Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Attacking midfielder are okay. Could be better. Certainly could be improved but there are more pressing area like centre midfield/defensive midfield cover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mullaj00 wrote: »
    Verts = Needs to be dropped. Bad attitude and lazy
    Alderweireld = Quality
    Wimmer = Still to get a run out
    Dier = Being played DM. Needs to be an out and out CB.
    We still need a strong CB

Eriksen = Needs to be involved for 90 minutes, not in patches
    Clinton/Son/Chadli/Townsend = All attack from the flanks
    Alli = Quality (still young and unproven)
    Pritchard = Still to get a proper run out
    Dembele = Good, but needs to get into the box, not stopping and holding off players
    Carroll = Too light
    We still need a strong box to box AM

I can't believe you think signing more centre backs is the answer. Do people never learn.

And we have 9 players who can play in our 3 attacking mid positions. That's not even including Lamela.

Of course we could have better players. We're bloody Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Ormus wrote: »
    I can't believe you think signing more centre backs is the answer. Do people never learn.

And we have 9 players who can play in our 3 attacking mid positions. That's not even including Lamela.

Of course we could have better players. We're bloody Spurs.

What if Alderweireld gets a knock/injured? Vertongen doesn't give a monkeys at the moment, he thinks he should be at Real Madrid! Dier has been playing at DM and and Wimmer is yet to start. League Cup, Europa and league fixtures aplenty. We're actually pretty light here.
    Eriksen injured. Alli, Son, Clinton, Pritchard and Carroll all need proper Premier League experience to see them get going. So, Chadli, Townsend and Dembele with 1 or two of the above looks pretty light to me, especially when you are looking at playing 3 games in 8 days, long trips in Europe, very tough League Cup fixture etc etc

Oh yeah, and Lamela. He gives me the wobblies. Heedless!

What if Alderweireld gets a knock/injured? Vertongen doesn't give a monkeys at the moment, he thinks he should be at Real Madrid! Dier has been playing at DM and and Wimmer is yet to start. League Cup, Europa and league fixtures aplenty. We're actually pretty light here.
    Eriksen injured. Alli, Son, Clinton, Pritchard and Carroll all need proper Premier League experience to see them get going. So, Chadli, Townsend and Dembele with 1 or two of the above looks pretty light to me, especially when you are looking at playing 3 games in 8 days, long trips in Europe, very tough League Cup fixture etc etc

I'm sorry, I couldn't be bothered going through every player with you. Vertonghen thinks he's at Real Madrid. Eriksen injured for a few days. I'm not sure if you're being serious.

You want Spurs to have 3 top class players for every position. You need to support a different club. Seriously. This season will only cause you stress, I promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Fazio is still there currently. Have to agree with Mulla,on the midfield front we are light on quality in that front midfield 3( we are even worse for the holding 2 behind them) .

Alli looks like he is going to be a star,but he hasn't proven anything.
    Townsend has done nothing, Dembele may have been good against Leicester,but he does that every once in a while and then disappears for 10/12 games. Pritchard and Carroll are worth a go in League cup and Europa league,but they won't cut it at the business end of the premier league,at least not yet.

I suppose it all depends where he uses Njie and Son, are they going to play wide in that front midfield 3 or are we going to see a different formation altogether now that Poch has more forward options.

I think a DM is a bigger need,because a combo from Dier/Bentaleb/Mason won't cut it.

I'm sorry, I couldn't be bothered going through every player with you. Vertonghen thinks he's at Real Madrid. Eriksen injured for a few days. I'm not sure if you're being serious.

You want Spurs to have 3 top class players for every position. You need to support a different club. Seriously. This season will only cause you stress, I promise.

You gave a list of players, I gave my opinion on each. Yes I would like 3 top class players for centre back. We play every game with two and one as back up! You gave a list of players and only one of them (Alderweireld) has Premier League experience that I would class as being top quality. Some have got pedigree but lack just that little something (backbone/bite/fire in the belly, call it what you want). Some are young and have yet to be blooded, and some are new so will take time. Yes I would like 3 top class attacking midfielders. We haven't got 1 top class AM never mind 3!!

Consistent, if unremarkable, performance from all of our players at once would be a good place to start and might lead to us trying to break back into the top 4. We haven't had that in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

jayus H christ , I think i have stumbled into the frustrated housewives thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

They're getting Desperate now :rolleyes:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

How did you get on back at primary school today? Brush up on the old english spelling and grammar. Lepton!:cool:

They're getting Desperate now :rolleyes:

You too, Bellend!:)

You gave a list of players, I gave my opinion on each. Yes I would like 3 top class players for centre back. We play every game with two and one as back up! You gave a list of players and only one of them (Alderweireld) has Premier League experience that I would class as being top quality. Some have got pedigree but lack just that little something (backbone/bite/fire in the belly, call it what you want). Some are young and have yet to be blooded, and some are new so will take time. Yes I would like 3 top class attacking midfielders. We haven't got 1 top class AM never mind 3!!

Ok. I can tell you now that you are gonna be a very frustrated man this season and next season, and probably the following season. Spurs don't have a top class team and won't for the foreseeable future. Are you just gonna moan about it your whole life? I'm not saying that to have a go at you, but seriously, think about that.

Ok. I can tell you now that you are gonna be a very frustrated man this season and next season, and probably the following season. Spurs don't have a top class team and won't for the foreseeable future. Are you just gonna moan about it your whole life? I'm not saying that to have a go at you, but seriously, think about that.

Nah! :) Would just like to have someone that we could really shout about. Kane will get there, would just love a quality player to 'gush' about! :eek:

How did you get on back at primary school today? Brush up on the old english spelling and grammar. Lepton!:cool:

:eek: relax my good man, whats that all about,
    anyway would you mind pointing out my spelling mistakes

Nah! :) Would just like to have someone that we could really shout about. Kane will get there, would just love a quality player to 'gush' about! :eek:

Fair enough.

I think Son will be great to watch.

:eek: relax my good man, whats that all about,
    anyway would you mind pointing out my spelling mistakes

Apologies! :o Forgive me, it's Friday. I'll buy you a pint if I meet you in the pub tomorrow!
    I just want Bale back!!!! :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hammar wrote: »
    Fazio is still there currently. Have to agree with Mulla,on the midfield front we are light on quality in that front midfield 3( we are even worse for the holding 2 behind them) .

Townsend has done nothing, Dembele may have been good against Leicester,but he does that every once in a while and then disappears for 10/12 games. Pritchard and Carroll are worth a go in League cup and Europa league,but they won't cut it at the business end of the premier league,at least not yet.

I suppose it all depends where he uses Njie and Son, are they going to play wide in that front midfield 3 or are we going to see a different formation altogether now that Poch has more forward options.

I think a DM is a bigger need,because a combo from Dier/Bentaleb/Mason won't cut it.[/QUOTE]

agree and i hope those wynmanma rumours were true, always impressed me during his time at celtic and adjusted well at southampton:D

davycc wrote: »
    Hammar wrote: »

I think a DM is a bigger need,because a combo from Dier/Bentaleb/Mason won't cut it.[/QUOTE]

agree and i hope those wynmanma rumours were true, always impressed me during his time at celtic and adjusted well at southampton:D

Looks like Koeman isn't going to let him go!

[/QUOTE]

agree and i hope those wynmanma rumours were true, always impressed me during his time at celtic and adjusted well at southampton:D[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Wanyama, I think he's decent but would far prefer one of the German lads we were linked with, Bender or Kramer, someone a bit more cultured.

• Advertisement

pogba maybe;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Song would do at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Soldado scores again!

mushykeogh wrote:
    Soldado scores again!

Good for him. Delighted.

Can't post a link from the app but sky sports have a story running with quotes direct from Pulis which sounds like there
    may be some hope in our quest to sign Berahino.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Can't post a link from the app but sky sports have a story running with quotes direct from Pulis which sounds like there
    may be some hope in our quest to sign Berahino.

Yep, said he didn't know if he be at WBA after the window. I still think we will get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Nidge,kane and Son upfront and possibly Berahino as well,get Eriksen back fit and we have improved our squad especially if Adebeyor goes.COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Soldado scores again!

Two in two and 2 assist's. Unfortunately, we ruin players. He looks beast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Glad I went to bed and missed those last few pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Soldado sign him up;

Advertisement