Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Seemingly West Ham have got Song and Moses....
    Gas thing is, i wouldve liked them with us.:eek:

Moses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

irishmover wrote: »
    Moses?

totally agree, west ham is Moses level

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

irishmover wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS

Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor was at Upton Park last night, speaking to Slaven Bilic about the possibility of a loan move.

The complication for West Ham is that they have already used up their allocation of loan players for the season.

Right......

Then what the heck he was doing there? Counting marbles:pac:

It looks like we might give it a go for Berhanio again otherwise brace yourself for another Frazer Campbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

09_09_09 wrote: »
    It looks like we might give it a go for Berhanio again otherwise brace yourself for another Frazer Campbell.

I would say brace yourself for nothing at all today.

• Advertisement

I dunno. I think today for the first deadline day in quite a while its a guarantee someone will join.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I would say brace yourself for nothing at all today.

Then Poch will be sacked by the end of December :o. This is nuts. Even a blind person can see(pun intended) that we need a striker or two and CM (playmaker type) to fight for a top 4 and the other competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Then Poch will be sacked by the end of December :o. This is nuts. Even a blind person can see(pun intended) that we need a striker or two and CM (playmaker type) to fight for a top 4 and the other competitions.

Does anyone rate Berahino? Is he worth £21m +? I know Spurs need a striker but there has to be someone else out there. Late bid for Austin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Jesus, its just so frustrating - as time ticks by so do our prospects this season.

For me, all I want is to see us try the be the best we can be. I don't believe a zero net spend is us trying to be as good as we can. I don't expect loads of £30m players but I don't think it's unfair to think we should spend something. I also want to see decent football and it's been a long time since we got that consistently.

We'll finish above Swansea, Southampton and Stoke more often than not that's true, but I have far more admiration for their owners than I do ours. They do all they can to overachieve, they don't go into a season thinking if we finish 6th that's perfect because we're the sixth largest club.

Com'on Levy give us something to get excited about

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

are we gonna leave it too late to get someone??????

• Advertisement

are we gonna leave it too late to get someone??????

Yes it appears, long season ahead of struggle methinks. Lets run Kane into the ground shall we.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yes it appears, long season ahead of struggle methinks. Lets run Kane into the ground shall we.

Last minute Austin bid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Jesus, its just so frustrating - as time ticks by so do our prospects this season.

For me, all I want is to see us try the be the best we can be. I don't believe a zero net spend is us trying to be as good as we can. I don't expect loads of £30m players but I don't think it's unfair to think we should spend something. I also want to see decent football and it's been a long time since we got that consistently.

We'll finish above Swansea, Southampton and Stoke more often than not that's true, but I have far more admiration for their owners than I do ours. They do all they can to overachieve, they don't go into a season thinking if we finish 6th that's perfect because we're the sixth largest club.

Com'on Levy give us something to get excited about

There's a stadium to be paid for. I think our expectations are just too darn high at the moment. We might just have been spoiled a few years ago. We box way above our weight and at the same time we just cant compete with the spending of United, Chelsea, City and even Arsenal or Liverpool for that matter. To be even contemplating 4th at the moment is probably just pipe dream. Don't hold your breath this evening is all I'm saying.

11:09
    KOUYATE BID REJECTED

Tottenham have had a £15m bid for West Ham midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate rejected, according to the Daily Mail.

Spurs are desperate to a midfield before the transfer window closes.

Fecking Kouyate.

10:26
    WANYAMA LATEST

Sky sources understand that any possibility of Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama joining Tottenham has now gone.

We believe the player left the UK this morning to join up with the Kenyan national team.

He is gone as well. Feck sake. I thought we hired Paul Mitchell and re-hired fella from QPR and scouts in different nations to find hidden gems or better players, and so far they have come up with feck all.

Does anyone rate Berahino? Is he worth £21m +? I know Spurs need a striker but there has to be someone else out there. Late bid for Austin?

I don't rate him that high (£10 - £15 millions max), but he is English and a striker who has scored goals in the last season albeit playing in different system (sign of Soldado) and J. Peace. I believe we'll offer them better terms this time with less add-ons and a player on loan to sweeten the deal. We're so desperate, Levy might offer a free BJ to Peace in the end. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

In a way I'm not too bothered about the wanyama story. yes he would have been good to have but he's not the kind of player that will be getting anyone too excited. See more stories popping up linking us with Newcastles Perez with a reported 15m asking price...I take it just more fabricated rumours.

I do think we'll sign someone today but who we sign is the real question. I have a feeling that Austin will be one of those players and tbh we could do far worse. Would like a DM to come in but we shall see what happens.

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    In a way I'm not too bothered about the wanyama story. yes he would have been good to have but he's not the kind of player that will be getting anyone too excited. See more stories popping up linking us with Newcastles Perez with a reported 15m asking price...I take it just more fabricated rumours.

I do think we'll sign someone today but who we sign is the real question. I have a feeling that Austin will be one of those players and tbh we could do far worse. Would like a DM to come in but we shall see what happens.

The problem is if we don't sign a good DM then we'll be in big trouble this year. Last year we gave away too many goals due to lack of good CDM and organisation, but Eriksen and Kane bailed us out on too many occasions. So far in this season Kane has not got any sniff and Eriksen is super cold at this time, and we're still giving away stupid goals. It will definitely get worse if it stays the same :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

There's a stadium to be paid for. I think our expectations are just too darn high at the moment. We might just have been spoiled a few years ago. We box way above our weight and at the same time we just cant compete with the spending of United, Chelsea, City and even Arsenal or Liverpool for that matter. To be even contemplating 4th at the moment is probably just pipe dream. Don't hold your breath this evening is all I'm saying.

totally agree with that statement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

totally agree with that statement

Me too.

• Advertisement

Window shuts at 3am for me... Probably best that way. Wake up at 6am to a closed window with what's done is done. Instead of false dawns or doing nothing but refresh pages..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

James Wilson?
    Jon Walters?
    Andy Cole tweeted that he still has a pair of boots in the shed....

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    James Wilson?
    Jon Walters?
    Andy Cole tweeted that he still has a pair of boots in the shed....

At this rate, I might get my boots ready. They might call me, as I am a free agent.:pac:

Wanyama was never happening, and as i said ..Dier is our DM and a really good one at that i think.

Just get a goalscorer....

But if we are not "in talks" or noone is at Hotspur Way by 3.00pm today...
    Close the Window, turn off the lights and lock the door cos it'll be too late as per usual.

ps, That De Gea saga was a complete shambles last night!

Wanyama was never happening, and as i said ..Dier is our DM and a really good one at that i think.

Just get a goalscorer....

But if we are not "in talks" or noone is at Hotspur Way by 3.00pm today...
    Close the Window, turn off the lights and lock the door cos it'll be too late as per usual.

ps, That De Gea saga was a complete shambles last night!

It was total Spursy :pac:.

Lets humour ourselves with a competitiion...

Just type in the one player we may get today....
    From Adam Johnston to Axel Witsel.

I'll go for ...................

Diouf of Stoke.

Lets humour ourselves with a competitiion...

Just type in the one player we may get today....
    From Adam Johnston to Axel Witsel.

I'll go for ...................

Diouf of Stoke.

My heart says;
    Berhanio 90%
    Witsel 35%

My brain says; feck all

Pappis cisse lol

Only realistic hope is berahino

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Pappis cisse lol

Only realistic hope is berahino

I think it might be a bit late in the day for him now mate (hope I am wrong). What if Kane picks up a serious injury in next game? we would be in big trouble.

• Advertisement

I think it might be a bit late in the day for him now mate (hope I am wrong). What if Kane picks up a serious injury in next game? we would be in big trouble.

If we don't sign a striker it's an absolute disgrace and we're fcuked.

Surely Lennon and ade will leave

Advertisement