Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

irishmover wrote: »
    I believe Dele Ali was told he would not be loaned out and would be a member of the first team squad.

If he as talented as people say I would expect him to get plenty of game time during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Our full backs - Walker, Trippier and Yedlin, ..... Rose and Davies.

Centrehalves - Fazio - Dier - Toby - Yan - Wimmer.

Looks like Kaboul and Vlad will go....

Paulinho , Capoue and Holtby gone from the midfield,

Pritchard, Carroll coming into squad.

Ali will go out on loan.

Will Jan the Man be used as a defensive midfielder? Still have 4 centrehalves, or will Fazio be bombed or Wimmer sent out on loan too?

I believe Dele Ali was told he would not be loaned out and would be a member of the first team squad.
    Dele Alli: I'm not at Spurs to go out on loan this season

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/dele-alli-loan-spurs-season-not-if-i-can-help-it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭golfball37

They also weren't PL experienced either. Trippier and Alderweireld have both performed above any of our current players in those roles last season in English football.

Yes, but so did Ben Davies. Going to a bigger club is a different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

golfball37 wrote: »
    Yes, but so did Ben Davies. Going to a bigger club is a different ball game.

That's a good point. Alderweireld will be ****. Let's all rule ourselves out of the top 4 right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Daniel Levy has told Tottenham supporters to expect more signings this summer.

“The window will be reasonably busy,” he said. “We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and we’ve done deals for players who have now left.

“At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks but we are trying to business early where we can.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Paulinho , Capoue and Holtby gone from the midfield,

Pritchard, Carroll coming into squad.

Ali will go out on loan.

I see Alli staying. He's 19 and he has played enough senior games (74) for Poch to know he's up for the first team challenge. We won't walk in to the first team or anything but I could see him being a regularly used squad player this season.

In comparison, Pritchard and Carroll are lacking Alli's athletic physique. If anyone is going out on loan it will probably be Pritchard, to a PL team. Plus I'd say Carroll maybe sold to Swansea if they come looking.

I'd say Lennon will go to Everton if a good price can be agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Pritchard reminds me of another Andy Reid !!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I see Alli staying. He's 19 and he has played enough senior games (74) for Poch to know he's up for the first team challenge. We won't walk in to the first team or anything but I could see him being a regularly used squad player this season.

In comparison, Pritchard and Carroll are lacking Alli's athletic physique. If anyone is going out on loan it will probably be Pritchard, to a PL team. Plus I'd say Carroll maybe sold to Swansea if they come looking.

I'd say Lennon will go to Everton if a good price can be agreed.

I thought Pritchard has been told he'll be in the first team squad this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote:
    They also weren't PL experienced either. Trippier and Alderweireld have both performed above any of our current players in those roles last season in English football.

I hope your right.

irishmover wrote:
    That's a good point. Alderweireld will be ****. Let's all rule ourselves out of the top 4 right now

Lovern looked the business at Southampton before he signed for Liverpool last season.

... you just never know. Hopefully he's a Poch buy and not one of Levy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭golfball37

That's a good point. Alderweireld will be ****. Let's all rule ourselves out of the top 4 right now :(

I think you misunderstood my point tbh

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood my point tbh

Your point was that players can fail when they make a step up to a 'bigger' side, right?

My point was that its a lame outlook. These signings are positive. Not negative.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-levy-tells-tottenham-fans-to-expect-more-signings-this-summer-10377395.html

Apparently quotes from Levy this week;

“The window will be reasonably busy,” he said. “We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and we’ve done deals for players who have now left.

“At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks but we are trying to business early where we can.”

Between this and the five year contract, it seems Levy is really putting his faith in Poch. Great to see!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-levy-tells-tottenham-fans-to-expect-more-signings-this-summer-10377395.html

Apparently quotes from Levy this week;

Between this and the five year contract, it seems Levy is really putting his faith in Poch. Great to see!

They're direct quotes from his interview which is on the spurs website regarding the new stadium, NFL partnership and Alderweireld signing. So its a definite quote :)

For once.

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein/148/saison_id/2015

I'm not sure where this website gets it info but, if it's to be believed, this is how our summer window looks so far;

In

Alderwierld - €16m

Wimmer - €7m

Trippier - €4.9m

Total - €27.9m

Out

Paulinho - €14m

Capoue - €8.9m

Holtby - €6.5m

Total - €29.4m

There way off. Way too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein/148/saison_id/2015

I'm not sure where this website gets it info but, if it's to be believed, this is how our summer window looks so far;

In

Alderwierld - €16m

Wimmer - €7m

Trippier - €4.9m

Total - €27.9m

Out

Paulinho - €14m

Capoue - €8.9m

Holtby - €6.5m

Total - €29.4m

Remember, thats in euro not pound. To get the pound figure divide by around 1.4, and then the figures seem to be realistic. e.g Trippier is 3.5M, Alderwierld is around 11.5M

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Gotta say it's so far so good in terms of transfers, I expect 2 of the 3 defenders to be solid, just haven't seen enough of the other to know what to expect or how he'll adapt to the prem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Looks like United have signed Sweinsteiger, they'll most likely drop their interest in Schneiderlin

• Advertisement

Looks like United have signed Sweinsteiger, they'll most likely drop their interest in Schneiderlin

Oh yeah you're right!! Forgot about that....happy days. But of course I wouldn't say our relationship with Southampton is the best at the moment.

I like Townsend. Bags of potential. Would be sorry to see him go. Seems a good lad with a good attitude.

I like Townsend. Bags of potential. Would be sorry to see him go. Seems a good lad with a good attitude.

Can't criticize his attitude, I thought he looked great on loan at QPR, he needs a move to rectify his career. He plays better for the national side, but for whatever reason, he just hasn't clicked here.

What did he do of note last season, season before that...

If we could get double figures for him, c'est la vie Andros.

I must disagree. A good attitude is great, however talent and intelligence are also important.

Townsend doesn't seem to be developing or learning. For three seasons now we've watched him cut inside and shoot. If I needed two hands to count how many times this has succeeded I'd be very surprised. Yet every week he comes out and does it again.

£15m is a massive fee for a player who failed to realise the potential he had.

Can we throw in Ade to soften the deal

Schneiderlin to Utd. :(

Only Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue, Dembele, Townsend, Adebayor and possibly Soldado to go now.

We've also got Lennon and Holtby coming back in.

Paulinho, Holtby and Capoue gone.

Apparently Vlad and Stambouli will be gone by Friday.

Lennon, Kaboul and Townsend next to go I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

So he's going to United......

The Club can confirm that Hugo Lloris has sustained a fractured wrist during the close season period.

The France goalkeeper will continue to work alongside the First Team squad to build up his fitness in a bid to be ready for the start of the season.

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/hugo-update-130715/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Or he actually broke his wrist. He's not going anywhere lads.

Advertisement