Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Kiith wrote: »
    Or he actually broke his wrist. He's not going anywhere lads.

I'll believe that the day after the transfer window closes, Bale and Modric both got injured before pre season. Let's just hope Daniel can get a deal overseas and not strengthen our rivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Patww79 wrote: »

Whats wrong with us scousers ?? :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

I know, I know, just messing.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

A poster on Spurs Community is getting lashed out of it for posting this over the weekend.....
    Who: Not 100% sure
    When: 12th July
    Where: GG via COYS (I Think)

UNVERIFIED ITK WOULDN'T USUALLY MAKE THE READ ONLY BUT THIS IS TASTY STUFF SO WE'RE POSTING IT FOR YOU. OBVIOUSLY YOU SHOULD TAKE A BIGGER THAN USUAL PORTION OF SALT WITH THIS ONE.

From 'AberYid' via GG: Whored onto SC by 'Barneyboy'

"I don't especially want to reveal names but I'm fairly decent mates with a footballer in a Premier League squad.

That player had some friends around his pad last night, and I was one of them. There were 7 other well known footballers there, one of whom plays for Spurs.

We all talked and a lot of interesting things were said, but obviously I was interested in what the Spurs player knew.

So, here are some tidbits.

Lloris, Kane and Vertonghen will be our captains next season.
    Nabil Bentaleb is unreal in training and is now better paid than Kane, Vertonghen, and a few other big names.
    DeAndre Yedlin is actually quite good in training, but it took him 3 months or so to get used to the pace as apparently Sounders training was tinkle poor by comparison.
    Stambouli wasn't actually part of a clique causing trouble. He hung out with them because he's French and Hugo is a bit insular.
    Jesus Perez and Poch are a hilarious double act, and D'Agostino is a bit of a tough bounder with the players.
    No-one at the club likes Kaboul, but they all respectED him hence electing him captain last season.
    Everyone knows the club want Schneiderlin. This is why Dembele wants reassurances.
    Soldado is an absolute beast in training and never misses. The club are desperate for him to succeed - and noone can figure out what's wrong.
    Jan Vertonghen is the most popular player in the squad - the Alderweireld deal was in part to improve the club and in part to keep Vertonghen happy (he's not been happy with his CB partners)

And one of the players there is a Soton player, who said that Schneiderlin doesn't want to move to United: because he wants to play 38 games in a season, not be one of 6 or 7 top class midfielders.
    He misses Pochettino and his training methods, and he wants to move to London.
    The Soton player told me that Schneiderlin will be a Spurs player."

TRX RESPONDED ON COYS
    Trix: TBF I believe this is probably genuine info passed on. The fact that it is just a group of young players sat round chatting means most of it will just be opinion though. The young Saints player saying MS will become a Spurs player for instance, can't possibly know what we are willing to pay, or what Saints will actually accept.

Stambouli as far as I'm aware has never been accused of causing trouble, Yedlin did not impress at all last season and that wasn't down to the pace of the game it was down to technique, and I find it difficult to believe Jan was telling people especially one of his team mates that he wasn't happy with any of his CB partners last season.

This bit really sums up the whole "ITK" world....
    And one of the players there is a Soton player, who said that Schneiderlin doesn't want to move to United: because he wants to play 38 games in a season, not be one of 6 or 7 top class midfielders.
    He misses Pochettino and his training methods, and he wants to move to London.
    The Soton player told me that Schneiderlin will be a Spurs player.

I guess hindsight is 20-20..... but it would have been nice reading over the weekend. We can dream, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Not in a cast, doesn't look all that bad.CJ3-aq0WgAA12d2.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A poster on Spurs Community is getting lashed out of it for posting this over the weekend.....

Yea saw all that over the weekend, 9/10 itk's are garbage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Not in a cast, doesn't look all that bad.

Small bone in the wrist, could be back in 2-3weeks apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Mind linking a bit of info so I don't need to click into mirrors website and give them more traffic..

Soldado cost £13m +£13m in addons if memory serves me. I can hazard a guess Soldado hasn't hit those clauses to pay the full additional £13m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What happens if Kane gets injured lads?
    Or he can't reproduce last season's form.

He's a marked man now. The defenders will be prepared and ready for him.

His form tapered off in the last 6 weeks of last season and he had a 'mare at the under 21s tournament over the summer (as did the whole England squad to be fair)

Well there's always Adebayor as backup!! :D Joking....yeah we need a marquee striker signing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I assume we'll only sell him if there's someone else lined up as a replacement. As bad as he was, he's better then having no one if Kane gets injured.

Surely they have a striker or two in mind. They mentioned they had worked hard regarding targets.

I was hoping for more outgoing at this stage, even the rumors have died down.

Probably do all our business within the last week per usual.

I don't know what it is in me but for some reason I want Soldado to stay and succeed - obviously it benefits Spurs if he does, though I feel he is just one turn of a corner away from banging in the goals. Whereas others I'm happy to get rid of - Ade, Paulino, Vlad and so on!

I know he's had chance after chance, but...

Llorente's name keeps getting banded about.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I would like to have 3 strikers.

Kane
    Soldado

Berahino-Long-Hernandez. ( Basically a young small flyer).:cool:

I would like to have 3 strikers.

Kane
    Soldado

Berahino-Long-Hernandez. ( Basically a young small flyer).:cool:

I think Hernandez is off to the MLS, I could be wrong.

Berahino is hit or miss, he could end up in prison after a few months.

Long doesn't score enough goals.

If we're looking at a young proven goal scorer, then I'd look no further than Charlie Austin. 18 PL goals last season, in a very very poor team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be quite happy with Austin, but would he be ok being 2nd choice?

I dont want a big striker...

Llorenthe, Austin, Benteke......
    If we play 4-2-3-1.

They'd have to play the 1 up top.

The midgets would be able to play across the 3.

Harry up top all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Llorrente for £11m looks close.

Stambouli looks set to join PSG.

Kaboul to Sunderland gathering steam nicely. Funny if it happens seeing as his agent stated a few years ago “Younes would not join Sunderland - even if there was an earthquake,”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

this talk of Llorrente? have I missed something or have we gone back in time to about 4 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Very unexciting isn't it ?
    Will any mid-market signing make much of a difference ?

What's the point in signing players that are marginally better or pretty much as good as the ones we have ?

We need to sign players that instantly improve us and take us to another level, otherwise its 5th/6th/7th for ever more.

Kaboul in talks with Sunderland. £3,000,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Read an interesting piece about Hernandez the other day. It also mentioned him going to the MLS.

Anyway... his record of goals per mins played is better than RVP at United and better than Benzema at RM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kaboul in talks with Sunderland. £3,000,000.

Would be great to get his wages off the bill. Serious deadwood.

• Advertisement

Jaysis, i thought we'd fetch around £6m - £9m for Kaboul.

Advertisement