy is quality and so under rated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Liverpool have signed a great player in Milner. The guy is quality and so under rated.

As a LFC fan I'm so happy we signed him. Class player, could be argued he better then a present day Gerrard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

As a LFC fan I'm so happy we signed him. Class player, could be argued he better then a present day Gerrard.

Wouldn't be much of an argument Gerard has been muck lately.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mushykeogh wrote: »

He's a great signing, wouldn't work for us but should fit liverpool's setup nicely.

As for spurs related transfers, lets put this kid firmly in the speculative section: http://www.thickaccent.com/2015/06/06/polish-media-claim-that-tottenham-have-signed-lech-poznan-midfielder-karol-linetty/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Robbie Brady is a good prospect, fantastic delivery of the ball. I'd be surprised if Hull managed to hold on to him.

mushykeogh wrote:

I said it myself, great player. 150k a week though, throwing money at it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Reports in France say that Tottenham have completed the signing of 19-year-old Monaco striker Anthony Martial

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2015/6/7/8743577/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-new-rumors-monaco-anthony-martial

I can see the headlines now: "Martial law declared!!!" :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

£18 million for an untested 19 year old? I doubt Levy would be up for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Liverpool have opened talks with Spurs over Nabil Bentaleb for 10m.

Hugo loris wants to join UTD.

SkySports paper talk.

Saw a lot of martial stories yesterday and even more today....all going off the same article I first read yesterday though, there's a waft of bullshit in the air.

• Advertisement

Saw a lot of martial stories yesterday and even more today....all going off the same article I first read yesterday though, there's a waft of bullshit in the air.

Yeah it sounds like a story an agent would leak.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I kind of hope we didn't do it. It's a pretty sneaky way of trying to get a lower prince on a player we are interested in. If it was the other way around, we'd be screaming bloody murder.

Levy is the darth vader of football chairman. Of course that's the reason he did it.

Levy is the darth vader of football chairman. Of course that's the reason he did it.

The media certainly like to paint him as blofeld at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Kiith wrote: »
    I kind of hope we didn't do it. It's a pretty sneaky way of trying to get a lower prince on a player we are interested in. If it was the other way around, we'd be screaming bloody murder.

Normally i'd agree, but anyway we can get one over on Rodgers and his big mouth is acceptable in my book.

Did we release anyone (senior squad) on a free? June 1st is the usual time for that sorta thing.

Just coming back to this, stumbled across this list:
    The Tottenham Hotspur players released were:

Jordan Archer
    Cristian Ceballos
    Brad Friedel
    Bongani Khumalo
    Aaron McEneff
    Alexander McQueen
    Jonathan Miles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ceballos? Bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc