Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Pochettino came in talking about a long term plan, DL gave him a five year contract to support that. So I'd expect that winning the league this coming season is not in the development plan.

Year 1 - Poch assessed his squad and the youth system. He decided who he needed and sorted our his backroom staff.

Year 2 - Poch gets rid of all the deadwood, promotes/integrates the youth and outlines to Paul Mitchell who he wants to fill the gaps.

Year 3 - The youth players are integrated, the squad is bigger and Paul Mitchell's targets have been purchased by the start of the 2016/2017, we're in a better position to fight on four fronts.

Year 4 - The youth players have now got two years of experience under their belts, the senior players in the squad are Poch's best mates and Alan Hansen will say "Tottenham won't win anything with kids" - before we go on to win the 2017/2018 league title. :cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

they met his buy out clause - simple as that - at least they are trying - what are we doing ? - I can't see us finishing above them again next season, can you ?

We said that last year, they have a habit of messing things up. They've spent half a billion in the last few years and not a single trophy. Would that make you happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We said that last year, they have a habit of messing things up. They've spent half a billion in the last few years and not a single trophy. Would that make you happy?

They have more going for them than we do
    They will finish higher than us this season if nothing changes

I would be happy if ENIC focused on giving us a team we could be proud of. That means investing the kind of money (money they have) required to give us a chance. They won't do this, therefore we have no chance of being successful. Its a simple as that really.

They run a business very well but they run a football club terribly.
    Billy Nick once said "it's better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low"
    ENIC have never aimed high enough - they think it costs too much.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ade might, maybe..maybe actually leaving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

They have more going for them than we do
    They will finish higher than us this season if nothing changes

I would be happy if ENIC focused on giving us a team we could be proud of. That means investing the kind of money (money they have) required to give us a chance. They won't do this, therefore we have no chance of being successful. Its a simple as that really.

They run a business very well but they run a football club terribly.
    Billy Nick once said "it's better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low"
    ENIC have never aimed high enough - they think it costs too much.

This is the transfer gossip thread.

• Advertisement

Ade might, maybe..maybe actually leaving :)

Caption Competition

"I won't sign for Villa until you turn this building to face North"

CLAn8wjWcAAIuv4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hopefully thats a medical centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Caption Competition

"I won't sign for Villa until you turn this building to face North"

CLAn8wjWcAAIuv4.jpg

Could someone please point me in direction of Tottenham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11769314/Tottenham-defender-Vlad-Chiriches-poised-to-join-Napoli.html

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a £4.5 million fee with Napoli for the sale of Vlad Chiriches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Chiriches out and Ade having a medical at Villa apparently. Happy ****ing days :P

Seriously though, if they go, we've really shipped off a whole lot of deadwood in the squad. Not improved anything bar the defense, and a few more signings would be nice, but at least the defense looks more solid now. And that was the most important thing, considering how bad we were last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

At the rate of attrition Spurs will have sold/loaned all their "Bale bounty" transfers by Sept 1st!

29/08/13 C. Eriksen Ajax € 12M

29/08/13 E. Lamela Roma € 30M loan to Porto with option to buy mooted this evening

29/08/13 V. Chiricheş Steaua € 8.5M Napoli deal being talked of

14/08/13 E. Capoue Toulouse € 11M SOLD

04/08/13 Soldado Valencia € 30M Available for sale or loan

25/07/13 N. Chadli Twente € 6.5M

05/07/13 Paulinho Corinthians € 20M
    SOLD

... stolen from the general soccer forum.

(I think the story about Lamela is wide of the mark)

Chadli and Eriksen is all we have as a legacy from the sale of Bale just two summers ago.

Not too mention some of the other muck bought and sold again in the last 24 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

They have more going for them than we do They will finish higher than us this season if nothing changes

They run a business very well but they run a football club terribly. Billy Nick once said "it's better to fail aiming high than succeed aiming low" ENIC have never aimed high enough - they think it costs too much.

No way have Liverpool more going for them then us. We've a young, hungry, ambitious squad.

We've at least 2 players for each position. I think we still need a centre forward and midfielder but if we don't get them we don't.

I enjoyed last season, kane coming through, a cup final and some good performances against the big boys.

The way teams are throwing money at it turns me off, at least we seem to be trying to do it the right way by promoting players from within and buying young players.

We bought 7 players 2 seasons ago and unfortunately most turned out to be poor but they're actually clearing the squad now, something we've been asking for years but that's not good enough now for some and we should throw it at players again.

Christ, let's believe in our manager, players, system and dare to dream for once.

Im never shy to point the finger at Levy when he buys ****e or doesn't buy at all but I'll give him his dues, he's done a stellar job getting rid of some seriously average players in the last 6 months.

We bought 7 players 2 seasons ago and unfortunately most turned out to be poor but they're actually clearing the squad now, something we've been asking for years but that's not good enough now for some and we should throw it at players again.

How many clear outs is that now though?

Ramos had one after the Jol era

Then Harry came in and got rid of a bunch of foreigners and brought a British based core to the squad.

The AVB came in, then Sherwood and now Poch is having the 3rd major clear out in about 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Adebayor deal a loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Chiriches wearing the Napoli colours i see.

No feelings for that chap at all.

Never even used him on FIFA.:P

I don't see Vlad's career blossoming in Italy. They must be desperate acquiring his services.

Napoli Coach Maurizio Sarri admits he ‘doesn’t know much’ about Vlad Chiriches, but trusts the club.

The defender is on the verge of joining the Partenopei, arriving in Italy last night to seal his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur.

“I don’t know much about him,” Sarri admitted in a Press conference.

“I saw him for half of a match, and he seemed to have discrete physical qualities, but I don’t have a clear impression.

“But if they [the club] chose him…”

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Never impressed me, not worth 8 million, never mind 28.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Well we won't pay that for him, it's just not likely at all.

Id rather Barkley than McCarthy.

Just updating this....

In

Alderwierld - €16m

Wimmer - €7m

Trippier - €4.9m

Total - €27.9m

Out

Paulinho - €14m

Capoue - €8.9m

Holtby - €6.5m

Kaboul - €4.3m

Stambouli - €8.6m

Chiriches - €6m

Total - €48.3m

Net income so far €20.4m

Recurring rumours on various ITK sites suggesting that inbound deals are done, though will be finalised after the trip to the US. In the meantime Vlad and Ade were to be done this week. So far so good...

Just updating this....

In

Alderwierld - €16m

Wimmer - €7m

Trippier - €4.9m

Total - €27.9m

Out

Paulinho - €14m

Capoue - €8.9m

Holtby - €6.5m

Kaboul - €4.3m

Stambouli - €8.6m

Chiriches - €6m

Total - €48.3m

Net income so far €20.4m

Recurring rumours on various ITK sites suggesting that inbound deals are done, though will be finalised after the trip to the US. In the meantime Vlad and Ade were to be done this week. So far so good...

This kinda post is like a red rag to a bull for DublinSpur to come in and say that we've done great business but have failed to sign a few world class players such as Moutinho, and this is typical Levy not loosening the purse strings.

I just imagine how much more competitive and motivated training must be without the likes of Ade and Benny standing around making smart remarks at anyone who makes an effort.

Ormus wrote: »
    I just imagine how much more competitive and motivated training must be without the likes of Ade and Benny standing around making smart remarks at anyone who makes an effort.

I completely agree. You could see the difference in the tempo of our closing down with Mason, Bentaleb and Kane playing.

Poch will bring in youthful players who are hungry to play and win. They're far better value than an over-priced 'big name' mercenary!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭golfball37

Serie A will suit Vlad, much slower deep lying defensive league and he's a much better footballer than out and out defender.

Vlad the poor bast***. Turfed out unwanted to a club with a manager who doesn't know diddly squat about him.

... still the Italian league may suit him.

Adebayors medical will take place in the next 48 hours............
    They forgot to add that the medical itself will take 96 hours at least !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Ormus wrote: »
    This kinda post is like a red rag to a bull for DublinSpur to come in and say that we've done great business but have failed to sign a few world class players such as Moutinho, and this is typical Levy not loosening the purse strings.

You're obsessed with me Ormus - move on son

• Advertisement

You're obsessed with me Ormus - move on son

Ah I was only slagging.

Advertisement