Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Well Ade is exiled, Soldado hasn't found his shooting boots, nor does he look like he will anytime soon.

God forbid Kane picks up an injury, out for a few games, even worse the season, or goes through a goal drought. Only other option is to play a winger up front. Will you be happy with Soldado leading the line?

I know Defoe isn't the ideal answer, put pickings are slim. I'd take him till the end of the season if it were an option. I understand January isn't the ideal time to do business. Still, its a gamble relying on one striker to come up with the goods in every game.

Our midfield better keep contributing.

Ade isn't exiled. He went home for a few days but he's back now. Granted he's still useless but he is an option.

I'd be much happier with Soldado leading the line than Defoe. At least he can bring others into play.

Kane isn't injured. Of course he could get injured, but so could anyone.

I'd like us to get a striker but I don't think signing a striker who it's been proved doesn't fit into our team is the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ormus wrote: »
    Ade isn't exiled. He went home for a few days but he's back now. Granted he's still useless but he is an option.

I'd be much happier with Soldado leading the line than Defoe. At least he can bring others into play.

I'd like us to get a striker but I don't think signing a striker who it's been proved doesn't fit into our team is the answer.

It does look like ade is indeed exiled. He returned weeks ago, where is he ?

Himself and lennon have disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ade has been back a while, he can't even make the bench on cup days. There's obviously been a falling out with a few players, my way or the highway.

Kane could get injured, so could anyone? It's not anyone, he's the number one striker, not a midfield player who we can replace.

Soldado leading the line? Not a hope.

Ade has been back a while, he can't even make the bench on cup days. There's obviously been a falling out with a few players, my way or the highway.

Kane could get injured, so could anyone? It's not anyone, he's the number one striker, not a midfield player who we can replace.

Soldado leading the line? Not a hope.

I said SO could anyone. That means anyone else, it doesn't mean he is anyone. Injuries are a possibility for every player at every club. They're nothing new.

Do you remember how bad Defoe is up top on his own? Our possession rating would plummet. Soldado can't finish but at least he can process the ball. Anyway none of this matters because there's no way the club would be crazy enough to sign him again.

I said SO could anyone. That means anyone else, it doesn't mean he is anyone. Injuries are a possibility for every player at every club. They're nothing new.

Do you remember how bad Defoe is up top on his own? Our possession rating would plummet. Soldado can't finish but at least he can process the ball. Anyway none of this matters because there's no way the club would be crazy enough to sign him again.

Yes, I was aware you said so Ormus.
    I always liked Defoe, so I'm bias. Actually his hold up play was decent in his last year with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Lads Defoe will not be coming back to us. The headline and the first few sentences of that article are very misleading. The article is about him returning with Leicester either in the cup or the league.

I am surprised he is not a shoe in for Harry at QPR but they have signed Zarate from West Ham so maybe ruling that out.

I read the article, I hope a Premiership side snap him up all the same.

Yes, I was aware you said so Ormus.
    I always liked Defoe, so I'm bias. Actually his hold up play was decent in his last year with us.

Can't believe you really think that. He has never ever held the ball up.

I don't dislike him, but he's a 4-4-2 player and not a top half Premiership player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Seriously lads, Defoe? The fact that a team bottom of the league are favourites to sign him says it all about where he is at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Stoke are on the verge of capturing Bayern Munich’s Swiss striker Xherdan Shaqiri for £16m.

Is this for real? What a signing for them if true. Would be like Mascherano and Tevez going to Wet Spam. We should be chasing this guy.

• Advertisement

Defoe will train with our Development Squad for the next week to maintain fitness during MLS close season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭golfball37

irishmover wrote: »
    Stoke are on the verge of capturing Bayern Munich’s Swiss striker Xherdan Shaqiri for £16m.

Is this for real? What a signing for them if true. Would be like Mascherano and Tevez going to Wet Spam. We should be chasing this guy.
    Class player but I couldn't see him doing Poch's training sessions, he always looks overweight to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's not got a good scoring record for Bayern. 17 goals in 79 games isn't exactly something i'd be raving about.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Since when was Shaqiri a forward?
    Granted most of you probably have a better football knowledge than me,but i have him down as an Attacking midfielder/Playmaker type.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kiith wrote: »
    He's not got a good scoring record for Bayern. 17 goals in 79 games isn't exactly something i'd be raving about.

He's not a striker and most of those 79 appearances were for 10 mins or less I'd wager.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah, i saw striker above and Daily Mail said forward, so figured that's where he played.

That's what i get for believing the Daily Mail :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Tottenham have announced that striker Jermain Defoe will train with the club this week as he seeks to maintain his fitness amid rumours of a return to the Premier League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9636478/transfer-news-jermain-defoe-to-train-with-spurs-ahead-of-possible-premier-league-return

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

frag420 wrote: »
    Tottenham have announced that striker Jermain Defoe will train with the club this week as he seeks to maintain his fitness amid rumours of a return to the Premier League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9636478/transfer-news-jermain-defoe-to-train-with-spurs-ahead-of-possible-premier-league-return

No rumour of him joining spurs though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hammar wrote: »
    Since when was Shaqiri a forward?
    Granted most of you probably have a better football knowledge than me,but i have him down as an Attacking midfielder/Playmaker type.

He's a winger. Seems he's joining inter Milan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Danny Ings for 4 mil would be a steal imo.

• Advertisement

Mason & Lamela are due to return this week according to physioroom.

For the love of god stop posting this stuff. it just makes me despise the man even more

"Even though it was the shortest one, only six months, he was the one that, even in training, I always did my best, I always ran around,"

"When I saw the ball coming, I don't know what happened. For me, it was like something was going to kill me"

It brought a smile to my face, I know you secretly love the man Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

He's fair full of bull. He proved what kind of player he was too when muamba said he played and controlled the team and ade says it's not about the team its about what you do. Christ.

He's fair full of bull. He proved what kind of player he was too when muamba said he played and controlled the team and ade says it's not about the team its about what you do. Christ.

Its unfrickenbelievable

what that clown is doing to our club is a disgrace. daylight robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Advertisement

That interview is unbelievable. I can hardly believe he said those things. Bizarre bizarre stuff.

Advertisement