Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We need a lot more than wanyama to compete mate

of course we do....

but what's not to say that he'd be a good addition?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    of course we do....

but what's not to say that he'd be a good addition?

Yes he'd be a good addition, problem now is that everyone knows we're desperate so we'll get shafted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Didn't want to say it but this Pato rumour won't go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

davycc wrote: »
    the curse of kaboul continues ,thankfully not our problem anymore:o they conceded 7 goals in 2 games with him as their CB , today v swansea they dropped him 'injured' and they at least managed a draw thanks to a well taken defoe equaliser :pac:

Yup and their chairman came out and said that they hadn't invested their transfer money wisely. Whoever at Sunderland thought he was worth £3m was a bloody fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Wanyama, Berahino, Hernandez. They are only 'okay' players that strike me as being in the same ilk as the likes of Palacios, that is, gives one great season and then have to be moved on at a massive loss or become deadweights. We need to concentrate on getting a workhorse in, a playmaker in the sort of frame as Carrick, Modric, Bale, etc. Dembele gives us this in some form but sometimes gets lost in games. We need to stop the excuse of having to get rid of Adebayor before we can do any more business. Just write the b****x of as a bad debt and move on or have one lawyer work on sacking him and just ignore the situation. We need quality that I'm just not sure is available out there. Remember, we are around £10 in the BLACK from transfers so far this window, plus a fair old chunk of a wage bill of the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Vertongen needs a short, sharp kick in the nuts. This talk of him joining Real Madrid/Barcelona last season has made him think he is a better player than what he is. We made a big mistake selling Caulker in my opinion. He could have grown under us but I think the Verts/Kaboul influence there showed him he had to get out. Drop Vertongen and put Trippier, Alderweireld, Dier and Rose in the back 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

No Berahino in West Brom squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Soldado scores on his debut.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Soldado scores on his debut.

Delighted for him to be honest. Hope he gets his form back.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Delighted for him to be honest. Hope he gets his form back.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I think Berhanio(Sp??) is United bound. They need a striker as well and, I believe West Brom is also playing waiting game on this. Either they will get extra cash from them or we will get shafted for £25 millon, because we are desperate. We definitely need at least three very good signings. Play maker, right-footed winger and WF/striker. I hope we don't pick cheap scraps this time.

Also, it looks like we missed on very good signings this summer. We should have at lease signed one of Andrew Ayew, Payet, Shaqiri and Konoplyanka(sp) this summer. I don't know what our board is smoking at this time.

on Soldado - I think our slow, boring and turgid style never suited him and ****ty inverted wingers were not doing any good for him. I wish him all the best. Never moaned about anything. I hope he scores a handful goals against Real Madrid. Just for Lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

ITK's are suggesting that Berahino is done. One says "98% done" - as much as Willian was. The other says Poch will be unveiling Berahino at the Everton game.

We'll see...

So-called ITKs know feck all in my opinion. I believe they are spoofers. They get one or two things right by stating the above opinion(s). Even you can say it's 99% done, but we havn't agreed the fee with West Brom so deal is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ITK's are suggesting that Berahino is done. One says "98% done" - as much as Willian was. The other says Poch will be unveiling Berahino at the Everton game.

We'll see...

The same ITKs who said the same thing 3 weeks ago and then it turns out we only made our opening bid for Berahino last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Probably the same lads who said Damiao was done, every transfer window.

Throw enough **** at a wall eventually something will stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Still alive? spotted at Stanstead with Huntelaar, in a taxi to the lane as we speak !

Some guff about Bolasie doing the rounds.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Some guff about Bolasie doing the rounds.

An alarming amount of guff.

Do we know what happened to our delegation team in Germany about signing Timo Werner, Karamar and one of the bender brothers? I think it was reported in Telegraph a few weeks ago.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Do we know what happened to our delegation team in Germany about signing Timo Werner, Karamar and one of the bender brothers? I think it was reported in Telegraph a few weeks ago.

Do we know if some delegation was actually deployed?

Do we know if some delegation was actually deployed?

I'm not sure if it actually happened or not. I read it in the telegraph. They are normally reliable with Spurs news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

09_09_09 wrote:

... last I heard they were stuck on an infinite loop on the German autobahn near Cologne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

mushykeogh wrote: »
    An alarming amount of guff.

gathering momentum now too, talk of 20 million, sweet jayus i hope not

talk of saido handing in a request too

none of the above signings are getting me excited

gathering momentum now too, talk of 20 million, sweet jayus i hope not

talk of saido handing in a request too

none of the above signings are getting me excited

According to the Croydon Advertiser we are eh!

We're gonna pay over the odds and rightly so for leaving it so late, no club wants to sell at this stage.

Palace paid 350 grand for Bolaise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

09_09_09 wrote: »
    So-called ITKs know feck all in my opinion. I believe they are spoofers. They get one or two things right by stating the above opinion(s). Even you can say it's 99% done, but we havn't agreed the fee with West Brom so deal is dead.
    The same ITKs who said the same thing 3 weeks ago and then it turns out we only made our opening bid for Berahino last week.

Don't worry, I take them with a wheel-barrow of salt.

Though this is a gossip thread and ITK is gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

thank god, BBC report we have no interest in Bolaise

also that berahino will submit a transfer request

• Advertisement

Berahino transfer request rejected. Only a matter of time now.

Advertisement