Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Jaysis, i thought we'd fetch around £6m - £9m for Kaboul.

Nah, he seems like he's being held together with sellotape. As Ormus says, best to get him off the wage bill. Plus you don't want to have unhappy influence around the dressing room.

Very unexciting isn't it ?
    Will any mid-market signing make much of a difference ?

What's the point in signing players that are marginally better or pretty much as good as the ones we have ?

We need to sign players that instantly improve us and take us to another level, otherwise its 5th/6th/7th for ever more.

I dunno, I think Llorente has what it takes to throw his weight around in the PL.

At £11m I'd prefer him to be proven in the league. I'm sure we could get Austin for £12m and he's got 18 PL goals in one season to his name.

Though if we could get Llorente for £5-6m he'd be worth a punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Benteke lads ?

Benteke lads ?

Not a chance, Villa want the £32m price tag to be met and they now know Liverpool have the cash to meet it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well if Liverpool get Benteke, then maybe Sherwood will take Ade off our hands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

For benteke to work our team would have to play a style different to what we were working on last year, doesn't make sense to be looking at him.

Nah, he seems like he's being held together with sellotape. As Ormus says, best to get him off the wage bill. Plus you don't want to have unhappy influence around the dressing room.
    Getting absolutely anything for him with his injury record, form, questionable attitude and being in the last year of his contract is good business in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I don't know what it is in me but for some reason I want Soldado to stay and succeed - obviously it benefits Spurs if he does, though I feel he is just one turn of a corner away from banging in the goals. Whereas others I'm happy to get rid of - Ade, Paulino, Vlad and so on!

I know he's had chance after chance, but...

I dont understand it either, but i agree, I'd like to see him get one more season. He clearly tries so hard and seems like a real team player.

There were so many times in his first season where he was making these brilliant runs in to the box but there was just no one picking him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Kaboul to Sunderland is done.

Spurs now target James McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can whoever convinced Sunderland to pay £3m for Kaboul please please please take on Adebayor. What a piece of business that is. Sale of the century

Only Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue, Dembele, Townsend, Adebayor and possibly Soldado to go now.

We've also got Lennon and Holtby coming back in.
    This is fun!! It's like a Bingo game....Deadwood Bingo I call it! :D

This is fun!! It's like a Bingo game....Deadwood Bingo I call it! :D

Liverpool going in for Benteke at Villa's asking price. Hopefully villa will line up Adebayor!

Capoue went to Watford already no?

I thought Holtby was gone and all?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Capoue went to Watford already no?

I thought Holtby was gone and all?

Yes to both

Yeah. Just checked wiki on Holtby. Signed with hamburg on July 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great business out so far

Yeah. Just checked wiki on Holtby. Signed with hamburg on July 1st

Have you not seen strikethrough text before? :confused:

• Advertisement

Have you not seen strikethrough text before?

Don't see anything..

They must not show it on the APP

Patww79 wrote:

Sure is!

Someone on the soccer forum posted earlier to say Austin to Newcastle jumped to 1/10 on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Kaboul was a good servant to the club. Had some crucial performances over the years. Shame it ended in people slagging him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He was our best defender for a year, that's for sure. He's dropped hugely now, and was heavily involved in whatever incident happened with some of the players though, so i'm delighted that he's gone. Even as a backup, he's not good enough anymore, and I'd take Fazio and Dier over him any day. He'll do well enough for Sunderland if he can stay fit though.

I'll still fondly remember him for beating his man and whipping in that cross for Crouch to score and get us CL football though. What a night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

According to the Daily Mirror, Tottenham Hotspur have lodged an £8m bid for Chelsea winger Victor Moses in the hope of a deal this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

irishmover wrote: »
    Kaboul was a good servant to the club. Had some crucial performances over the years. Shame it ended in people slagging him.

True, I was there when he scored the equaliser in the 4 all 125th anniversary game against villa. Alas, his time was well and truly up at spurs. He scored the winner at the empty crates too.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    According to the Daily Mirror, Tottenham Hotspur have lodged an £8m bid for Chelsea winger Victor Moses in the hope of a deal this summer.

He's never really impressed me...

One of the ITKs was saying that don't mind what you read in the press as there is a lot of agents throwing their clients' names out there in order to get any buyer, particularly as we're coming in to a season before an international tournament. We probably don't need an ITK to realise that but it's a fair point, most of the players we're being linked to is agent driven. So when you see a player like Moses, who has an outside chance of making England's team for the Euros if he gets first team football, then you know it's probably the agent.

Apparently Paul Mitchell and Levy's focus is on a defensive midfielder and a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Stambouli to PSG for 8mill being reported on twitter!

Advertisement