Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I think we're leaking this story to the media to put pressure on West Brom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No idea who he is, but some pace would be nice. We must be one of the slowest teams at the moment, at least from the middle of the park and forward.

On me 'ead Son!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »

I remember we were linked to him when he played for Hamburg, he was seen as a replacement for Bale. I was a little disappointed to see him go to Leverkusen.

However, £22m is was too much. £10 - 15m more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I remember we were linked to him when he played for Hamburg, he was seen as a replacement for Bale. I was a little disappointed to see him go to Leverkusen.

However, £22m is was too much. £10 - 15m more realistic.

Is he any good? So he's more a winger than a forward?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Is he any good? So he's more a winger than a forward?

Yeah, he would be playing either side of the striker in a 4-3-3. Assuming Poch wants to inject a bit of pace around Kane by bringing in N'Jie and Son/Berahino.

From what I remember Son was pacey, good passer and hard working. He's as fast as Bale and similarly direct, very different to Lamela.

Hopefully it's Lamela out and this guy in. It'll make for a far more entertaining display.

Yeah, he would be playing either side of the striker in a 4-3-3. Assuming Poch wants to inject a bit of pace around Kane by bringing in N'Jie and Son/Berahino.

From what I remember Son was pacey, good passer and hard working. He's as fast as Bale and similarly direct, very different to Lamela.

Hopefully it's Lamela out and this guy in. It'll make for a far more entertaining display.

I've seen him playing in the CL, just highlights though. Is this what our representatives were doing in Germany?

Rumor is gathering steam, Mail have us making an 18 mill bid?

Gutted to hear this - http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-08-26/liverpool-and-spurs-target-joins-real-sociedad/?

Would have loved Illiramendi in the centre pulling strings, just the player we needed.

A lot of reports of Son having his medical today. It's a lot of money, but to be honest, i don't care. We need signings. If expensive ones are the only ones we can get, then puker up and pay the money Levy. No one but yourself to blame for the state we're in during this current window.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    A lot of reports of Son having his medical today. It's a lot of money, but to be honest, i don't care. We need signings. If expensive ones are the only ones we can get, then puker up and pay the money Levy. No one but yourself to blame for the state we're in during this current window.

Plenty of money burning in his pocket, we've sold seven players. Eight counting Fredricks.

Some Leverkusen fans saying he's very good, but very inconsistent. Great pace, great finishing, but bad decision making and player beating skills. And €30 is more than he's worth from what they say.

Obviously, that's a very small number of people for the team he may be leaving, so take it as you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Some Leverkusen fans saying he's very good, but very inconsistent. Great pace, great finishing, but bad decision making and player beating skills. And €30 is more than he's worth from what they say.

Obviously, that's a very small number of people for the team he may be leaving, so take it as you will.

So he is a mixture of Townsend, Lamela & Lennon. If he can contribute 10 - 15 goals in the league then he is a great option for us. Hopefully, we will play the system which suits the skill set of our players.

Son, Berahino and Wanyama all left out of squads.

What's the chances I can turn off the internet until Tuesday and then just see who's standing holding a Spurs jersey at the end of it all.

Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Völler has confirmed Heung-Min Son is in London ahead of joining Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Son, Berahino and Wanyama. That would be a good finish to the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I did see him play in the flesh earlier this year against Australia. Came on the second half and ripped them apart.

Every time he got the ball he looked seriously dangerous. South Koreas best player anyway.

Bit expensive, also went to bed thinking this wasn't serious. Woke up to see it everywhere and him having a medical..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

slegs wrote: »

If we got all 3 then I'd be really happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

slegs wrote: »

Would almost wrap up sixth place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

No idea who he is, but some pace would be nice. We must be one of the slowest teams at the moment, at least from the middle of the park and forward.

If he's pacy that'll do for me! A bad fast fella is better than a bad slow fella :D

No idea who this guy is. Looks like a desperation buy to me. You'd think they'd have learnt their lesson with Lamela....Gawd help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

139 hours to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the cynic in me thinks that this is another commercial signing, given that he's LG's poster-boy in Korea and his image in a spurs shirt shall be beamed all over Asia, a market that will further line the pockets of Lewis/Levy/Enic ... and the the realist in me agrees with the cynic. Lets just hope that hes enteraining on the pitch.

the cynic in me thinks that this is another commercial signing, given that he's LG's poster-boy in Korea and his image in a spurs shirt shall be beamed all over Asia, a market that will further line the pockets of Lewis/Levy/Enic ... and the the realist in me agrees with the cynic. Lets just hope that hes enteraining on the pitch.

As I said he looked pretty impressive when I saw him in the flesh. Every attack was through him in the second half.

Different kettle of fish playing for SK against AU but still.

Cost about £7m more than he's worth I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

That's been the standard comment on every Asian signing for the last 20 years, but this guy has performed well in the Bundesliga, Champions League and World Cup, and he's only just gone 23.

On paper, he seems like a great signing. I just hope we plan on using him as a winger, and are still in the market for another striker.

On paper, he seems like a great signing. I just hope we plan on using him as a winger, and are still in the market for another striker.

Not that I know too much about him but in that game he played in a free role. Not an out and out striker/poacher or a winger. More creates the attack and is the catalyst. So what Eriksen and Dembele are meant to do. I personally think he'd be wasted as a winger.

My girlfriend just said that she remembers me walking out of the stadium with all I could talk about was him and that I wished we'd sign him. Don't remember saying that but guess my wish is coming true..

I just want someone who's quick and can cross the bloody ball....is that so much to ask for? :(

Either way, we need some signings, so i'd be happy enough with this regardless of where he plays.

• Advertisement

I just want someone who's quick and can cross the bloody ball....is that so much to ask for? :(

Either way, we need some signings, so i'd be happy enough with this regardless of where he plays.

Well he was fast, if that helps. Just don't remember seeing him on the wing. But it was one game. He did score in the final against Australia too.

Advertisement