Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Deisler wrote: »
    Shelvy??!

he would be an improvement of dembele but that aint much of a compliment:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Few rumors floating around about Townsend to Villa.

Just on a side note, watched the England U21 game. Tom Carroll will never make it at Tottenham, too slight and not enough of an imposing threat.

Pritchard came on late, Kane and himself looked on the same wave length.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Few rumors floating around about Townsend to Villa.

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Just on a side note, watched the England U21 game. Tom Carroll will never make it at Tottenham, too slight and not enough of an imposing threat.

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Pritchard came on late, Kane and himself looked on the same wave length.

Thought Pritchard looked tidy myself. Willing to get at a guy and seemed to work even though he was only on 15 minutes or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Lowton gone to Burnley. I think its safe to say we've got another right back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Apparently Alderweireld has told his friends he'll be joining Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote: »

Yes, lots of sources have this, that he's been promised first team place alongside Vertongen once again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »

That'd be excellent

I can't see Alderweireld joining, Dier, Fazio, Wimmer & Kaboul all are all on the books. The bullshít rumor mill is hotting up.

Dembele to Chelsea being the latest.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I can't see Alderweireld joining, Dier, Fazio, Wimmer & Kaboul all are all on the books. The bullshít rumor mill is hotting up.

Kaboul isn't first team any longer, can see him being offloaded.

I'd be happy to sell to Chelsea if we got Salah in return. Dembele wouldnt strengthen them

• Advertisement

Think Fazio and Kaboul on "available" for transfer. But isn't Vertonghen also a CB?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Trippier is a serious but of business and a steal at that price. Absolutely delighted with the news he has signed. Only 23 so he could improve further.

Hope he doesn't get mucked about like Davies last season, he's good enough to start the opening game of the season and then take it from there.

Think Fazio and Kaboul on "available" for transfer. But isn't Vertonghen also a CB?

Guaranteed starter, the rest are fighting for the available slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Verthongen gave up a season and a half ago.

Under Sherwood, when he was forced play on the left. He did well under Poch and was one of the first names on the team sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

As what a programme seller? :D He isn't starting with us so he'd hardly likely to get into their team.
    Under Sherwood, when he was forced play on the left. He did well under Poch and was one of the first names on the team sheet

Think it was AVB who started playing Verts on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Hope he doesn't get mucked about like Davies last season, he's good enough to start the opening game of the season and then take it from there.

To be fair Davies didnt exactly take his chance when he played and Rose was without a doubt a better performer than him last season

Dare I tempt fate by saying that it looks like Pauline is leaving for China!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Dare I tempt fate by saying that it looks like Pauline is leaving for China!!!!!

Would be fantastic is he landed there as we may miraculously get something approaching what we paid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11698615/Tottenham-close-in-on-Toby-Alderweireld-transfer.html
    Alderweireld deal close.
    Article also mentions a bid for Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, a 21 year old winger at Monaco. It also says that Anthony Martial is signing a new deal at Monaco, and that Watford are in for Capoue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

12m would be great. Hope this is true, no quotes

Spurs have struck a deal with Dnipro for Ukrainian international winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, who has flown to London for a medical (Eurosport)

Probably not very reliable though?

Talk on Twitter that Utd have scuppered our possibility of a deal with Schneiderlin

Schneiderlin would be a good acquisition, 25 mill is a princely sum. Surely there's better value out in the market.

Schneiderlin would be a good acquisition, 25 mill is a princely sum. Surely there's better value out in the market.

Possibly, but I think the PL experience was what made him so desirable. It may be best we don't waste any more time on him and move to or next target.

Possibly, but I think the PL experience was what made him so desirable. It may be best we don't waste any more time on him and move to or next target.

He's stated he wants CL football, so we were never realistically in the running. This transfer is dour. I'll be happy once we trim the fat.

The glimmer was nice while it lasted, but the reported fees have gone 12mil->15mil->17mil (all gbp) so tis probably unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The glimmer was nice while it lasted, but the reported fees have gone 12mil->15mil->17mil (all gbp) so tis probably unlikely

Scolari is their manager, so could help him settle in. Apparently they're increasing his wages from 55k to 85k - there's mad money over there.

Advertisement