Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Patww79 wrote: »
    If he adds to the team and scores goals (if he even joins and there's not a Chelsea taxi waiting at the airport) then we can worry about resale and military service later.

You had to mention the war..

Also yeh I agree, worry about resale when the time comes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hopefully if he does join us, he'll do his 4 week basic training during off season over the next year or two, so no one (us or a potential buyer) will have to worry about it. I agree though, it's a risk for anyone as he gets older, as there's a chance he'd have to do the 2 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

This money for Berahino £25m...Is it really that huge a sum nowadays?
    Gone are the days when a £15m player was a world class star...Sure even N'jie most likely wont start against Everton and there are so many £10m - £20M players that that go straight into their teams, or at least a regular place like the old days.

I personally hope we get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote:
    I probably wouldn't be surprised either way. Exempting him could open a can of worms for all sorts of Koreans so they'll be treading carefully with this one I'm sure.

I can see it now. He signs, he's a rip roaring success and scores 35 league goals and just as we are about to clinch the double, North Korea start bombing the south and he gets enlisted and our season falls apart. That the kinda crazy that could only happen to us.

• Advertisement

This money for Berahino £25m...Is it really that huge a sum nowadays?
    Gone are the days when a £15m player was a world class star...Sure even N'jie most likely wont start against Everton and there are so many £10m - £20M players that that go straight into their teams, or at least a regular place like the old days.

I personally hope we get him.

£25m for us is a big deal. He'll be among our most expensive purchases ever. Not many clubs spend that much on players, us included.

irishmover wrote:
    Also just seen Llorente joined Sevilla.

On a free?

On a free?

Yeh.. I doubt we ever stood a chance of signing him though. I'm sure he wanted to move back home.

http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2015/llorente-completes-move-to-sevilla-.php

139 hours to go...

Just under 127 hours to go ...

115 hours... still plenty of time.

105 hours left!!!

Won't be long until we are <100

BTW, is this getting annoying yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Let me phrase it this way. Yes every club is a selling club but when it comes to prime assets and key players, Spurs have always let them go far too easy. I don't believe that there was any real intent to hold onto them for footballing reasons but instead, letting them go to boost finances. Thats just the spurs way. We always favour the cash over the player in the end.

If Berahino remains a West Brom player by the end of this window then I have the utmost respect for West Brom for sticking to their guns.

I agree that a player shouldn't stay at a club if he doesn't want to be there but this is the ridiculous world of football in today's age. They sign a contract, yet they piss and moan when they have to honour it.

The difference between us and the big clubs is that they hold on to their core players and we don't. We sell, and thats why we're not going to be a top 4 team anytime soon.

Not sure why you think Spurs let them go too easily. Who exactly? We nearly went to war with United and Chelsea over Berba and Modric. In the case of Modric we lost a lotta money by refusing to sell to Chelsea and keeping him for another season. It's naive to think we could or should have turned down €100m for Bale.

West Brom are doing to us what we did to Chelsea with Modric. It's a short term tactic, a gesture of stubbornness, but the player will go in the next two windows, barring a miracle. There's also the risk that his form will suffer as he's unsettled, unhappy, heart's not in it. His value could plummet. He could be a disruptive influence on the squad. All these things matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Son deal done on Sky now will wear no 7 Coys

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Tottenham Hotspur ‏SpursOfficial 8m8 minutes ago
    CONFIRMED: Heung-Min Son signs from Leverkusen subject to work permit & international clearance. #HereComesTheSon

Great..Hopefully he will be better than Lamela(which isn't difficult BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Does he speak English I wonder, speaks German wonderfully.

Good news. At the moment a reasonable improvement on what's outgoing. Fingers crossed he continues from the form in Germany and with SK.

CNe_GACUwAAYnXs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Does he speak English I wonder, speaks German wonderfully.

Pretty sure they're taught English in school

I think we will get rid of Fazio, Lennon, Adebayor, Yedlin(loan), lamela(I don't mind, he is okish player) by the end of this transfer window. In addition to that, I don't mind selling Walker & Townsend for right funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Despite my reservations about our late business and transfer activity this summer, I am excited by this signing.

Just saw this on Spurscommunity.

BEN: "Ade medical today told true at west ham"

Note from A&C: Last night West Ham ITK's were saying Adebayor medical so this confirms that. Lovely.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Despite my reservations about our late business and transfer activity this summer, I am excited by this signing.

As I said he was damn impressive against Australia when I seen him live.

At the moment seems like we've for a quality signing.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Just saw this on Spurscommunity.

BEN: "Ade medical today told true at west ham"

Note from A&C: Last night West Ham ITK's were saying Adebayor medical so this confirms that. Lovely.

There desperate for a striker.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    There desperate for a striker.

We're also in dire state for strikers. Kane already looks exhausted. We definitely need somebody who can score a goal or two in the absence of Kane and one cheap striker for Europa league.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Delighted .................................BUT..............

He looks even skinnyer than Eriksen and Lamela !!!!!

Get Victor in Poch to add some much needed strength!!

Anyone know how Saido is feeling right now??

I'd say he's fumimg....Rickie Lambert probably just whispered in his ear the news...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

tippspur wrote: »
    You will all be eating humble pie when Levy signs Wanyama,Son and Berahino next Tuesday at the eleventh hour.:cool:

There could be a significant amount of points dropped by then. Better late than never though

Anyone else doing a happy dance right now?

Might aswell. Could be the only opportunity to do one this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Yes.. amazing how spending a decent wedge on some lad I'd never heard of until this week can quadruple my positivity!

"Go on my Son" will actually be accurate now.

Also I think I speak for everyone when I say, I hope he has a very good Korea at Spurs...

**Shamelessly stolen from the Facebook comments.**

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I still think we'll bid for Berahino before the window closes.

Advertisement