Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

tippspur wrote:
    I see Dzeko is heading for Roma,surprised we weren't in for him.

jobeenfitz wrote:
    The problem with most players leaving City is that they are usually on huge contracts.

Dzeko to Roma and Jotovic to inter on a loan.

They might be a huge contracts at city but I doubt they are getting close to that in Italy

You'd like to think we tried to sign one of them. Some fans seem to be happy enough when we try to sign good players even if we don't actually sign them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'd love us to go for Pjanic!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur-boss-mauricio-pochettino-identifies-future-club-mls-all-stars-defeat-1513374

"It is a great experience for the young players and again, there are a lot of positive things to take from that. It is important for them to be involved in the first team because I think they are the future of the club."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dzeko was picking up more niggles, apparently he was on 160 -170 grand at City. Ade deal seems to have gone all quite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Apparently Poch wants two new signings by the time we start the Audi Cup on Tuesday. We could have a busy weekend.

I'd say Timo Werner is the most likely of the German contingent.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Ade deal seems to have gone all quite?

According to Football 365 (see), he did his medical earlier this week and its due to be announced on Monday.

I'm getting nervous about our capacity up front.

richardjjd wrote: »
    According to Football 365 (see), he did his medical earlier this week and its due to be announced on Monday.

I'm getting nervous about our capacity up front.

Because ade was in contention? With or without him on the books we've got Kane, Soldado and Coulthirst.

irishmover wrote: »
    Because ade was in contention? With or without him on the books we've got Kane, Soldado and Coulthirst.

Not that we're selling Ade - agreed that he wasn't going to deliver - but because we're poor in that department.

We've consistently scored less than the top four for the last five or six seasons and if we're going to compete for Champions League spaces, we have to change that.

Soldado's on the market. I don't think Coulthirst is going to deliver the 15 goals we need. He's played one game (in Europe) for us in the last two years - all of his experience has been on loan with Southend and York.

Its now the end of July and while we've been linked with a number of strikers, we haven't bought. So I'm nervous that we've zero cover if anything happens to Kane (either injury or form).

Not that we're selling Ade - agreed that he wasn't going to deliver - but because we're poor in that department.

We've consistently scored less than the top four for the last five or six seasons and if we're going to compete for Champions League spaces, we have to change that.

Soldado's on the market. I don't think Coulthirst is going to deliver the 15 goals we need. He's played one game (in Europe) for us in the last two years - all of his experience has been on loan with Southend and York.

Its now the end of July and while we've been linked with a number of strikers, we haven't bought. So I'm nervous that we've zero cover if anything happens to Kane (either injury or form).

I'm not saying we're sorted there. I'm saying adebayor was going to have zero impact regardless.

We need a striker, but whether we get one or not it doesn't take away from the necessity of getting rid of adebayor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's strange to think that getting rid of a player would make the squad better, without replacing him, but it's true

It's strange to think that getting rid of a player would make the squad better, without replacing him, but it's true

Plus it releases 100k sterling a week to attract others ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

A bigger issue is the fact that we have conceded more goals than most of the other teams in the premiership! Only four teams conceded more goals than spurs last season, thats a more urgent issue that has hopefully been addressed!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    A bigger issue is the fact that we have conceded more goals than most of the other teams in the premiership! Only four teams conceded more goals than spurs last season, thats a more urgent issue that has hopefully been addressed!

Hence why nobody is focussing on that anymore :)

Lambert having a medical at West Brom, might signal Berahino's departure?

richardjjd wrote:

Maybe the success of Mason and Bentaleb last season has gone to Levy's head and he thinks the youth coming through as the solution.

I'm sure Coulthirst is good for 15-20 epl goals - Sure he's been knocking on the door for the last 2 years ...

... the door of the Southend and York reserve teams that is.

Kane only forced his way through due to the Europa League, even though he was scoring, he still wasn't first choice.

It's a good platform for any emerging talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hence why nobody is focussing on that anymore :)

Ha yes, maybe Poch doesn't see it as such a major issue. Score the same as last year, concede 20 less, should be a lot better off points wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭golfball37

At this stage id nearly take a punt on Balotelli!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

golfball37 wrote: »

Sarcasm, surely. No fu*king way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ah now

You sound like a man in deep, deep despair. You should try talking to someone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bring back the dislike button ;)

The Tottenham Way - normally a reliable source - are quoting journalist Andrew Gaffney that a Soldado to Villa Real deal has been agreed and will go through once the payment plan is signed off. 13m sterling. Here.

richardjjd wrote:
    The Tottenham Way - normally a reliable source - are quoting journalist Andrew Gaffney that a Soldado to Villa Real deal has been agreed and will go through once the payment plan is signed off. 13m sterling.

Have read conflicting reports that say we only ever paid £13m upfront for Soldado and the other £13m was based on other performances and so forth. Safe to say it's highly unlikely we've had to make good on those.

Have read conflicting reports that say we only ever paid £13m upfront for Soldado and the other £13m was based on other performances and so forth. Safe to say it's highly unlikely we've had to make good on those.

Not conflicting that is pretty much what has been widely known since we signed Soldado. The media just likes to throw around £26m for their agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Not conflicting that is pretty much what has been widely known since we signed Soldado. The media just likes to throw around £26m for their agenda.

Same for Lamella, not all that expensive as quoted, lots of payments on bonuses that were never activated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, now i'm getting annoyed at the lack of any deals. The new season starts in 5 days ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Kiith wrote: »
    Ok, now i'm getting annoyed at the lack of any deals. The new season starts in 5 days ffs.

There's a month left in the transfer window. Outgoing players don't want to commit until they've seen all offers on the table which pushes things closer to the deadline. As for incoming, we are not the most attractive club as we've not got CL football, players will hang on to see if they can do better than us.

• Advertisement

True. We can't expect to complete with clubs like Liverpool when it comes to players like Benteke.

Advertisement