Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

18:46
    WEST BROM STATEMENT

Jeremy Peace and West Bromwich Albion have released a statement with regards to Saido Berahino and Tottenham Hotspur.

Berahino earlier posted a tweet airing his discontent after the club rejected Spurs' third and fourth bids for the striker.

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Smack on the face of levy and the club for being cheap and classless?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ormus wrote: »
    No, I'm not happy. We're a striker short of having done good business this summer. I really thought we'd have a plan b after Berahino, it's poor that we don't.

Please don't get hung up on what a player is listed as. These words mean very little. Clinton and Son will be competing for places in the line of 3 forwards behind Kane. Neither are out and out strikers but they are very much forwards and not midfielders.

Ok we can agree that it is a complete shambles to be left with one out and out striker. We will be in serious trouble if Kane has a bad injury playing for England or in our next few games. It simply is not good enough and the chairman has to take the flack and also explain what the hell went wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

09_09_09 wrote: »
    18:46
    WEST BROM STATEMENT

Jeremy Peace and West Bromwich Albion have released a statement with regards to Saido Berahino and Tottenham Hotspur.

Berahino earlier posted a tweet airing his discontent after the club rejected Spurs' third and fourth bids for the striker.

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Smack on the face of levy and the club for being cheap and classless?

Hold on, we went on and made 4 bids, up to £25m, which I feel is much more than he's actually worth. That's what happens in every transfer window, to all clubs with players making a name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

lads, anyone who is content going into the rest of the season with Kane as our only recognized striker and bentaleb/mason as the back bone of our midfield is either deluded or a blind ignorant levy sympathizer who believes anything and everything that enic peddles them. This is a disgrace and we are an injury short of having no forwards. It is clear as day now that levy/enic/lewis have no interest in the football side of the things as long as we remain in the premiership. There should be uproar over this rather than anyone defending levy etc... we were here before they start profiteering from our club and we'll be around a hell of a lot longer. Levy etc can spout all they want about balance sheets, profit and so on but growing up as a kid i never got any kudos claiming spurs were the most profitable, or worth the most net value and so on... it was always about what happened on the pitch, winning trophies and more often entertaining and being enjoyable to watch. Today we are awful from top to bottom, apart from the odd exception, and it breaks my heart to such an extent that im starting not to care... of course we all want us to succeed, but why should we not just settle for mediocrity but mediocrity without the traditions of the football club.
    rant over and not a drink had
    COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hold on, we went on and made 4 bids, up to £25m, which I feel is much more than he's actually worth. That's what happens in every transfer window, to all clubs with players making a name

OK but why put all ur eggs in one basket. Was there no one preparing for a refusal by WBA. Surely they should have lined up another striker, just in case?

Like others said it could be a long time til January if anything happens to Kane, presuming he gets back among de goals soon. He hasn't had much of a rest this summer either.

Could be a hard three months for us?

Anyone who thinks the club dont treat us like thicks?
    before the window closes:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN1cm6nWsAE1kE6.jpg
    after the window closes:
    http://postimg.org/image/xp4vy8npx/

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Anyone who thinks the club dont treat us like thicks?
    before the window closes:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN1cm6nWsAE1kE6.jpg
    after the window closes:
    http://postimg.org/image/xp4vy8npx/

I'm really surprised they have listed Ade, as a striker without any squad number. levy is just taking the piss at the moment.

Sat, 26 Sep Tottenham vs Man City 12:45 p.m

If we lose this game with cricket score then I think there will be too much booing for Levy & co.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Swansea got their 2 strikers for free this summer, so we couldn't get anyone in??. It makes no sense, way too much pressure now on H Kane.
    Have we any promising younger strikers coming through??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Swansea got their 2 strikers for free this summer, so we couldn't get anyone in??. It makes no sense, way too much pressure now on H Kane.
    Have we any promising younger strikers coming through??

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking.

"Did he make six bids or only five?"

Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself.:D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Disgrace. We are a laughing stock. A "top 6" club with aspirations for champions league having one striker available for the foreseeable future?! Kane had a great breakthrough season but we shouldn't be relying on him for 20 plus goals this year cause let's face it there's **** all coming from midfield.
    To all the people saying son and Clint will fill in GET REAL! They're midfielders. Serious teams buy forwards to play up front not square pegs for round holes.
    I've received 3 texts from mates that support pool United and gooners laughing at the state were in.
    We'll be lucky to finish in the top 10
    Fcuk off Levy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I do believe we are Bollixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

tom1ie wrote:
    Disgrace. We are a laughing stock. A "top 6" club with aspirations for champions league having one striker available for the foreseeable future?! Kane had a great breakthrough season but we shouldn't be relying on him for 20 plus goals this year cause let's face it there's **** all coming from midfield. To all the people saying son and Clint will fill in GET REAL! They're midfielders. Serious teams buy forwards to play up front not square pegs for round holes. I've received 3 texts from mates that support pool United and gooners laughing at the state were in. We'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 Fcuk off Levy

The same pool team that spent £20 million on Lambert and Balotelli and played sterling through the middle.

The same United that have thrown money at it like all the others and paid £40 million on a 19 year old cause they're panic buying and throw fellaini on to chase a goal.

Clinton and son might take the league by storm and be world beaters. They might be terrible and everyone complains again.

We've shifted loads of deadwood. We've a very young team that i hope progress and turn into an attacking, expressive team.

Let's see what happens and whinge then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

WBA chairman today showed how not to be bullied by bigger clubs and player power.

Levy has been shown up to be incompetent. Levy has always sold when under fire, and has not once stood up to Real, Man U etc.

This is why we are not a big club and deserve to be mid table. Until Levy is bought out we have no hope of pushing the big boys.

I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

Another failed window of little or no investment - Another failed lastminute.com tactic - Why didn't levy do his business earlier.

He's a fcuking fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

The same pool team that spent £20 million on Lambert and Balotelli and played sterling through the middle.

The same United that have thrown money at it like all the others and paid £40 million on a 19 year old cause they're panic buying and throw fellaini on to chase a goal.

Clinton and son might take the league by storm and be world beaters. They might be terrible and everyone complains again.

We've shifted loads of deadwood. We've a very young team that i hope progress and turn into an attacking, expressive team.

So going on about the mistakes pool and United have made justifies us having 1 striker on our books?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I am as disappointed as the next person that we didn't sign a striker before the window shuts.

But, all the players we've been linked with did not inspire me too much over the last few days.

I for one am glad we haven't signed Berahino anyway. What an absolute ****wit... Anyone who thought this guy would have been a good signing is dreaming. Including the people at our club. Looks like another mercanery to me. I think we dodged a bullet there.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9975297/west-brom-reject-third-tottenham-bid-for-saido-berahino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Stayed off the boards since about 10am this morning because I knew there was only one guaranteed outcome today - frustration.

It's gives me no pleasure to say 'I told you so' but...

A lot of people angry with Levy on here in the last few hours, where have you been for the last 5 years? What took you so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Zero net spend again is it? well done Danny boy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

On another shocking note, there is now none of the Champions League team left from 2011. Sad to see Lennon go, he was a good servant and scored many vital goals aswell as assisting in some important goals.

sorry but that's garbage. what is going on at our club is a disgrace and if your happy with it to see how it goes your exactly the kind of fan that will allow enic/levy to continue to make a mockery of the football club we all love. We have waited and we have seen, and what has happened is rotten. ENIC DONT CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL... the TV money has meant that the Champions League qualification doesnt matter and the prize money isn't worth the financial investment that doesnt even guarantee anything. ENIC have to go and its fans attitudes like this that allows them to remain where they are. moan/whinge/protest do whatever it takes to take pride back in not being the laughing stock we have become.

To be fair Liverpool seemed to have suffered the same fate with their Suarez money.

To be fair Liverpool seemed to have suffered the same fate with their Suarez money.

True.

They've bought a lot of average players again this summer.

... but I won't go throwing stones in our glass house as I could be saying the same about us in the not too distant future. Hopefully not.

Patww79 wrote:

Who would have thought that Chadli would be the best of that bunch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

sorry but that's garbage. what is going on at our club is a disgrace and if your happy with it to see how it goes your exactly the kind of fan that will allow enic/levy to continue to make a mockery of the football club we all love. We have waited and we have seen, and what has happened is rotten. ENIC DONT CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL... the TV money has meant that the Champions League qualification doesnt matter and the prize money isn't worth the financial investment that doesnt even guarantee anything. ENIC have to go and its fans attitudes like this that allows them to remain where they are. moan/whinge/protest do whatever it takes to take pride back in not being the laughing stock we have become.

What an ironic username you've got.

The part in bold is particularly contemptible. I would struggle to find anything positive to say about people with your type of attitude. Absolutely pathetic.

Advertisement