Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sky Sports is reporting that one Premier League club is in the hunt for Carlos Tevez.

We've got an Argentinian coach who has a preference for hard-working players, we're also looking for someone to link up with Tevez.

I think he would be the ideal player for us.

Chances of getting him are slim, but I'd say they're better than they ever were.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Did Salah not say he would never shake the hand of a Jew because he is a devout Muslim?

Or was that a rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Did Salah not say he would never shake the hand of a Jew because he is a devout Muslim?

Or was that a rumour?

Yeah heard that, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Sky Sports is reporting that one Premier League club is in the hunt for Carlos Tevez.

We've got an Argentinian coach who has a preference for hard-working players, we're also looking for someone to link up with Tevez.

Chances of getting him are slim, but I'd say they're better than they ever were.

Could be a pri*k like Ade also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Doubt Levy would deal with Tevez's agent, isn't it the same one as Willian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

No chance!

Trippier looks like a done deal, supposedly doing a medical. Delighted with this one, four good seasons under his belt and their player of the year two years running. Plus his tweets suggest he's a Yiddo

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/611105974162747392

Just hope he's not another Chris Gunter.

Trippier looks like a done deal, supposedly doing a medical. Delighted with this one, four good seasons under his belt and their player of the year two years running. Plus his tweets suggest he's a Yiddo

It doesn't say much for Yedlin.

Hopefully we sell Kyle Walker while he has a decent market value.

Yedlin has never really played in the Premier League. They're probably taking it slow with him which I think is a good thing.

Did anyone notice we released Bongani Khumalo on a free? Gutted. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Do we need 4 right backs? Walker, Dier, Yedlin and now Trippier...
    Someone will have to go.
    Yedlin came on at halftime last week for the US in their victory v Germany and did well. I can see him breaking into the team next year.
    I think Diers best position is at RB.
    Is Walker crocked?

It doesn't say much for Yedlin.

Hopefully we sell Kyle Walker while he has a decent market value.

Yedlin needs to go out on loan I'd say.

I'd love if we sold Walker, some crazy club like PSG might pay a decent few quid for him.

Do we need 4 right backs? Walker, Dier, Yedlin and now Trippier...
    Someone will have to go.
    Yedlin came on at halftime last week for the US in their victory v Germany and did well. I can see him breaking into the team next year.
    I think Diers best position is at RB.
    Is Walker crocked?

No, we don't. We'll probably have Walker and Tripper, with Yedlin going on loan and Dier concentrating on centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Ormus wrote: »
    No, we don't. We'll probably have Walker and Tripper, with Yedlin going on loan and Dier concentrating on centre back.

Maybe Poch has decided Diers best position is at centre back and needed to bring in reinforcements at RB. He needs to sort our our back 4 as we conceeded a huge amount of goals last season ( even with Hugo as our keeper).
    Is Trippier-Dier-Verts-Rose the way to go?
    Or will the new guy Wimmer go straight into the team?
    Will Fazio be any better this season after his first in the Premier league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Ormus wrote: »

Yedlin will go on loan and disappear!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Yedlin will go on loan and disappear!

If he does he does. Better him going on loan and learning his trade than sitting on his arse as 3rd choice right back.

One of the itks said we are worried about walkers injuries and may offload

I know nothing about Trippier, could just turn out to be another Ben Davies. One things for sure, if it banishes Walker to the bench, then it can only be a good thing.

It's paramount that Pochettino knows his preferred back four before the season starts.

I know nothing about Trippier, could just turn out to be another Ben Davies. One things for sure, if it banishes Walker to the bench, then it can only be a good thing.

It's paramount that Pochettino knows his preferred back four before the season starts.

Exactly, it can only be a good thing, Walker has no end product and can't defend

Stat: Kieran Trippier played more accurate crosses (91) than any other player in the PL last season.

One of the itks said we are worried about walkers injuries and may offload

Yeah that sounds plausible. I think he's been out with long term injuries a few times now. Shame really.

• Advertisement

Walker - He's a horrendous defender, he waxed lyrically that he'd matured. I bought into this, returns and is worse than ever. I mean the guy turns a simple clearance into a major catastrophe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He had one good year a few years back, and has been poor for a while now.

Walker - He's a horrendous defender, he waxed lyrically that he'd matured. I bought into this, returns and is worse than ever. I mean the guy turns a simple clearance into a major catastrophe.

Yeah he just never learned to look around him, has no awareness of where his man is. He's great at running forward but fairly useless once he gets there.

Is Trippier-Dier-Verts-Rose the way to go?

I'd go with;

Trippier - Wimmer - Jan - Rose

With back-up being

Yedlin - Dier - Fazio - Davies

Not a bad selection.

We always have the option to go for Trippier - Wimmer - Dier - Jan

Plus there's rumours of Alderweild coming in - if so, we could see the back of Fazio.

Either way, now the board have to focus on getting rid of Kaboul and Chiriches!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

As we stand, I'd go Tripper Dier Jan Rose

Good article on Trippier;

https://talkingthfc.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/statistical-anaylysis-who-is-new-tottenham-signing-kieran-trippier/?
    Worryingly for Walker, Trippier beats him on tackles won, successful passes, total forward passes, clearances, chances created and assists during 2014/15.

Trippier in, looks like Yedlin to Norwich on loan.

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2015/6/17/8798981/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-rumor-burnley-kieran-trippier-norwich-city-deandre-yedlin

A good deal all round. Yedlin will be tested in the Norwich back four and, at the very least, he will be in the shop window.

Trippier in, looks like Yedlin to Norwich on loan.

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2015/6/17/8798981/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-rumor-burnley-kieran-trippier-norwich-city-deandre-yedlin

A good deal all round. Yedlin will be tested in the Norwich back four and, at the very least, he will be in the shop window.

That's good news about Yedlin.

More than one itk saying we have offered the saints their asking price for Schneiderlin, it's now up to the player himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Shelvy??!

Advertisement