Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He's never really impressed me...

So when you see a player like Moses, who has an outside chance of making England's team for the Euros if he gets first team football, then you know it's probably the agent

He plays for Nigeria.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I think we could regret not fighting Liverpool for Milner.

I reckon that was the player we needed to compliment our forward lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He plays for Nigeria.

:D:D:D

Whoops!!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Stambouli to PSG for 8mill being reported on twitter!

8m euro I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

8m euro I assume?

Yea French site so about 5 ish sterling if its correct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is he worth selling at that price? I doubt we'll find a replacement for anywhere near that price, and he might not be that bad if given a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I would of gladly kept Stambouli, who actually bought him in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:
    I would of gladly kept Stambouli, who actually bought him in the first place?

I dunno. But I like to blame Levy for most things

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

VERY QUIET THESE LAST FEW DAYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Stambouli to PSG for 8mill being reported on twitter!

Good enough for PSG but not for Spurs. Something wrong somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Glebee wrote: »
    Good enough for PSG but not for Spurs. Something wrong somewhere.

He is French. PSG need him to make up the home grown quota.

VERY QUIET THESE LAST FEW DAYS.

DL did say that the lion's share of our business will be done near the end of the window, in fairness.

DL did say that the lion's share of our business will be done near the end of the window, in fairness.

Levy labelled genius for fanatics deal.

The irony.

How can leaving deals to the last minute be benificial. ..

The selling clubs will know you are running out of time and they hold the cards

The new players miss vital pre season training and games needed to get to know their new team mates and the coach's style, tactics etc

All the decent players are already snapped up and playing for their new clubs with only the crumbs left over.

The mind boggles

And what more. .. this approach has NEVER worked for us before and is part of the reason we have started most seasons badly since ENIC took charge. FFS.
    I can only think of one season that we did our season early.

The carry on here is as if we've signed nobody this summer.

Dele Alli, Trippier, Alderweireld and Wimmer. Four new signings. Along with a few youngsters moving into the squad.

We need one or two more things don't just happen like that. I'd prefer we didn't panic buy and sign a player we need in a couple weeks time than another flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote:
    The carry on here is as if we've signed nobody this summer.

Exactly, we're also doing a good job of offloading some deadwood. Some people are never happy

What's to be gained by buying players in the last week, a couple of weeks into the season instead of in June or July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote:

Yeah. 5th/6th is right. God forbid we'd have an aspirations for something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

Let's write this season off already then

FFS

Coming to this forum depresses me sometimes
    I love spurs despite the roller coaster. We are on a steady incline at the moment I feel and I'm not upset we have not spent 500mil on Ronaldo bale Messi neymar et al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

gar wrote: »
    Let's write this season off already then

FFS

Coming to this forum depresses me sometimes
    I love spurs despite the roller coaster. We are on a steady incline at the moment I feel and I'm not upset we have not spent 500mil on Ronaldo bale Messi neymar et al

Just two of them would do!

What's to be gained by buying players in the last week, a couple of weeks into the season instead of in June or July.

Alright then let's not sign any more players now. Sure it would be a big waste of time right?

Did it occur to you that we've been missing out on players that we've wanted? Anthony Martial and Danny Ings spring to mind.

Besides, we know all to well signing a bunch of players doesn't guarantee success. Whose to say the youngsters coming through aren't going to fill the gaps we needed. Heck we signed Capoue, Stambouli, Dembele, holtby and Paulinho (among others) for midfield over the last few seasons. Who held down the midfield spots last season? Mason and Bentaleb. Two youngsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Pics of Ade at the airport getting a flight to Birmingham, yay \o/

I revert back to my original point -> what's to be gained from leaving the purchase of further players until the end of the window and after the season has started?

I've already backed up my point with 3-4 examples of the downside to this approach

Is it not a reasonable assumption to assume the manager/scouts/Paul Mitchell have already identified their targets well before now. So what's the point of waiting another 3-4 weeks

I revert back to my original point -> what's to gained from leaving the purchase of further players until the end of the window and after the season has started?

I've already backed up my point with 3-4 examples of the downside to this approach

Is it not a reasonable assumption to assume the manager/scouts/Paul Mitchell have already identified their targets well before now. So what's to point of waiting another 3-4 weeks

Targets were identified, missed out on some. You must have missed the rest of my post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Pics of Ade at the airport getting a flight to Birmingham, yay \o/

https://twitter.com/vizzy9/status/622362290931793920

He's probably trolling us

There's gossip going round that talks between Spurs and Sunderland over the transfer of Dembele have started.

It's early stages and it's gossip, so probably a 5% chance of it happening at this point. Though, with Stambouli off to PSG... it'd be worrying if Demebele went too.

Capoue, Paulinho and Holtby already gone.

Our centre midfield would be Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll, Alli and Eriksen (at a push.)

It's been rumoured that we're after an experienced defensive midfielder, but they'd want to get moving on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

There's gossip going round that talks between Spurs and Sunderland over the transfer of Dembele have started.

It's early stages and it's gossip, so probably a 5% chance of it happening at this point. Though, with Stambouli off to PSG... it'd be worrying if Demebele went too.

Capoue, Paulinho and Holtby already gone.

Our centre midfield would be Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll, Alli and Eriksen (at a push.)

It's been rumoured that we're after an experienced defensive midfielder, but they'd want to get moving on it!

Sell sell sell. Dembele is another I'd get rid of, hasn't done a tap for near 18 months now, not the type of player our manager wants, get rid , might get 10m would we??

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sell sell sell. Dembele is another I'd get rid of, hasn't done a tap for near 18 months now, not the type of player our manager wants, get rid , might get 10m would we??

Probably 7-8 at least.

Advertisement