Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Pulis gone home, pathetic stuff. Levy has been Levy'd, can't say he has not had it coming. We are a laughing stock.

Time to say goodbye to Lloris. The only world class player we have at our club:o.

16:33
    EVERTON CONFIDENT ON LENNON

Sky sources: Everton believe they're close to agreeing a permament deal with Spurs for Aaron Lennon, who was on loan at Goodison last term.

They are confident paperwork can get sorted in time, and there is a strong possibility he may carry out his medical in London.

At least we will have positive balance sheet by the end of this window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

09_09_09 wrote: »
    16:33
    At least we will have positive balance sheet by the end of this window.

If only that's how the league was won! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

So depressing. Another window passed by where holes in our team aren't filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

4th bid for Berahino rejected, 23 million reported offered.

Grababayor reportedly wanting his whole wage at Spurs paid off before he will move, reportedly 5mil. Absolutely farcical.

It's not gonna get any better than this lads. Of everyone I pity Harry, the weight of a whole club resting on him getting goals, one good season and he will turn into the scapegoat. Joke.

Lennon gone to Everton..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

16:17
    ADEBAYOR ON THE MOVE?

Could Emmanuel Adebayor be the fifth player to come into West Ham today?

Andy Burton reports from Upton Park: "I've just spoken to Adebayor on the phone, he tells me he's sat at home, watching SSNHQ's coverage and waiting, desperately hoping to get a move to West Ham.

"He said he would love to go to West Ham, and is desperate to play and score goals.

"But West Ham already their full quota of domestic loans with Carl Jenkinson and Victor Moses on board, so Adebayor, who has one year left on his contract at Tottenham, may have to have his final year's wages made up by West Ham to force the move through."

Ade on the Couch watching TV....where he has been for the last few years :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

See, if Levy had done his bidding early, he could have found out that WBA were not interested in selling and moved on, or bid an appropriate amount which would have allowed them to find a replacement. Instead, he looks like a complete fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Pulis gone home, pathetic stuff. Levy has been Levy'd, can't say he has not had it coming. We are a laughing stock.

nothing to do with pulis really, its between chairmen
    if they wont accept our bids then so be it, let him fook off

id be surprised if terms are not agreed already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Any news about Austin?. We can't go ahead this season with only Kane surely!????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Any news about Austin?. We can't go ahead this season with only Kane surely!????

Didnt you see? We have the perfect striker in Son who has been changed from the midfielder bio on the official site to a striker. All will be well in the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Berahino has tweeted that he will never play for Jeremy Peace again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Berahino has tweeted that he will never play for Jeremy Peace again.

Saw that.. Strong stuff .

Shocked we haven't bid for Austin

Mauricio Pochettino is happy with his squad and won’t make any panic buys. HAHAHAHA

17:34
    BERAHINO LATEST

Here’s our reporter Paul Gilmour with the latest on Saido Berahino's situation following his tweet saying he will not play for West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace again.

“My understanding is that if Spurs do not sign Berahino - and it’s looking increasingly likely they won’t - then they will not sign anyone else.

“There’s an element of frustration with this and conflicting reports about whether there was a fourth bid, but Mauricio Pochettino is happy with his squad and won’t make any panic buys.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

No new striker it seems,this is some shyte.and if poch says he's happy with his squad he's a fool.

tippspur wrote: »
    No new striker it seems,this is some shyte.and if poch says he's happy with his squad he's a fool.

Yes man, he should walk really as Levy has left him down badly but he obviously is happy collecting his wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Mauricio Pochettino is happy with his squad and won’t make any panic buys. HAHAHAHA

Wait.... Are you talking about the same Pochettino who said Soldado was in his plans - 3 weeks ago.

I'll hold my judgement until tomorrow...

Wait.... Are you talking about the same Pochettino who said Soldado was in his plans - 3 weeks ago.

I'll hold my judgement until tomorrow...

Why tomorrow? window closes in 5 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Game over man, GAME OVER!

• Advertisement

I'll take anything at this point....did we offload Lennon or Adebayor even?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I'll take anything at this point....did we offload Lennon or Adebayor even?

Sounds like Lennon is being wrapped up, they have til 8 I think.

Ade...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Adebayor wanted spurs to pay him 5 mil to leave,what a plonker,he'll go to rot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

SuprSi wrote: »
    See, if Levy had done his bidding early, he could have found out that WBA were not interested in selling and moved on, or bid an appropriate amount which would have allowed them to find a replacement. Instead, he looks like a complete fool.

It's up to them to refuse to sell if they want but the highlighted part is inaccurate. They had already bought two new strikers, one of whom cost £15m. Why would they need another replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

For me, all I want is to see us try the be the best we can be. I don't believe a zero net spend is us trying to be as good as we can. I don't expect loads of £30m players but I don't think it's unfair to think we should spend something. I also want to see decent football and it's been a long time since we got that consistently.

We'll finish above Swansea, Southampton and Stoke more often than not that's true, but I have far more admiration for their owners than I do ours. They do all they can to overachieve, they don't go into a season thinking if we finish 6th that's perfect because we're the sixth largest club.

Com'on Levy give us something to get excited about

The grass is always greener when you look at things with such a narrow focus.

Southampton have sold almost all of their best players over the past 12 months and have a negative net spend. If you were a Southampton supporter you would surely be very critical of their owners. Anything else would be hypocritical. How are they "doing all they can to overachieve"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Balfie wrote: »
    Didnt you see? We have the perfect striker in Son who has been changed from the midfielder bio on the official site to a striker. All will be well in the world...

Son has never been a midfielder. He's a winger/forward. Same as Clinton.

From Sky:

Tottenham are known to be surprised that Peace chose to make Spurs’ four bids public and made the process personal.

The disappointment felt in north London from the failure to get the deal over the line has been compounded by a belief that both the player and the West Brom manager Tony Pulis wanted the deal to happen. That feeling has been strengthened by the player’s tweet this afternoon suggesting he won’t play for the Baggies again.

We believe negotiations between the two clubs started as long as four months ago and that Spurs received encouraging signs from the Hawthorns throughout the summer.

Ormus wrote: »
    Son has never been a midfielder. He's a winger/forward. Same as Clinton.

Christ man, do you always have to defend the club? Are you happy with the way our chairman has left us short.

Also please explain why Clinton is listed as a midfielder so???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Christ man, do you always have to defend the club? Are you happy with the way our chairman has left us short.

Neither are centre forwards, anyone who says they are haven't a clue. We are going in to the season with one striker, levy has to take the blame for that, nobody else.... Or have I missed something ??

• Advertisement

No, I'm not happy. We're a striker short of having done good business this summer. I really thought we'd have a plan b after Berahino, it's poor that we don't.

Please don't get hung up on what a player is listed as. These words mean very little. Clinton and Son will be competing for places in the line of 3 forwards behind Kane. Neither are out and out strikers but they are very much forwards and not midfielders.

Advertisement