Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

It's vorm for Christ's sake. He's not Welsh

ha ha...
    On a separate issue im hearing Danny Rose has handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

ha ha...
    On a separate issue im hearing Danny Rose has handed in a transfer request.

Rose has been brutal any time I've watched him play.... If it's Chelsea we should get triple what he worth....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... rose to Chelsea ???

I'll start the car. Can we throw in Walker too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Yeah if the rumours are to be believed and Chelsea are offering £15m then we should accept. We have cover in the form of Jan Vertonghen.

Rose has had one half-decent season. He's not a good defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Personally, I thought Rose was one of our best players last season. if he does leave I wont be surprised to be honest, but it does leave us with another space to fill with a quickly closing transfer window. I think that with the two Belgium lads at center back and Trippier/rose as full backs, if we got our hands on an experienced def midfielder to drop in as Poch's system requires its a decent defensive base. If he does go to Chelsea, id be hoping that levy can get Remy in as part of the deal, at least it would be addressing an obvious problem we currently have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Rose has improved since Davies came but we need to keep homegrown players, he's valuable even if he doesn't play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Rose has improved since Davies came but we need to keep homegrown players, he's valuable even if he doesn't play

Yeh because Spurs don't have enough homegrown players. Minimum needed is 8. Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Winks, Townsend, McGee, Carroll, Onomah and Pritchard. That's without being sure on Walker, Davies and Dele Alli.

Sorted, bye Rose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Rose handing in a transfer request doesn't add up for 2 reasons, 1 he largely credits poch for his improvement, 2 he loses out financially as a result of requesting a transfer.

But if he has, then sell, he's rubbish at defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Here's a breakdown of the Premier League clubs that have been busiest so far this summer.

Stoke have signed the most players, including a few academy players.

Watford, Aston Villa and Bournemouth have each signed at least nine players, while seven top-flight clubs have signed five players so far.

Arsenal are the only club to have signed just the one player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's from the Mirror. The day that rag gets something right, is the day i still won't read it.

As for Rose, i hope he doesn't leave. He was excellent last season, and if he can keep that form going, we'll be pretty solid at the back (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Kiith wrote: »
    As for Rose, i hope he doesn't leave. He was excellent last season, and if he can keep that form going, we'll be pretty solid at the back (hopefully).

Fully agree, specially towards the tail end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Patww79 wrote: »

What good is £40m to us? Who would we buy, Benzema?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Patww79 wrote: »

So if we're ambitious, we should sell our best player at the start of the season?

It's amazing the difference a year makes. This time last season we would have found it hard to get him off the books for £4m. Now we argue over whether we should accept £40m or not. You've got to love football!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

a shockingly poor window so far even by ENIC's poor standards

here's hoping desperate Dan pulls something out of the hat in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sky sports say we are in talks with Njie. Did ye see Dos Santos scored for LA Galaxy last night, when did he move there?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Sky sports say we are in talks with Njie. Did ye see Dos Santos scored for LA Galaxy last night, when did he move there?!

Shortly after Gerrard.

• Advertisement

Sky sports say we are in talks with Njie.

Whoever said it is right, I can't stop thinking of Love/Hate when I read your man's name!

Whoever said it is right, I can't stop thinking of Love/Hate when I read your man's name!

Yea, i was tempted to write nidgey!. His goalscoring record looks pretty poor. Twitter has us linked with nidge, hernandez and berahino.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Yea, i was tempted to write nidgey!. His goalscoring record looks pretty poor. Twitter has us linked with nidge, hernandez and berahino.

If United really are sniffing around Kane, than there is no way we will be getting Hernandez unless we play ball with them IMO.

I'd like Hernandez but can't see it happening.

Nidgie and Berhaino more likely.

ITKs are suggesting Berhaino has completed part of his medical already.

Nidgie and Berhaino more likely.

ITKs are suggesting Berhaino has completed part of his medical already.

Would be happy with these two, at least both have (allegedly) pace! It does look like WBA are splashing money on a striker to go with Lambert so Berahino must be off somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

We'll see if its Berahino tonight.....
    Cant see him playing tonight and leaving on Wednesday!!!
    The £15m they are spending on Rondon is from us presumably!!

Hoping he's not in the squad, as i really like him...Reminds me of Defoe...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Patww79 wrote:

Ormus wrote:
    What good is £40m to us? Who would we buy, Benzema?

Think of all the Fraizer Campbell's Levy could buy with 40m

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Poor so far, great get rid of the rubbish and we signed a good centre half... But nothing new in midfield or up top is shocking.... Same garbage last minute running around ...

Sign berahino and Charlie Austin and give Harry a dig out

• Advertisement

berahino starts for WBA.

Advertisement