Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Just goes to show when it comes to transfer activity do not believe a word Poch or the club says, only last week he was still in his plans :D

He's hardly going to say he's rubbish and I want rid of him?

Then the awkward moment comes September 2nd when Soldado is still at the club and we haven't signed any more strikers.

Best to keep the morale about the players than say I don't need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I think he has to say that kind of thing in order to get a better deal when selling him. If he publicly said he didn't want him then Villarreal would be in a stronger bargaining position? That's my guess anyway!

Yes, that does make sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He probably was in in plans, as it didn't look like we were going to buy anyone. If he is leaving, that has to mean we are buying someone over the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Just goes to show when it comes to transfer activity do not believe a word Poch or the club says, only last week he was still in his plans :D

But that wasn't a lie.

As of last week, he was still in his plans. That didn't mean he wouldn't sell him if the right offer came along. It just meant he wasn't completely ostracized like Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    He's hardly going to say he's rubbish and I want rid of him?

Then the awkward moment comes September 2nd when Soldado is still at the club and we haven't signed any more strikers.

I think the above is currently unfolding with Adebayor! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/roberto-soldado-spotted-at-gatwick-tells-tottenham-fans-hes-going-to-villarreal-tweets/?

Roberto Soldado spotted at Gatwick; Tells Spurs fans he’s going to Villarreal

I'm surprised he didn't miss his flight :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen Njie play regularly last season? Is he more of an out-and-out striker or a winger/number 10? For the sort of money mentioned I would love to see Yarmolenko brought in.

Equium wrote: »
    I'm surprised he didn't miss his flight :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen Njie play regularly last season? Is he more of an out-and-out striker or a winger/number 10? For the sort of money mentioned I would love to see Yarmolenko brought in.

Russians/Ukrainians always fail in English football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ormus wrote: »
    But that wasn't a lie.

As of last week, he was still in his plans. That didn't mean he wouldn't sell him if the right offer came along. It just meant he wasn't completely ostracized like Adebayor.

Ah now in fairness, he was never in his plans as he did not travel to America or Germany if I remember correctly. I do totally understand why he said he was though.

Anyway best of luck to him, he endured a nightmare spell at the Lane and this is best for both parties.

Ah now in fairness, he was never in his plans as he did not travel to America or Germany if I remember correctly. I do totally understand why he said he was though.

Anyway best of luck to him, he endured a nightmare spell at the Lane and this is best for both parties.

He would have travelled, but he had an injury. Adebayor and Lennon were banished to train with the U21s. Soldado never was as far as I know.

Anyway, like you say, best of luck to him, he just never took off at the Lane, but his attitude was always spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

West Brom set to step-up chase for Tottenham Hotspur defender Federico Fazio

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-set-step-up-9849343?

• Advertisement

They can have him, as long as they sell us Berahino.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'd be surprised if berahino wasn't a done deal at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

I'd be surprised if berahino wasn't a done deal at this stage

Agree. Levy usually times these things so that the exit coincides with the entry!

Everyone is fit for Saturday's game.

TEAM NEWS - Mauricio: "I’m happy with Hugo & @pritch_93. Last week Danny Rose had a little injury, but this week all players are fit."

This is important for us, a problem for me but a good problem! It’s a shame I can only pick 18 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Everyone is fit for Saturday's game.

Awesome, I hear De Gea is still out for United so three points for us & Villa would even things as they should have been after last Saturdays game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Nidgie is done, he's posted messages on his Instagram saying thank you with a spurs hashtag

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

G'wan the Nidgie!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Love it, janet for physio with the towels

Me knees are at me!

London Evening Standard claims the Soldado move is in jeopardy because he's on £80k a week and Villarreal are unable to match that or the £10M transfer fee.

• Advertisement

Striker Shaquile Coulthirst joins Wigan on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Striker Shaquile Coulthirst joins Wigan on loan.

Good move for him. Will keep a close eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Nidge scores

irishmover wrote: »
    Good move for him. Will keep a close eye.

Was just about to say this!

He needs to sh*t or get off the pot, about time he lived up to his NexGen hype.

... and I thought he was going to be good for 12-15 goals for us this season.

Lamella posted a pic on instagram yesterday saying bye to Soldado, but it was taken down pretty quickly. Guess the squad have been told anyway, so we should see it soon enough.

http://i.imgur.com/A5GeQxG.png

Kiith wrote: »
    Lamella posted a pic on instagram yesterday saying bye to Soldado, but it was taken down pretty quickly. Guess the squad have been told anyway, so we should see it soon enough.

http://i.imgur.com/A5GeQxG.png

£10m and 80k wages would be a massive and risky investment for Villareal for a 30 year old who has been way off form for two full years. I'm worried this won't go through.

Soldado deal official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Soldado: "Back to La Liga! These two years have been difficult for me, but I wouldn’t change this experience for nothing in the world. I am sorry for not being able to meet the expectations that Tottenham had put on me. I felt at home from the first day. I can only give my many thanks to Tottenham for allowing me to represent the best club in England. Thanks for the elegance and treatment received from all the staff, from my teammates and the fans, they didn’t stop cheering and supporting me every second I was on the pitch. THANKS. My family and I take with me great friends and this huge personal experience. We will always be a Spur family. ‪#‎COYS‬"

• Advertisement

Soldado: "Back to La Liga! These two years have been difficult for me, but I wouldn’t change this experience for nothing in the world. I am sorry for not being able to meet the expectations that Tottenham had put on me. I felt at home from the first day. I can only give my many thanks to Tottenham for allowing me to represent the best club in England. Thanks for the elegance and treatment received from all the staff, from my teammates and the fans, they didn’t stop cheering and supporting me every second I was on the pitch. THANKS. My family and I take with me great friends and this huge personal experience. We will always be a Spur family. ‪#‎COYS‬"

He might not have always been classy in front of goal but he was always classy in every other regard.

Advertisement