Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Berahino transfer request rejected. Only a matter of time now.

Why is it so difficult for us to get deals done? is there any other club that has so many drawn out, public deals go on until the last week of the window?

Because Levy agonises over every penny spent. It's called penny pinching.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

BERAHINO: FULL STORY

A transfer saga has taken another twist then as West Bromwich Albion have confirmed they have rejected a written transfer request from Saido Berahino, who is on the radar of Tottenham.

"West Bromwich Albion have received a written transfer request from Saido Berahino," a club statement read.

"The request has been rejected and the club's position remains unchanged from that outlined in the statement from Chairman Jeremy Peace of August 18."

It looks like we have to pay £20 million plus add-ons (around £25 million) to sign him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bit mad that wba would reject the chance to get all the money for saido, but fair play to them for sticking to their guns, I admire that.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

When I look at Bolasie I can't help think he reminds me of Timothee Atouba for some bizarre reason! Anybody remember that guy??!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bit mad that wba would reject the chance to get all the money for saido, but fair play to them for sticking to their guns, I admire that.

... didn't they sign some guy (replacement) already. I think they'll sell in the end they just want to maximise the price.

... worst case scenario is a sale in January to us or some other struggling team

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, but they've rejected his request, which means any subsequent deal will require a contract cancelling fee to be paid to berihino by wba, but then maybe his wages are low enough that that's not really a factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Lamela to Inter for 6m on loan with an option of 14m to buy. Levy really is getting as much money in as possible this window, whilst still continuing his tradition of not buying the players the manager wants and trying to skimp on the players he gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Lamela to Inter for 6m on loan with an option of 14m to buy. Levy really is getting as much money in as possible this window, whilst still continuing his tradition of not buying the players the manager wants and trying to skimp on the players he gets in.

Being widely reported now. A case of what might have been..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

irishmover wrote: »
    Being widely reported now. A case of what might have been..

just another few bob in the positive side of the balance sheet for levy and enic. Remembering our net spend over the past 3 seasons is -12million this summer so far, -1.25million last summer and a whopping -16.5million the summer bale left. again its a sign that ENIC and levy have given up on the footballing side of the club and are treating it as any other business interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't know what spurs fans want tbh. 5/6th is about your level. The top 5 teams are ahead if you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I don't know what spurs fans want tbh. 5/6th is about your level. The top 5 teams are ahead if you.

Its pretty obvious what the fans want. There shouldn't be 5 teams ahead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Don't get the Bolasie hate at all. More ability than anyone currently on our books, with good coaching you are talking potentially a world beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

golfball37 wrote: »
    , with good coaching you are talking potentially a world beater.

We don't appear to be able to do "good coaching" at spurs. If we did, Townsend would know how to look up and find a pass instead of blazing away wildly at every opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

mushykeogh wrote: »
    We don't appear to be able to do "good coaching" at spurs. If we did, Townsend would know how to look up and find a pass instead of blazing away wildly at every opportunity.

That's most likely Townsend himself, we should have shipped him off long ago before he was found out as a one trick pony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

I think it looks like Wanyama and Berahino will sign for us this window with maybe Fazio going to West brom.
    Hopefully maybe another striker aswell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The only people who said he was the new Bale was the rags in England.
    The only person who believed he was the new Bale, was Townsend.

That's part of the reason why he went so ****.

Townsend is an awful footballer - Brainless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

ESPN understand Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie is not a transfer target for Tottenham Hotspur.

• Advertisement

Townsend is an awful footballer - Brainless

He has been damn impressive for the national side. Which raises the possibility our coaching staff aren't getting the best out of him.

He has been damn impressive for the national side. Which raises the possibility our coaching staff aren't getting the best out of him.

yep done well for England but they don't have any tricky games in the qualifiers in fairness.

I really hope Villa or Southampton come back in for him - it would be good to get decent money for him before the world figures out how useless he is.

He never looks up before he passes it and he takes around 5 or 6 shots from ridiculous angles and distances every game he plays when there are teammates in much better positions to pass to.

I would love him to prove me wrong but I've seen enough already. I hope he fcuks off soon and takes that muppet wage thief Eric Lemela with him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

News circulating today that Inter are interested in signing Lamela. If this is true then I am absolutely delighted!

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    News circulating today that Inter are interested in signing Lamela. If this is true then I am absolutely delighted!

me too

I never thought I'd ever see the day when we would make a worse signing than David Bentely but Eric Lamela is a lot lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

DyldeBrill wrote: »

Let me check if there petrol in the van, im dropping him there myself:D

£22mil bid rejected by WBA according to the telegraph

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

£22mil bid rejected by WBA according to the telegraph

Breaking on Sky Sports too..

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I think we need to move on to the other targets if there is any. I mentioned £25 millions including add-ons, but it looks like they are going to pull down our pants big time (£25 millions plus add-ons). levy is getting lev'd this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

This is how almost every single transfer happens. It's a process.

Advertisement