Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Every Second day im leaning towards different signings...

Today id love us to get Wanyama and Berahino.

Tomorrow it'll probably be Llorenthe and Bender..

We'll end up with Tchzicove and MacMurphy!!

Id LOVE ITTTTT if we'd sign Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

:eek:Zlatan Ibrahimovic?????????????????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

mullaj00 wrote: »
    :eek:Zlatan Ibrahimovic?????????????????:eek:

We can't afford his wages. He is a new Diamio(sp??) to be linked with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/9967012/west-brom-striker-saido-berahino-unfollows-own-club-on-twitter

Might not seem like a big deal but I can guarantee he's being a mopey little ****. Feel for West Brom. We've been through this enough over the years and if he does sign for us and fullfil his potential in the future I'm sure he'll do the same thing.

Write up on Son..

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015/08/27/comment-son-heung-min-can-take-the-pressure-off-kane/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

139 hours to go...

Just under 127 hours to go ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    I just want someone who's quick and can cross the bloody ball....is that so much to ask for? :(

Either way, we need some signings, so i'd be happy enough with this regardless of where he plays.

It's not so much about getting someone who can cross the ball.

I presume we won't be changing to a 4-4-2, so we still won't be aiming to get to the byeline and cross it. That'll be left to our full backs if anything.

It'll be nice to add some pace to the team anyway, with Clinton and Son.

the cynic in me thinks that this is another commercial signing, given that he's LG's poster-boy in Korea and his image in a spurs shirt shall be beamed all over Asia, a market that will further line the pockets of Lewis/Levy/Enic ... and the the realist in me agrees with the cynic. Lets just hope that hes enteraining on the pitch.

We'd never do a thing like that would we?

*cough* Yedlin *cough*

*cough* Khumalo *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

the bit I love is no one seen this coming, the ITK or the press,

get in, get the job done and get out

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

the bit I love is no one seen this coming, the ITK or the press,

get in, get the job done and get out

i did. Predicted it on Twitter. #justsayin;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

lads, we are looking at another few years of this B.S by levy in the transfer window. As ive said numerous times he has given up on the football at the club. As long as we are profitable (in the prem) hes doing a brilliant job for Lewis. et al. Things may change when he needs to fill the stadium when its built and he may get one or two big names to attract the numbers to sell the idea that we have a full stadium etc... but as the previous dealings with managers requests for players his 'arseing' around has led to our demise, and this is continuing to this day. we are in for a desperate time ahead and the football is going to be brutal, but sure hey at least were the most profitable business in the league.
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

lads, we are looking at another few years of this B.S by levy in the transfer window. As ive said numerous times he has given up on the football at the club. As long as we are profitable (in the prem) hes doing a brilliant job for Lewis. et al. Things may change when he needs to fill the stadium when its built and he may get one or two big names to attract the numbers to sell the idea that we have a full stadium etc... but as the previous dealings with managers requests for players his 'arseing' around has led to our demise, and this is continuing to this day. we are in for a desperate time ahead and the football is going to be brutal, but sure hey at least were the most profitable business in the league.
    COYS

Yupp, this is what most of us agree on. We are going nowhere on the pitch under this ownership. We will have to grin and bear it until they sell up for massive profit.

139 hours to go...

Just under 127 hours to go ...

115 hours... still plenty of time. C'mon Levy ... just spend the dosh you got from the sale of Soldado, Capoue, Stambolui etc. That's hardly unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yupp, this is what most of us agree on. We are going nowhere on the pitch under this ownership. We will have to grin and bear it until they sell up for massive profit.

Agree mate.... On the other side of the coin, who's to say it would be any better under a new owner... No pleasing us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

You will all be eating humble pie when Levy signs Wanyama,Son and Berahino next Tuesday at the eleventh hour.:cool:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agree mate.... On the other side of the coin, who's to say it would be any better under a new owner... No pleasing us

So what you're saying is pretty much no matter what happens there'll always be something to bitch and moan about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I respect West Brom for the the way they've handled things and fair play to them if they manage to hold onto one of their key assets. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have mind Berahino, but it would show their supporters that the are not a selling club....unlike us. Then again money talks so only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    I respect West Brom for the the way they've handled things and fair play to them if they manage to hold onto one of their key assets. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have mind Berahino, but it would show their supporters that the are not a selling club....unlike us. Then again money talks so only time will tell.

Every club is a selling club, except Bayern, Barca and Real.

West Brom were right to be as stubborn as possible, but ultimately if Spurs keep up their interest and Berahino still wants to leave, West Brom will cash in rather than be stuck with a sulking player who is going through the motions til his contract runs down and he leaves on a free.

Ormus wrote: »

West Brom were right to be as stubborn as possible, but ultimately if Spurs keep up their interest and Berahino still wants to leave, West Brom will cash in rather than be stuck with a sulking player who is going through the motions til his contract runs down and he leaves on a free.

Have to agree they're just doing a Levy and getting the best deal possible at the expense of an unhappy player. But no player should be allowed hold a club to ransom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Ormus wrote: »

Let me phrase it this way. Yes every club is a selling club but when it comes to prime assets and key players, Spurs have always let them go far too easy. I don't believe that there was any real intent to hold onto them for footballing reasons but instead, letting them go to boost finances. Thats just the spurs way. We always favour the cash over the player in the end.

If Berahino remains a West Brom player by the end of this window then I have the utmost respect for West Brom for sticking to their guns.

I agree that a player shouldn't stay at a club if he doesn't want to be there but this is the ridiculous world of football in today's age. They sign a contract, yet they piss and moan when they have to honour it.

The difference between us and the big clubs is that they hold on to their core players and we don't. We sell, and thats why we're not going to be a top 4 team anytime soon.

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Let me phrase it this way. Yes every club is a selling club but when it comes to prime assets and key players, Spurs have always let them go far too easy. I don't believe that there was any real intent to hold onto them for footballing reasons but instead, letting them go to boost finances. Thats just the spurs way. We always favour the cash over the player in the end.

If Berahino remains a West Brom player by the end of this window then I have the utmost respect for West Brom for sticking to their guns.

I agree that a player shouldn't stay at a club if he doesn't want to be there but this is the ridiculous world of football in today's age. They sign a contract, yet they piss and moan when they have to honour it.

The difference between us and the big clubs is that they hold on to their core players and we don't. We sell, and thats why we're not going to be a top 4 team anytime soon.

What? Please explain how we let our best players go too easy.

Also explain how firstly that's the only difference with us and the big teams and secondly why you think they don't sell and or aren't in the position where they have to sell? Take a good hard look at Chelsea, Man City and Man United before coming back with an answer.

tippspur wrote:
    You will all be eating humble pie when Levy signs Wanyama,Son and Berahino next Tuesday at the eleventh hour.

Not sure if that's a joking comment or not.

But nobody will be eating humble pie if we sign 3 players who everyman and his dog knows we need and should have signed 6 weeks ago.

3 more players is the absolute minimum we should be buying and in my opinion the calibre of those 3 players is nothing to get excited about. They are hardly the next schweinstiener, sterling or deByrune FFS.

Of course, we might well sign all 3 and Levy will have fooled the fans into thinking he's some sort of hero at the end of it all (again)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15122/9967961/heung-min-son-to-tottenham-what-you-need-to-know
    Indeed, Son has proved to be a remarkably consistent goalscorer throughout his time in Germany and that's reflected by the fact that he is one of only four players to score 10 or more Bundesliga goals in each of the past three seasons. The other men in that distinguished group are Robert Lewandowski, Thomas Muller and Max Kruse, so the Korean is in good company.
    but a more potentially significant concern for Spurs fans could be his looming military service. Koreans are obliged to serve a two-year conscription by the age of 28 and the law only exempts athletes who win a medal at an Olympics event or finish first in competition at the Asian Games. Son is yet to achieve either.

First quote can mean anything, he could either continue on that form or he could be ****. Nothing to get excited about. He played well in Germany but doesn't mean he'd be capable of performing for us.

Now the second quote... That is a hilarious worry.

Yes. Apparently there is no guarantee that he will get a waiver and be excused but there's a good chance he will only have to do a basic 4 week enlistment which can be done in the close season.

Yes. Apparently there is no guarantee that he will get a waiver and be excused but there's a good chance he will only have to do a basic 4 week enlistment which can be done in the close season.

From what I've read I'd probably say its 50/50 whether he'd be getting the basic training and not the full 2 years. But with him being the poster boy of SK football there is that 50% chance they'll overturn the law and exempt him from the 2 years.

I probably wouldn't be surprised either way. Exempting him could open a can of worms for all sorts of Koreans so they'll be treading carefully with this one I'm sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's only 23, so there's plenty of time...

1. for us to buy him, he turns really good, and we sell him on at a massive profit and he does his military service later.
    2. for him to be a massive failure, we sell him at a huge loss, and he does his military service later.

With Spurs, you never know :P

He's only 23, so there's plenty of time...

1. for us to buy him, he turns really good, and we sell him on at a massive profit and he does his military service later.
    2. for him to be a massive failure, we sell him at a huge loss, and he does his military service later.

With Spurs, you never know :P

Why would anyone buy him knowing he'll have to go back to Korea for 2 years?

Also just seen Llorente joined Sevilla.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

irishmover wrote: »
    Why would anyone buy him knowing he'll have to go back to Korea for 2 years?

There's still no guarantee that he'll have to do it, and will probably get the 4 week basic training. Yeah, it's a risk, but not one we'll likely have to worry about.

• Advertisement

There's still no guarantee that he'll have to do it, and will probably get the 4 week basic training. Yeah, it's a risk, but not one we'll likely have to worry about.

Alright well let me rephrase.. Why would anyone pay more than what we're paying him in 2-3 years time for a guy who may or may not disappear for 2 years.

He'll be fine playing for us, may even be a good player. I'm just saying that I doubt his stock would rise if he has to drop tools for 2 years when he's 28.

Advertisement