Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Speaking of transfers, apart from a back up number 9, I reckon I'd prefer us to stick with what we have til the summer. I guess if Fazio leaves we could do with another centre back. A strong, experienced midfielder could help, but that'd just mean less games for Dier, Mason and Alli, and I want them to keep developing. Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

I have to make a humble and grovelling apology to one Eric Dier whom I stated was no good as a central defender during the first two games. My God, how wrong was I! He has really made that position his and is taking and immense amount of pressure off Verts and Alders. He is a piece of the puzzle that we have been missing with a long time and is making us much stronger. Keep up the good work!
    Alli is quickly becoming top notch although he has to stop the silly yellow cards. (I think he is just soooooo enthusiastic!). Another cracker in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Still think we need another striker in Jan.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sure berahino will do the job, we'll offer €15m in January :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sure berahino will do the job, we'll offer €15m in January :P

He's not really worth much more, Levy was right this time, we offered much more than he was worth because the manager wanted him but it was to much imo

• Advertisement

He's not really worth much more, Levy was right this time, we offered much more than he was worth because the manager wanted him but it was to much imo

He wouldn't get in our team at the moment

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

We possibly missed a trick with cabaye, but then he could look anonymous in our team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed Alex Pritchard has had ankle surgery and is to be out until the new year.

Feel for the lad. This was supposed to be his year. Hope he's still the same player after the injury.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Looks like the sort of disagreement you see at any level of the game. A nothing Daily Fail article..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Not too concerned. If we can get £5m at Christmas I'd be delighted.

I groan every time he's subbed on, he never learns from his mistakes, would love for something to click there but it's not looking optimistic

We should be getting 10m plus for Townsend, he's got 10 England caps and he's only 24

As for January, I think all we need are a back up striker and maybe a back up centre half. I haven't seen enough of Wimmer but Fazio isn't good enough.

Heung-Min Son has returned to full fitness following injury and is in the match squad for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Heung-Min Son has returned to full fitness following injury and is in the match squad for tomorrow!

Best bit of team news in a long time, as for Andros, cheerio and thanks for the efforts.

I hope Son doesn't make a habit of being injured! :) I say that because he ain't exactly a physical colossus. Anyway I've been a big supporter of 'Dross but I hope that ****e doesn't affect team morale and our great start to the season. If he continues to be a disruptive influence then dump him ASAP.

I'm really excited about this season guys. None of the big teams are playing well. If we knuckled down we could win the league this season...best chance in years as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement

I hope Son doesn't make a habit of being injured! :) I say that because he ain't exactly a physical colossus. Anyway I've been a big supporter of 'Dross but I hope that ****e doesn't affect team morale and our great start to the season. If he continues to be a disruptive influence then dump him ASAP.

I'm really excited about this season guys. None of the big teams are playing well. If we knuckled we could win the league this season...best chance in years as far as I'm concerned.

Ah here.

I'm usually the optimistic one around here, but that's another level of optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ormus wrote: »
    Ah here.

I'm usually the optimistic one around here, but that's another level of optimism.

I wouldnt call it optimism , :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm really excited about this season guys. None of the big teams are playing well. If we knuckled down we could win the league this season...best chance in years as far as I'm concerned.

Careful now. Wait til six on Sunday, then ur allowed crazeeeeee ****, depending on result of course. Or was that sarcasm or comedy?

Telling ye boys...after watching the game on Sunday we're not far off! Something special developing as long as we can fend off bigger clubs trying to sign our players/manager!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Telling ye boys...after watching the game on Sunday we're not far off! Something special developing as long as we can fend off bigger clubs trying to sign our players/manager!

Shushhhhhhhhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

One or two injuries in certain positions before January, we be goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Please don't even talk like this :D. Lets go about our business nice and quietly and see where we are come May :)

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Please don't even talk like this :D. Lets go about our business nice and quietly and see where we are come May :)

Exactly this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

KingdomYid wrote:
    Please don't even talk like this . Lets go about our business nice and quietly and see where we are come May

+ 1000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

"Fulham's Moussa Dembele could join Mousa Dembele at Tottenham"

I know the players name but nothing about him.
    I kinda want to see this happen just for the novelty

Advertisement