Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I know ITK info is to be taken with a wheelbarrow of salt, but I couldn't help myself...

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ie/2015/07/villa-itk-says-ade-done-deal.html

I've heard from other place that it will be done this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I know ITK info is to be taken with a wheelbarrow of salt, but I couldn't help myself...

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ie/2015/07/villa-itk-says-ade-done-deal.html

I've heard from other place that it will be done this week.

hope to fook it works out, need him out of our team asap the lazy leech

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fiorentina have opened talks with Tottenham flop Vlad Chiriches according to talksport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

All bets are off on Ade moving to Villa, I've my fingers and toes crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Isn't Ade on 100K a week. You wouldn't think villa would pay that, so either he takes a pay cut, or Spurs subsidies it.

• Advertisement

Isn't Ade on 100K a week. You wouldn't think villa would pay that, so either he takes a pay cut, or Spurs subsidies it.

Does it matter, just get it done, he goes on a free in 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Could we finally be rid of Ade?

There's only really Chiriches, Adebayor and Lennon left to go really.

I had included Townsend, Dembele and Soldado in an earlier post, though I think all three will stay at this stage.

If the first three go, we'll have to bring in a striker, a wing-forward type and a defensive midfielder - I think that will be it for the summer.

Possibles....

DM - Christoph Kramer

WF - Saido Berahaino/Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (linked today)

ST - Charlie Austin

Sevilla are ‘close to reaching an agreement’ with Tottenham for the transfer of Roberto Soldado according to Spanish outlet Super Deporte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sevilla are ‘close to reaching an agreement’ with Tottenham for the transfer of Roberto Soldado according to Spanish outlet Super Deporte.

It's like leaving the most beautiful girl you have ever met because you know it's just not working out!. He will go to Spain, score goals for fun. I hold AVB responsible, never played him with adequate support.

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    It's like leaving the most beautiful girl you have ever met because you know it's just not working out!. He will go to Spain, score goals for fun. I hold AVB responsible, never played him with adequate support.

Pretty much sums it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't hold anyone responsible. It was a combination of factors. Our wingers at the time he arrived (Townsend and Lennon) were poor at servicing strikers. AVB liked a narrow system. Soldado started badly and lost confidence and let it get to him. Something about his game just never gelled for Spurs, even under Sherwood and Poch.

Chiriches out and Berahino in according to the rags this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

there are a few guilty parties here

the player himself - missed a ****load of sitters
    the football director for recommending the player to the chairman
    the chairman for hiring and firing 3 managers since he was signed
    another classic tottenham fúck up

next up - how to you solve a problem like Lemela ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

next up - how to you solve a problem like Lemela ?

I think he deserves one more season, his first was a write off with injury, he's already on his 3rd manager. I think he has it in him to become very good.

He'll be kept. On paper his goals and assists per mins played isn't that bad when you compare him to Townsend, Lennon etc

there are a few guilty parties here

the player himself - missed a ****load of sitters

He actually started scoring in a europa league qualifier before the pre league started, his confidence was clearly shot, it happens.
    the football director for recommending the player to the chairman
    ?? He was a proven goal scorer in the Spanish league and champions league, what the feic would we not have wanted him?????
    the chairman for hiring and firing 3 managers since he was signed
    What 3 managers? AVB, Sherwood and ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's worth another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Has Bobby Soldado flown to America?
    Some fools have photos of him on a flight to Ibiza.

• Advertisement

No sign of him in any of the photo's on the US tour.

just saw a picture on Facebook, Ade ,Bobby, Arron and Vlad did not travel.

Pity the way Lennon's career had ended, totally excluded. Looks like Pochettino won't allow any bad seeds to be part of the squad.

I'd like if this article was true.... http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/26/tottenham-hotspur-hopeful-of-completing-bundesliga-triple-swoop-as-delegation-travels-to-germany-5312516/?

However, I think Kramer signed a new contract this summer. So it could be wide of the mark. Sven Bender would be a good purchase though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Pfffft metro :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sven bender has been a rumour since early June so its nothing new.

Would be a good addition. Friend follows bundesliga and likes him.

i'll be rightly pissed off if we havent signed Berahino by Friday.

He actually started scoring in a europa league qualifier before the pre league started, his confidence was clearly shot, it happens.

?? He was a proven goal scorer in the Spanish league and champions league, what the feic would we not have wanted him?????

What 3 managers? AVB, Sherwood and ...?

Poch is the 3rd manager Soldado has had in 2 years
    This cannot be good for him (or any player for that matter)

Proven in Spain - unproven in England - the started okay but then fell apart

He, Lemela and Paulinho (@ aprox 60 mil) have been an absolute nightmare and all are damning indictment on our transfer policy at the time

Levy got his pants pulled down big time - his reaction seems to be not to invest decent money again - this move will only ever keep us making up the numbers and never challenging for honors - we are in a vicious circle of mediocrity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

i'll be rightly pissed off if we havent signed Berahino by Friday.

You will more than likely be pissed off then :P

• Advertisement

Classic Levy - here we go again............

Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion are more than £10million apart in their valuations of striker Saido Berahino.
    Spurs have held discussions about making a £10m opening bid for Berahino, but West Brom value their star man at closer to £25m.
    The future of Berahino could now become a saga that runs towards the end of the transfer window, with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and West Brom’s Jeremy Peace both famous for refusing to give an inch.
    With Raheem Sterling joining Manchester City for £49m and Liverpool paying £32.5m for Christian Benteke, Peace believes Berahino is worth big money.

Tottenham’s move for Berahino is also very much dependent on the club offloading Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado.
    Neither Adebayor nor Soldado have travelled with the Spurs squad to Denver for a game against an MLS All-Stars team, as both men attempt to tie up moves away from White Hart Lane.
    Aston Villa will this week step up their bid to sign Adebayor on a season-long, while Sevilla are currently favourites to take Soldado back to Spain despite reported interest from Villarreal, Real Sociedad and Borussia Dortmund.
    Asked whether there is a good chance of Villa completing the signing of Adebayor, assistant-manager Ray Wilkins said: “I can only talk for myself, but I'm hoping there is because when Adebayor wants to play he is extremely effective.
    “He knows the Premier League inside out, so he would be a good addition for us.”

Berahino has two years left to run on his £15,000-a-week and West Brom want to extend his contract by offering him a double-your-money pay rise.
    The 21-year-old could earn more, however, by moving to Spurs and partnering Harry Kane up front.
    Asked about Berahino’s future, West Brom manager Tony Pulis said: “He’s a good player and we are desperate to keep him. If a top club comes in, as we have said before, you look at Raheem Sterling and eventually they have to sell.
    “Once we get going and if he scores a lot of goals for us then I’m sure it will be very difficult for the football club to keep him.”

Other than looking at Berahino, Tottenham have a transfer delegation in Germany this week amid reports the club have had an £8.5m bid for 19-year-old Leroy Sane rejected by Schalke.
    Spurs are also interested in Stuttgart forward Timo Werner and midfielders Christoph Kramer and Sven Bender.
    Other than Adebayor and Soldado, Vlad Chiriches has not travelled to Denver as the Romanian is set to leave Spurs with Napoli the latest club to hold talks over the defender. Aaron Lennon has also remained in England to continue training with the Under-21s, while Andros Townsend has stayed behind with a shoulder injury.

Advertisement