Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Definition of how unrealistic Football Manager is.

Lamela has 18 goals for me in the 14/15 season and its only January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

irishmover wrote: »
    Definition of how unrealistic Football Manager is.

Lamela has 18 goals for me in the 14/15 season and its only January.

He is such a good player in the game, its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

He is such a good player in the game, its ridiculous.

I've been playing him in an advanced role on the right hand side. MaybeI should give Poch a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Seeing how badly we were punished when we had nobody to hold the ball up up front when Kane went off over the weekend, I'd like to see us go and get Llorente. The formation we play, 4-2-3-1, depends on a number 9 holding the ball up and bringing the other players in to it - even if Llorente doesn't get us 20 goals a season, we need someone up there to relieve the pressure on the defence!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The only hindrance is the African Nations cup, it couldn't come at a worse time in the season. Has he been cleared of Juju.

Ah hear. Don't tell me he's f**king off to that in the new year too? Is it time for that already. Bentaleb will be gone too. Maybe Ade will piss off and not come back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

hearing those that think they know about these things are wetting themselves about illarramendi for 20m or there abouts, this said I reckon hes liverpool bound. Would be great for us all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fazio to west brom 5m

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Fazio to west brom 5m

Not sure how I feel about that.
    I think he could do a job for us in certain games. Like up against Costa and the like.

Gone after 1 season and probably less than 20 games which begs the question. Who bought him in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd have no problem with Fazio going, we're well covered there.

Really hope we don't sign Bolasie, he's a handful but not big on end product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Ormus wrote: »

Really hope we don't sign Bolasie, he's a handful but not big on end product.

Made for us!:D

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Made for us!:D

Ha, yeah he's like a big Townsend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Spotted this on the BBC site;

Saido Berahino: Tottenham bid rejected by West Brom

£15m, with Albion claiming they are, under no circumstances, selling Berahino. Nice work Mr. Levy, if this is the ace up your sleeve I think you're going to be found out.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Spotted this on the BBC site;

Saido Berahino: Tottenham bid rejected by West Brom

£15m, with Albion claiming they are, under no circumstances, selling Berahino. Nice work Mr. Levy, if this is the ace up your sleeve I think you're going to be found out.

Everyone is complaining we're not buying enough strikers, now you're giving out when we try to buy a striker?

Everyone is complaining we're not buying enough strikers, now you're giving out when we try to buy a striker?

Not at all, I'm complaining that Levy has only found out now that WBA have no intention of selling him. He could easily have bid this amount 2 - 3 weeks ago and been given the same information. This is about as emphatic as it gets and I can't imagine WBA letting him go now.

Not at all, I'm complaining that Levy has only found out now that WBA have no intention of selling him. He could easily have bid this amount 2 - 3 weeks ago and been given the same information. This is about as emphatic as it gets and I can't imagine WBA letting him go now.

I'm guessing you read the headline and not the actual quote?

What Jeremy Peace actually says is "selling him isn't on our agenda, but never say never".

Not quite as emphatic as it gets.

Well that's not really what he said;

"We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told Spurs chairman Daniel Levy," said Albion chairman Jeremy Peace. "I know we are living in an age where no club can say 'never' about the possibility of selling a player." He added: "However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda. "We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad."

Perhaps not 100% emphatic but realistically what he means is that if Spurs come in with silly money, there's a tiny, tiny chance they'd go for it. Silly money & Spurs do not go hand-in-hand (thankfully in this case as I don't think he's worth any more than that). Spurs are not Chelsea who can/will bid £20m for a player, and increase that to £25m then £30m when the other bids are turned down.

Again though, my issue isn't with attempting to buy the player, it's the logic behind doing it now with the season already in progress (and still 2 weeks until the window closes) when he could have had this exact same response and more contingency time had he done it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i would doubt that transfers are as simple as

"howdy jeremy, daniel here, listen 15m for the lad, response " no problem daniel il draw up the paperwork"

its a game of cat and mouse and will go on until the deal is complete, which it will be by end of window
    my only problem is i dont think he will be enough

Well that's not really what he said;

"We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told Spurs chairman Daniel Levy," said Albion chairman Jeremy Peace. "I know we are living in an age where no club can say 'never' about the possibility of selling a player." He added: "However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda. "We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad."

Perhaps not 100% emphatic but realistically what he means is that if Spurs come in with silly money, there's a tiny, tiny chance they'd go for it. Silly money & Spurs do not go hand-in-hand (thankfully in this case as I don't think he's worth any more than that). Spurs are not Chelsea who can/will bid £20m for a player, and increase that to £25m then £30m when the other bids are turned down.

Again though, my issue isn't with attempting to buy the player, it's the logic behind doing it now with the season already in progress (and still 2 weeks until the window closes) when he could have had this exact same response and more contingency time had he done it a few weeks ago.

I agree that it would've been better to have this all sorted by now, but surely you don't think he just shouldn't bother even trying to buy a striker now?

I'm guessing Spurs bid £15m. In an era where Ross McCormack is an 11m player, Bristol City have just had a 9m bid accepted for a Brentford striker, and Jordan Rhodes is being touted for 14m, I think Berahino should be at least 20m. Whether he turns out to be worth it is another question, but he's a proven scorer in the Premiership, and is young and English.

Spurs certainly won't go to 30m, but they may well go to 20, or even a bit more. If Berahino decides he wants to go, this will almost definitely happen before the deadline.

18m + add ons + Fazio for 5m.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    18m + add ons + Fazio for 5m.

I was saying £17m plus the above but why argue over a mil :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Patww79 wrote: »

Not if spurs value Fazio at 10m! Considering Kaboul went for 6m and he is a crock. 5m for Fazio is a sweetener!
    just saw spurs only paid 8mill for Fazio but you get the idea!

Sky sports are saying it was 20M sterling.

So much for it already been a done deal. I genuinely thought Levy was squirrelling away in the back ground and was just waiting to announce the deal after Soldado had left and N'jie was wrapped up.

Sounds like the process is only getting started. Risky business. He'll either end up with egg on his face, paying over the odds at the last minute or some sort of panic buy on the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

I agree that it would've been better to have this all sorted by now, but surely you don't think he just shouldn't bother even trying to buy a striker now?

I'm guessing Spurs bid £15m. In an era where Ross McCormack is an 11m player, Bristol City have just had a 9m bid accepted for a Brentford striker, and Jordan Rhodes is being touted for 14m, I think Berahino should be at least 20m. Whether he turns out to be worth it is another question, but he's a proven scorer in the Premiership, and is young and English.

Spurs certainly won't go to 30m, but they may well go to 20, or even a bit more. If Berahino decides he wants to go, this will almost definitely happen before the deadline.

I'm amazed that Charlie Austin is still at QPR. The figure being quoted for him is only £15m which seems very good value when compared to all of the above, including Berahino.

He had a great season last year, in a poor team. I think he would be a far less risky signing than Berahino and he's only 26 so should be in his prime. He also looks capable of playing up front on his own which would allow Kane to sit out the odd game.

Martin567 wrote: »
    I'm amazed that Charlie Austin is still at QPR. The figure being quoted for him is only £15m which seems very good value when compared to all of the above, including Berahino.

He had a great season last year, in a poor team. I think he would be a far less risky signing than Berahino and he's only 26 so should be in his prime. He also looks capable of playing up front on his own which would allow Kane to sit out the odd game.

I totally agree. Austin seems like a no brainer really, I thought about 8 clubs would have bid for him this summer. Strange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'd take Charlie Austin and Alex Song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Berahino is a younger palyer, he scored more goals last year and is a different type of player than Austin. He's worth 20million in todays market, just sign him and get on with it, so we can get ourselves a decent experienced cen midfielder

Advertisement