Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

I think we have another Kyle Walker in the youth team as well:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/professionals-profiles/kyle-walker-peters/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I think we have another Kyle Walker in the youth team as well:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/professionals-profiles/kyle-walker-peters/

Nice, wasnt there that kid who looked like Bale as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Nice, wasnt there that kid who looked like Bale as well?

Kenneth McEvoy. Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

He looks like a weird mash of Bale & Siggurdson.

Its a bit unnerving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

He looks like a weird mash of Bale & Siggurdson.

Its a bit unnerving

haha that's exactly what he looks like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Patww79 wrote: »

he smashed schniederlin in a fair full speed 50-50 a second before his goal too, never seen that side of his game :D

alli , kane and dier , lorris looking :Din good form hope they get through the night uninjured :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Patww79 wrote: »

We're not a selling club any more! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

We're not a selling club any more! :cool:

Honestly, if he ever wants to leave we'll not be able to stop him, best we'll be able to do is convince him give us one more year.

Telling ye boys...after watching the game on Sunday we're not far off! Something special developing as long as we can fend off bigger clubs trying to sign our players/manager!

To paraphrase "The Matrix", are ye beginning to believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

To paraphrase "The Matrix", are ye beginning to believe?

Well I'm normally optimistic, but I'm afraid to talk about it in case de footballing gods kicks us in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bloody typical that 10-11 other teams have played Chelsea and filled their boots with points and goals and just before its our turn to do the same they finally win and keep a clean sheet....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

We are a better team than Chelsea at the moment. We have to believe that we can beat them at home.

I thought it was the usual media gossip nonsense but the Pato transfer seems to be growing legs...
    ... still only 26 but only a shadow of the player he once was (or was expected to be) by all accounts I've briefly read up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I thought it was the usual media gossip nonsense but the Pato transfer seems to be growing legs...
    ... still only 26 but only a shadow of the player he once was (or was expected to be) by all accounts I've briefly read up on.

Yeah he has huge talent, but there seems to be a pattern of clubs wanting to get rid of him, hard to see him being a success in England.

Ormus wrote:
    Yeah he has huge talent, but there seems to be a pattern of clubs wanting to get rid of him, hard to see him being a success in England.

Doesn't appear to fit the mould of a typical Poch player either which is why I've ignored the rumours until now.

Maybe it's a loan deal to get a closer look at him... a trial almost.

His agent is the same guy who brought Tevez to Westham and caused all the trouble all those years ago.

I know attacking midfield isn't really a problem area for us at the moment, but I'd love if we signed Lanzini, he's a gem of a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

bolasie would be a great signing .Work ethic, pace, power and plenty of goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

bolasie would be a great signing .Work ethic, pace, power and plenty of goals

He is Crystal Palace's Townsend. All flair no real end product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

today shows that we are a key player to unlock defenses away from really being capable of challenging for the title. I dont know who it is but today we lacked that little bit of class to unlock a team that puts 10 men behind the ball.

today shows that we are a key player to unlock defenses away from really being capable of challenging for the title. I dont know who it is but today we lacked that little bit of class to unlock a team that puts 10 men behind the ball.

I disagree, we have plenty of creativity, sometimes games end scoreless, it's no shame to draw with the league champions, even if they have been struggling. Wait, isn't this the transfer gossip thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

09_09_09 wrote: »
    He is Crystal Palace's Townsend. All flair no real end product.

he has 4 goals in 13 games. different league altogether to townsend

he has 4 goals in 13 games. different league altogether to townsend

He gets the odd goal but his assists rate is similar to our Andros

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Ormus wrote: »
    He gets the odd goal but his assists rate is similar to our Andros

Bolasie has more ability in his big toe than our andros.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Signing him wouldn't excite me in the slightest, he's someone who sometimes turns up but often doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I agree. I dont think we need him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A good centre forward in Jan and I'd be delighted... Not easy to get them though

Advertisement