Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

There's a Lyon tweet saying a "bigger club" has made an offer for N'Jie.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He'll have hopefully been a good role model for the young'uns, unlike that other ****er who's still hanging around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Aulas: 'N'Jie to #THFC is not a done deal. We have another offer from a bigger English club that has complciated things a bit

Looks like we've been ****ed over yet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Looks like we've been ****ed over yet again!

Let's wait and see. We have similar history with Lyon over the Lloris deal. But if this one falls apart then I'm blaming Levy (surprise surprise )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

From what I've read its a done deal and will be announced soon in regards to N'Jie. He's changed his Instagram profile to being a spurs player and has supposedly finished his medical. He looks decent alright with some serious pace in his locker but his track record isn't the most convincing, especially when the lad is on £130,000 a month. Fingers crossed that he does the business!

Patww79 wrote: »

Definitely not. Spurs are dying to get rid of this leech and I see it happening before the end of the window. Don't know if he'll be heading to Villa but rumour has it that West Ham are sniffing around. Reported that he doesn't want to leave London, so let them have him by all means.

I think Chicarito would be a good addition but wouldn't be overly excited over Berahino coming to us. One good season and all of a sudden he's 25+....pffft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    From what I've read its a done deal and will be announced soon in regards to N'Jie. He's changed his Instagram profile to being a spurs player and has supposedly finished his medical. He looks decent alright with some serious pace in his locker but his track record isn't the most convincing, especially when the lad is on £130,000 a month. Fingers crossed that he does the business!

Wasn't that Instagram shown to be fake?

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Wasn't that Instagram shown to be fake?

Seen the Metro reported that it was alright but never really read what they write. Could well be in fairness! I usually follow this blog for any transfer or team news

http://theboyhotspur.com/must-watch-footage-of-clinton-nije/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Definitely not. Spurs are dying to get rid of this leech and I see it happening before the end of the window. Don't know if he'll be heading to Villa but rumour has it that West Ham are sniffing around. Reported that he doesn't want to leave London, so let them have him by all means.

I think Chicarito would be a good addition but wouldn't be overly excited over Berahino coming to us. One good season and all of a sudden he's 25+....pffft

So no different to Kane, right?

irishmover wrote: »
    So no different to Kane, right?

True...but they are two completely different players. I'll hold my habds up high if he proves to be a big hit but I would rather spend 25+ on an established striker than someone that has had a good season. We've helped Kane progress to the player he is whereas spending silly money on Berahino is crazy in my eyes. Then again I could be proved completely wrong.

I like MoPo's approach in giving home grown talent a chance but when it comes to the striking options they are all crazy money. I think Hernanzez would fit perfectly into Poch's philosophy but I'm sure he is well sought after.

I like MoPo's approach in giving home grown talent a chance but when it comes to the striking options they are all crazy money. I think Hernanzez would fit perfectly into Poch's philosophy but I'm sure he is well sought after.

Isn't that a club philosophy though? Not just specific to Pochettino.

Isn't that a club philosophy though? Not just specific to Pochettino.

Its a bit of both really. With Poch not only do you see him actually giving the youngsters a chance but sticking with them, and they've completely excelled through this method. This wasn't always the approach with past managers.

Its a bit of both really. With Poch not only do you see him actually giving the youngsters a chance but sticking with them, and they've completely excelled through this method. This wasn't always the approach with past managers.

Not really. Poch is in at the right time. Our youth development has been in planning for the last 10 years or so. With the first quality graduates being the current crop. Pochettino is benefitting from this. He didn't develop these players, he's a small cog in a big wheel.

However reason I believe he was hired was of his ability to work with youngsters so he fits the new Tottenham philosophy.

The likes of Sherwood, Allen, Ramsey and a bunch of others still at the club deserve as much credit as Poch is receiving.

Maybe we'll see a home grown youngster in the striker mix this season?

Keep an eye out for Shayon Harrison. May not hit the first team next season but hearing big things from Ehiogu.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/25/shayon-harrison-scores-hat-trick-for-tottenham-under-21s-in-pre/

Not really. Poch is in at the right time. Our youth development has been in planning for the last 10 years or so. With the first quality graduates being the current crop. Pochettino is benefitting from this. He didn't develop these players, he's a small cog in a big wheel.

However reason I believe he was hired was of his ability to work with youngsters so he fits the new Tottenham philosophy.

The likes of Sherwood, Allen, Ramsey and a bunch of others still at the club deserve as much credit as Poch is receiving.

My comment is somewhat void in this case.

I agree with everything you said, and the names you've listed have to be commended on their roles in developing young players ar our club. And you are right in saying that Pochettino has been gifed these players but it is up to him to call them up to the senior squad and give them a chance.

All I hope for is for us to be able to hold onto them in time...we shall see

• Advertisement

My comment is somewhat void in this case.

I agree with everything you said, and the names you've listed have to be commended on their roles in developing young players ar our club. And you are right in saying that Pochettino has been gifed these players but it is up to him to call them up to the senior squad and give them a chance.

All I hope for is for us to be able to hold onto them in time...we shall see

Completely agree, in the end we've produced these players from our own accord, but the Senior manager has the final say in how they get to develop into the first team. Pochettino seems more capable of managing younger players than other managers. He's no wheeler dealer like Harry Redknapp and our club will be much better off for it.

Pochettino is a good fit for the club, but like with Bale and AVB claiming all the praise, our future Bale's will be developed due to the hard work of much more than 1 man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Apparently Arsenal have also made an offer for Njie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Probably trying to jack the £ up with some mysterious club or another, me'h either way.

Well FFS! Still hopeful it's all just paper gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Well FFS! Still hopeful it's all just paper gossip.

About 3 ITKS have come out and said it's B.S., that Nidgie is pretty much tied up and some formalities already done

Nidgie is official!

CMcOJk-WsAASNpg.jpg

• Advertisement

The only hindrance is the African Nations cup, it couldn't come at a worse time in the season. Has he been cleared of Juju?

We need another striker, Pochettino mentioned other offensive players could fill the void. That just won't do.

Advertisement