Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Thanks for replies guys. I hope to stick around. Unfortunately, English is not my first language so forgive me for my grammar mistakes. I understand we cannot offer champions league football and top notch wages for top players. However, if you look at Sevilla FC, they have won twice Europa League and maintained 5th position in the league at the same time and their most expensive purchase to date is £7 million signing of Steven N'Zonzi from Stoke. I think we need to learn from them how they find the hidden gem.

BTW I love Dublin Spur and his opinions in the correct thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Thanks for replies guys. I hope to stick around. Unfortunately, English is not my first language so forgive me for my grammar mistakes. I understand we cannot offer champions league football and top notch wages for top players. However, if you look at Sevilla FC, they have won twice Europa League and maintained 5th position in the league at the same time and their most expensive purchase to date is £7 million signing of Steven N'Zonzi from Stoke. I think we need to learn from them how they find the hidden gem.

It's already better than some on here!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

BTW I love Dublin Spur

We could have a forum romance. :):)

I though this was topical...

Cilla-Black-Blind-Date.jpg

Am I right that if Fazio leaves the oldest players will be Ade and Lennon? Setting a good example to the young lads of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Is it suprising that Lennon is not in the managers plans, he is a decent player. We will have lots of games with Eurosh1t and other cups, surely he could play a part. I don't think he is pr1ck like Ade? Why not include him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Have ever seen the 'swagger' on Lennon!! I'd say he's a right sulky little b****x! He has given us some great performances throughout his time, but every time I see him I want to lift him up and give him a kick up the hole! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Is it suprising that Lennon is not in the managers plans, he is a decent player. We will have lots of games with Eurosh1t and other cups, surely he could play a part. I don't think he is pr1ck like Ade? Why not include him?

Yeah I agree, he doesn't seem like a trouble maker, and he always tries on the pitch, but I guess Poch knows more than us.

mullaj00 wrote: »
    Have ever seen the 'swagger' on Lennon!! I'd say he's a right sulky little b****x! He has given us some great performances throughout his time, but every time I see him I want to lift him up and give him a kick up the hole! :eek:

Never noticed the swagger, or him sulking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    Never noticed the swagger, or him sulking.

Here's him sulking! :)

VTQ97bCNVF1YxmeBKMzYyOXcd679qYJa7fZscKfirR1GAX3rYBkqyH6LWbJJO2TskggSLcY48Dz-mojeKoDHE1WEnm_yY7sHlcSGfAtJDg=w454-h324-nc

Yeah but he went on to play out of his skin for Everton on his loan spell. Everton probably noticed the fantastic performance he put in against them at the Lane when given a chance.

• Advertisement

Yeah but he went on to play out of his skin for Everton on his loan spell. Everton probably noticed the fantastic performance he put in against them at the Lane when given a chance.

I like Lennon, but that picture is hilarious.

irishmover wrote: »
    Here's him sulking! :)

VTQ97bCNVF1YxmeBKMzYyOXcd679qYJa7fZscKfirR1GAX3rYBkqyH6LWbJJO2TskggSLcY48Dz-mojeKoDHE1WEnm_yY7sHlcSGfAtJDg=w454-h324-nc

Haha ah yeah but that's him sulking cos he had to leave Spurs, I wish they'd all be that sad about leaving us.

Ormus wrote: »
    Haha ah yeah but that's him sulking cos he had to leave Spurs, I wish they'd all be that sad about leaving us.

Yeh I've always liked Lennon. He's been probably one of the best budget signings we've had. £1m from Leeds and he's come up with some crucial goals and performances over the years.

It sucks he's practically been banished from the club and thrown into the same light as Adebayour.

Lennon thinks he's a ganstaaaa!! Seen him in the flesh, he thinks he's Ice-T. Anyway, back to transfers. Pritchard signs a new contract. Would like to see him get a bench/start tomorrow. Looks like Berahino wants out too. Would prefer Austin tbh.

Lennon thinks he's a ganstaaaa!! Seen him in the flesh, he thinks he's Ice-T. Anyway, back to transfers. Pritchard signs a new contract. Would like to see him get a bench/start tomorrow. Looks like Berahino wants out too. Would prefer Austin tbh.

Is Pritchard in the squad? He had an ankle injury. Didn't think he was back to full fitness yet.

Did anyone on here ever hear about the barney between Adebayor and Kane last season? Apparently Lennon and Kaboul sided with Ade, most of the others with Kane. Where is Kaboul now and what's happening with Ade and Lennon??
    :confused:

Kaboul is currently covering himself in glory at Sunderland!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fazio deal fell through apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Long time lurker and today I decided to share my feelings, because I'm very frustrated with our dealings so far. I have just noticed we have agreed £5 million fee with West Brom for Fazio. That is £3 millon loss plus wages in a year. I don't understand why we are buying deadwood every year and keep selling them at loss.

welcome along mate please make yourself at home :)

regarding fazio he was supposed to have been signed by poch but it reeks of a levy penny pinching deadwood waste of a transfer fee and salary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

davycc wrote:
    regarding fazio he was supposed to have been signed by poch but it reeks of a levy penny pinching deadwood waste of a transfer fee and salary

That's right. We were in for the other lad - his centre back partner. Can't recall his name but out of no where we ended up with Fazio instead. There was something not quite right about that transfer from day 1.

I know this was posted a few days ago but I had to post it again.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9955435/F365-Says

It's meant to be tongue in cheek but there's big chunks it that are very accurate....

9) In a moment of panic at the end of the window, sign three players in two days.
    I can't state this firmly enough: THESE MUST NOT BE THE PLAYERS THAT THE MANAGER REQUESTED.

Instead, they should play in the same position, but have a different style, be suited to a different system and preferably be of slightly lesser quality than the targets identified by the manager.

For example, if Mauricio Pochettino tells you he wants Morgan Schneiderlin and Mateo Musacchio, go out and buy Benjamin Stambouli and Federico Fazio. He'll never notice the difference anyway, it's not like he has already managed one of his targets and managed one of his previous sides against the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Did anyone on here ever hear about the barney between Adebayor and Kane last season? Apparently Lennon and Kaboul sided with Ade, most of the others with Kane. Where is Kaboul now and what's happening with Ade and Lennon??
    :confused:
    It's well known around here,Poch sorted them out:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Has anyone heard/seen any interviews with Poch about his plans for the Europa?

If the squad seems small now, it's going to seem even smaller when we start the Europa.

We really need to start making moves after todays shocking performance. We need to stop playing Dier in DM because he will start to firmly believe he can play there. We have some fairly glaringly obvious gaps in the squad and some of the 'old reliables' are starting to piss me off a tad (Walker, Verthongen and I would add Eriksen in there too)! Trippier and Alli looked good in pre-season, a lot of people don't like Rose but he way ahead of Davies in many areas, Mason and Lamela are just not cutting it.We needed a DM and 2 strikers before the game today, now we need 2 centre backs, 2 midfielders (1 defensive and a proper playmaker) and 2 - 3 strikers! The following NEED to be on the next teamsheet.......Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, AN Other/Dier, Rose, Chadli, AN Other, Dembele, Alli, N'Jie, Kane. Drop Vertongen, Eriksen, Walker, Davies and Lamela because they are simply not trying hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

What are people's thoughts on the rumours of Wanyama coming to us? I for one would welcome him. Strong, aggressive player that would fit perfectly into the the DM position.

DyldeBrill wrote:
    What are people's thoughts on the rumours of Wanyama coming to us? I for one would welcome him. Strong, aggressive player that would fit perfectly into the the DM position.

Wouldn't be crazy about it but given the situation we are in and the calibre of players we are able to attract it's about the best we can hope for I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

DyldeBrill wrote: »

We need a lot more than wanyama to compete mate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Kaboul is currently covering himself in glory at Sunderland!

the curse of kaboul continues ,thankfully not our problem anymore:o they conceded 7 goals in 2 games with him as their CB , today v swansea they dropped him 'injured' and they at least managed a draw thanks to a well taken defoe equaliser :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We need a lot more than wanyama to compete mate

Doesn't matter who we buy, a good manager has to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal.

We were clueless today, unorganized and sluggish.

No proper direction, painful to watch

It looked like and end of season game.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement