Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

if this is it for the attacking options we are fooked. We need another quality forward aswell as a DM with experience if we are to do anything of not this season. A davids type signing would be great, someone with a rake load of experience in the latter stages of their career to foster Bentaleb/Masons transition into what they could become would be great. Cambiasso would have been good, Di Rossi if he could be prized from roma or even Song would do this job...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

There's neither an abundance of creativeness nor pace, defence looks in good shape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Maybe 18 +Bonuses based on appearances, goals, trophies and a sell on clause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Should we accept a low offer like £15m and move on?

Ah c'mon. It's like playing with ten men when he's on the pitch. Any fee would do at this stage.

A season on loan might be the best for all parties considered. He might do okay elsewhere and then we might get 10M for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Anything close to ten million. I've seen enough of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Fully agree that its time for him to move on.

I'm not sure whether it's another case of 'the curse of Tottenham' or whether he's just not cut out for it.

I've a feeling its another Spurs ruined him that Lamela not being good enough. If I was him and Juventus came in I'd jump at the chance. Back to playing CL football with a very strong Juventus side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

baldini should be sacked - Lemela was one of a heap of shocking signings

or

maybe the man that hired baldini should step down in shame
    pity the man in question has no shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

baldini should be sacked - Lemela was one of a heap of shocking signings

or

maybe the man that hired baldini should step down in shame
    pity the man in question has no shame

Change the record, we know your views. Does every post of yours have be a Levy out one?

• Advertisement

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/15/arsenal-poised-to-hijack-tottenhams-clinton-njie-transfer-5344187/

I guess question is, why did they try hijack it? Because Wenger rates him? Just to make Spurs sweat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Change the record, we know your views. Does every post of yours have be a Levy out one?

why should we not discuss the reasons why things are going wrong ?

don't bury your head in the sand

the man calling the shots has failed us time and time again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Think I'll be giving this place a miss for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

why should we not discuss the reasons why things are going wrong ?

don't bury your head in the sand

the man calling the shots has failed us time and time again

By all means discuss it, but in the Levy thread, or the other thread you started. Not the transfer thread, or the Stoke thread. Every time I come on here your rattling on about the same thing in multiple threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

On the opening two fixtures this season, UTD away and Stoke at home, you are 1 better off than last season when you lost both games.

A season on loan might be the best for all parties considered. He might do okay elsewhere and then we might get 10M for him.

Agreed. A loan deal would be the smartest.

Ya never know, he could find the form that gave him a price tag of £30m. The loam system had worked well in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

There's talk of Zlatan going to Qatar soon, why not get in there and throw the kitchen sink at him now?? Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

golfball37 wrote: »
    There's talk of Zlatan going to Qatar soon, why not get in there and throw the kitchen sink at him now?? Stranger things have happened.

Even if we would pay the 10 million pounds a year in wages, and probably 15-20 million fee (out of contract in 2016), there's no way he would come to us ahead of Arsenal or Man United whom also need a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Very few stranger things have happened. We'd be laughed out of it.

There are a lotta reasons not to do this.

Maybe we should at least try. Then when he signs for someone else we might get a nice little thank you letter commending us on our efforts.

• Advertisement

Maybe we should at least try. Then when he signs for someone else we might get a nice little thank you letter commending us on our efforts.

We'll be talking about that letter for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ah jayus anytime he played against EPL he looked ordinary, I mean Dawson had him in his pocket,

Let's get a good hungry striker, not another mercenary

The Sunday Mirror reports that Tottenham have agreed personal terms with West Brom striker Saido Berahino - worth in the region of £100,000-a-week - with a £20 million deal set to be agreed with the Baggies?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't believe those wages, pulling those from their arse along with the rest of their story, but do believe he'll be spurs player.

Lots of sources suggesting Berahaino is a done deal, or at least will be done in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Sugarlumps wrote:
    The Sunday Mirror reports that Tottenham have agreed personal terms with West Brom striker Saido Berahino - worth in the region of £100,000-a-week - with a £20 million deal set to be agreed with the Baggies?

Surely there's no way levy is gonna pay that for Berahino and then pay him what the top earner earns for us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Surely there's no way levy is gonna pay that for Berahino and then pay him what the top earner earns for us?

It's just paper talk, wages seem truly inflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

The miss he had against Watford was shocking

• Advertisement

Would rather we went for Austin.

Advertisement