Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What happened him? Remember his last season at Fulham and first year or so at Spurs, looked a great replacement for Modric

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's all very well and good getting rid, once we're not replacing like for like whilst making a tidy profit.

We seem to have a constant influx of midfielders over the years, forgettable, not memorable.

A quality midfielder would make all the difference.

Mason & Bentaleb will not work over the course of the season.

All I ever remember Moussa doing was that last minute winner against Lyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

All I ever remember Moussa doing was that last minute winner against Lyon.

Looked really good on the ball, very little end product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'd be perfectly happy with this for 15m
    Tottenham to launch transfer bid for West Brom's Saido Berahino in the next few days

Baggies' England U21 striker is a priority for Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino whose scouts watched the 21-year-old's progress closely last season

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-launch-transfer-bid-west-6093538

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Twitter has us linked with McCarthy again, thats definitely not one id like to see go through, can only base it on his Ireland performances though, does he play well for Everton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Might be replacing one asshole with another though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Might be replacing one asshole with another though.

Berahino has dropped his agent, Aidy Ward. The same guy who caused the Sterling debacle. So Berahino might have some more sop on, than Raheem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Berahino has dropped his agent, Aidy Ward. The same guy who caused the Sterling debacle. So Berahino might have some more sop on, than Raheem.

Don't know if I'd blame his agent for him driving under the influence and general other being-a-complete-cock incidents.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

£15m seems a bit much, €15m would be more realistic but tis make anything up season 😝

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167088/Aston-Villa-open-talks-Tottenham-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html

Aston Villa have opened talks with Tottenham over the proposed transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167088/Aston-Villa-open-talks-Tottenham-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html

Aston Villa have opened talks with Tottenham over the proposed transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor.

I'll be holding my breath until I see him holding a Villa jersey..... then tears of joy will run down my face.

Blanc is quoted as saying: “He [Stambouli] will definitely join us tomorrow [Monday] afternoon. He needs to pass a medical test and once this is the case he will be with us.”

Blanc is quoted as saying: “He [Stambouli] will definitely join us tomorrow [Monday] afternoon. He needs to pass a medical test and once this is the case he will be with us.”

Apparently £6m too, which is a £1.3m profit. Not bad business for a guy who played a handful of games.

Apparently £6m too, which is a £1.3m profit. Not bad business for a guy who played a handful of games.

We always seem to make a profit regardless. I'd expect two, possibly three more players out the revolving door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Then he turns out to actually be a good player and sell for £20m in a couple seasons.

We always seem to make a profit regardless. I'd expect two, possibly three more players out the revolving door.

Apparently Adebayor and Townsend are next. Though we've rejected bids for Dembele.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

While I am delighted at the removal of deadwood, the real point to be made here is:

(a) When are we going to bring more players in? We tend to do our business late in the day which leaves us open to weaker signings.

(b) Here is the key - we cannot, as we have done in the past, make space for new arrivals and then bring in more deadwood. We need high profile signings which means signing early.

Look at our main rivals for 4th - Liverpool and United are buying now and buying well in my opinion. We are getting left behind and dropping down the table before the season starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote: »
    Then he turns out to actually be a good player and sell for £20m in a couple seasons.

We usually make a profit on sell on bonuses, win, win

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I would like to have 3 strikers.

Kane
    Soldado

Berahino-Long-Hernandez. ( Basically a young small flyer).:cool:

Linked with these 2 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

any one else think liverpool have bought very well this window, Ings, Clyne, Millner, Benteke , 4 good solid prem players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't think Benteke will suit their style of play, and 32 mill is a huge amount of money for him. They do need someone though, and maybe it will work out.

Milner and Clyne will be do well for them, and are definitely improvements over what they have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Stambouli officially gone. Thats a lot of players shifted out.

This is from this site http://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein/148/saison_id/2015

The prices are in Euro.

In

Alderwierld - €16m

Wimmer - €7m

Trippier - €4.9m

Total - €27.9m

Out

Paulinho - €14m

Capoue - €8.9m

Holtby - €6.5m

Kaboul - €4.3m

Stambouli - €8.6m

Total - €42.3m

Net income so far €14.4m

If rumours are to be believed we'll get Ade off our books on a season long loan, which will free up some salary expenditure. Plus, Villa may also come in with a €15m offer for Townsend and a few teams are looking at Lennon (£8m/€10m?).

So there's potentially another €25m lined up to be sold, with Ade's wages gone too.

Carroll to Villa possibly, even on loan, Sherwood is a big fan? Can't imagine he'll receive a whole lot of game time.
    I'd be fairly confident of getting shot of Ade.
    Either way, good job thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Me personally, i'd love Soldado to stay and bang the goals in....I still do.
    I wonder will he be still here for the MLS game and The Audi Cup...

If he is.... plays well and scores the odd goal, will he get another chance to shine? ie start 6 -10 games in succession, because i feel he never really got a decent run a settled side.
    When he signed we had 6 other new players and a new system etc..

If he does leave, Chicarito or / and Berahino will be great.

• Advertisement

Saints be praised, ya gotta love the Turks!

http://www.turkish-football.com/galatasaray-set-to-offer-e7m-for-tottenham-defender/?

I hope this is true!

Advertisement