Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have to admit that I would be incredibly disappointed (although not surprised) if Son is the only player bought. With everyone that was let go, the wages saved, and the team absolutely crying out for reinforcements - sorry but it's absolutely criminal that we're down to the last few hours and this hasn't been addressed.

Whatever about a new stadium impacting the budget available, if the team isn't reinforced with good players, finishing above the likes of the ever improving Southampton, Swansea and Stoke will become more difficult. Levy needs to be very careful as he may not have enough fans willing to spend their money on tickets to fill the new stadium if this continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SuprSi wrote:
    I have to admit that I would be incredibly disappointed (although not surprised) if Son is the only player bought. With everyone that was let go, the wages saved, and the team absolutely crying out for reinforcements - sorry but it's absolutely criminal that we're down to the last few hours and this hasn't been addressed.

SuprSi wrote:
    Whatever about a new stadium impacting the budget available, if the team isn't reinforced with good players, finishing above the likes of the ever improving Southampton, Swansea and Stoke will become more difficult. Levy needs to be very careful as he may not have enough fans willing to spend their money on tickets to fill the new stadium if this continues!

Well said. But long gone are the days when a full stadium was needed to cover running costs of the club. TV money dwarfs anything gate revenue could ever generate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We got two attackers in the last 2 weeks. Both can play as make shift fowards.

Anything else at this stage is going to be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We got two attackers in the last 2 weeks. Both can play as make shift fowards.

Anything else at this stage is going to be a bonus.

Make shift is simply not good enough for a team challenging in four different competitions, the situation as it stands is a complete shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Maybe just maybe .................

We are doing a Spain.....

1 - 4 - 6 -0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

09_09_09 wrote: »
    The problem is if we don't sign a good DM then we'll be in big trouble this year. Last year we gave away too many goals due to lack of good CDM and organisation, but Eriksen and Kane bailed us out on too many occasions. So far in this season Kane has not got any sniff and Eriksen is super cold at this time, and we're still giving away stupid goals. It will definitely get worse if it stays the same :(.

I think Dier could become a brilliant DM and showed good signs of him getting used to the role against Everton. Then again I do think there are better DM's out there, but Dier certainly has potential.

It makes me reminisce on the days when we had 'the beast' which is Sandro. If he was only able to keep himself fit I think he would surpass anyone in the DM position and has a great attitude towards the game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Jinxed (WHU ITK) on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 pm
    Yep Adebayor done
    Confirmed

Is he gone to West Ham? There is god after all.

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    I think Dier could become a brilliant DM and showed good signs of him getting used to the role against Everton. Then again I do think there are better DM's out there, but Dier certainly has potential.

It makes me reminisce on the days when we had 'the beast' which is Sandro. If he was only able to keep himself fit I think he would surpass anyone in the DM position and has a great attitude towards the game as well.

Beast would have been perfect for Poch. We need to remember Dier has only one good game, as DM against average Everton side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hatch99 wrote: »
    If we don't sign a striker it's an absolute disgrace and we're fcuked.

I think we are well and truly fcuked, without even a hint of lube.

14:38
    EVERTON AND LENNON HOPEFUL

Vinny O'Connor brings us an update from Everton's training ground...

"Aaron Lennon is sitting tight while hoping to return to the Toffees from Tottenham on a permanent deal having spent last year on loan at Goodison Park.

"Earlier in the summer Everton were quotes around £9m for the winger, but they are looking to do a deal around half of that.

"Both Everton and Lennon are hopeful of completing that deal this afternoon."

Meanwhile, Scottish forward Steven Naismith will be staying at Everton despite interest from Norwich.

• Advertisement

It's not the end of the world lads. We can stick N'Jie or Son up there. There's also Chadli.

It's not the end of the world lads. We can stick N'Jie or Son up there. There's also Chadli.

I'm afraid then we'll see the results like Stoke all the time :(.

Not good enough mate, joke shop of a club. What proof is there that these players are out and out strikers?

We're giving away goals like hot cakes and without out and out striker scoring on the other side, we will be lucky to finish in top 10 this season. You just need to have a quick look at the goal difference from last 2 and 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Not good enough mate, joke shop of a club. What proof is there that these players are out and out strikers?

Same old story, where's the ambition?

In the bank...:D. I'm not sure I should cry or laugh at this time:confused:.

As has been already said, the ambition is improving the balance sheet.

Haha apparently on the official site Son has been changed from midfielder to striker in the player profile section.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/first-team-profiles/#Strikers

Haha apparently on the official site Son has been changed from midfielder to striker in the player profile section.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/first-team-profiles/#Strikers

So we're making sure Son will be another failure by applying square pegs in round holes :mad:.

Funny thing is they still have Lennon and Ade without any squad numbers.

So we're making sure Son will be another failure by applying square pegs in round holes :mad:.

I just threw a fiver on Ade on Skybet to be still at Spurs @ 4/1 for the craic :D

• Advertisement

I just threw a fiver on Ade on Skybet to be still at Spurs @ 4/1 for the craic :D

What are the odds of Poch will be the first one to get the sack in the league?

I can't wait for the annual manager Levy statement that Poch is very happy with the squad:pac:.

15:25
    ‘KEEPING MANE WAS KEY’

Matt Le Tissier has been giving his thoughts on Sky Sports News HQ, and he believes being able to keep hold of Sadio Mane is more important for Southampton than keeping Victor Wanyama at the club.

“Wanyama got a little bit unsettled with all the talk about Tottenham, but as far as I’m aware there was only one bid from Tottenham, which was quite a few weeks ago now. From what I’m aware, it was less than they paid Celtic for him so it was never going to be considered.

What the hell? We bid for less than they paid for their first 11 team player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Exactly....Any striker thinking of coming to us will wonder if they would get a game, as Pooch only plays with one striker up front....and 'Arry is first choice at the moment.

Deadline 321

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Third bid for Berahino rejected!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Not too hopeful of anything happening on the spurs end. Been listening to the same stories all day. I'd be surprised If we do sign someone at this stage.

16:20
    BERAHINO BID REJECTED

And now some news of another Spurs bid for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, with SSN reporter Pete Colley confirming from the Baggies’ training ground:

“A third bid from Spurs for Saido Berahino has been rejected by West Brom. Chairman Jeremy Peace is resolute that he will not be sold in this transfer window as his goals kept the club in the Premier League last season.

"And manager Tony Pulis has left the training ground and gone home already, so even if they make a fourth bid, it is likely to be rejected.”

16:17
    ADEBAYOR ON THE MOVE?

Could Emmanuel Adebayor be the fifth player to come into West Ham today?

Andy Burton reports from Upton Park: "I've just spoken to Adebayor on the phone, he tells me he's sat at home, watching SSNHQ's coverage and waiting, desperately hoping to get a move to West Ham.

"He said he would love to go to West Ham, and is desperate to play and score goals.

"But West Ham already their full quota of domestic loans with Carl Jenkinson and Victor Moses on board, so Adebayor, who has one year left on his contract at Tottenham, may have to have his final year's wages made up by West Ham to force the move through."

We're done for the day. God helps Poch.

• Advertisement

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Third bid for Berahino rejected!

Pulis gone home, pathetic stuff. Levy has been Levy'd, can't say he has not had it coming. We are a laughing stock.

Advertisement