Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

If you get Berahino, does that mean Kane could be available? I'd love nothing more than a Utd panic buy and spending 50m on him.

Kane won't want to go a **** club on it's way down but spending all around it to try and stop the rot.

Kane won't want to go a **** club on it's way down but spending all around it to try and stop the rot.

No offence, but they are on a different level to Spurs at the moment, even if their chequebook is the only thing keeping them afloat in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

£22mil bid rejected by WBA according to the telegraph

dont think its 22 million bid yet, second bid alright but lower than that

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

If you get Berahino, does that mean Kane could be available? I'd love nothing more than a Utd panic buy and spending 50m on him.

I doubt Kane is available unless someone throws Bale type money at Levy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Hammar wrote: »
    I doubt Kane is available unless someone throws Bale type money at Levy.

I presumed he wasn't serious. Berahino is being signed because of the lack of strikers at the club.

Ormus wrote: »
    I presumed he wasn't serious. Berahino is being signed because of the lack of strikers at the club.

It really wouldn't really make much sense to sell a forward when we are badly crying out for another one. I suppose he was just asking the question from a rivalry anti-united point of view.
    On another note I wonder will Poch actually change his 4-2-3-1 system to try and fit both Kane and Berahino into the team.

It really wouldn't really make much sense to sell a forward when we are badly crying out for another one. I suppose he was just asking the question from a rivalry anti-united point of view.
    On another note I wonder will Poch actually change his 4-2-3-1 system to try and fit both Kane and Berahino into the team.

I am serious, but yeah I am hoping United throw stupid money at him because they're badly in need of a striker and there's not much available for less than 50m, and Kane at 50m+ would be hilarious to watch.

Well we haven't signed him yet, but no, I don't think he's gonna play 4-4-2 to accommodate him.

Formations are fairly notional anyway, but I can see Berahino and Clinton playing in the 3 either side of Eriksen. You could call that 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

I am serious, but yeah I am hoping United throw stupid money at him because they're badly in need of a striker and there's not much available for less than 50m, and Kane at 50m+ would be hilarious to watch.

Ok well if you're serious, no, he won't be available, and it's fairly crazy that you thought he might be.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say Harry Kane is worth 50 Million,but going on what he done last year,with such little creativity at times from the Spurs midfield outside Eriksson and maybe Chadli whom both went missing for large parts of the season also, you would think he would do some serious damage with Mata,Herrera,Schweinsteiger,Rooney and Depay alongside him.

Although Van Gaal would probably manage to make a mess of that also.
    Anyway it's not likely to happen in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Ok well if you're serious, no, he won't be available, and it's fairly crazy that you thought he might be.

In this market, anyone's available at the right price, and United seem to have no problem dishing out money on high-priced players.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

What use is 50 million to Tottenham?, we seem to be the experts at wasting money, better to have Kane on our team than go looking for a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

There isn't a hope in hell that Kane will be leaving, not even for 50m+. What do spurs have to gain from this? We're trying to add to our strike force not completely rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jose Lamela: "We are in talks with Inter Milan and are waiting for new information. Erik would like to return to Italy."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Jose Lamela: "We are in talks with Inter Milan and are waiting for new information. Erik would like to return to Italy."

We all would like Erik to return to Italy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

I would rather a hole that someone could fill than a donkey! He reminds me of the leper in The Life Of Brian! He is obviously a fantastic talent and has unbelievable skill, but boy does he look out of his box when on the field with us!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Tell WBA to fook off and lets go elsewhere. We could get Hernandez AND Austin for this type of transfer money!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/the_rumours_are_true_tottenham_s_25m_man_wants_white_hart_lane_exit_1_4208878

I'd say this is nailed on.

I'd expect this to be among the busiest deadline weeks in years for us. The last few deadline days have been very very quiet for us as despite popular belief we have actually been getting a lot of our transfers done early in windows. This time round could see some action incoming and outgoing.

Daily Mail claim Everton have made a £5M bid for Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Federico Fazio.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Daily Mail claim Everton have made a £5M bid for Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Federico Fazio.

Hardly back in for McCarthy?

There has been seven outgoing thus far.

If Lamela, Fazio and Ade go, that makes it 10.

Won't even bother linking the daily fail but if they're to be believed Illarramendi is heading back to Sociedad.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9966398/tottenhams-deandre-yedlin-poised-to-make-loan-move?

Tottenham's DeAndre Yedlin poised to make loan move.

I'd be happy if he gained premiership experience, flogging him back to the States is pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

BERAHINO LATEST

Tottenham have reservations about making a third bid for West Brom's Saido Berahino, according to Sky sources.

We understand Mauricio Pochettino is now considering other options as he looks to strengthen his strike force.

Spurs have already had two bids rejected for the forward - the most recent bid being for £22m.

I hope we go back for A. Martial from Monaco for similar price or Fekir from Lyon.

Advertisement