Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

Hatch99 wrote: »
    A good centre forward in Jan and I'd be delighted... Not easy to get them though

i think if we get bolasie and berahino then we can get top 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bolasie is way over priced, Pardew was quoting figures of 30 million in the summer. Raw player, hit or miss. Head down, shooting from ridiculous angles and distances. It's his electric pace that's exciting.

Don't see the club investing in January, at least not heavily. We remain an attractive club for young, up and coming players. I hope N'Jie gets more game time.

Plenty of suitors for Townsend. Fazio is the only dead horse left on the books I can think of?

Yeah Fazio. About four weeks ago I probably would have said Dembele as well.

Yeah Fazio. About four weeks ago I probably would have said Dembele as well.

What a turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Patww79 wrote: »

Any articles with quotes relating to this??

When he seemed at his lowest ebb he always said he wanted to stay at the club. No his form and confidence is up, the fans are getting behind him - surely he has less of a desire to leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Lamela is not pushing for a move. All he said was he is happy at Spurs but maybe some day he will move on and can't rule out Italy.

What else was he supposed to say?

i think if we get bolasie and berahino then we can get top 3

I think they'd be an awful waste of money. Would prefer Ayoze Perez, even though he has less ability than those two. He'd be a real Pochettino player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I haven't posted in a while as i was rather disappoint with our summer transfer dealings. Saying that i have been really impressed recently, fair play to Poch. We need to stick by this guy for the long haul. Id like a striker to push and be capable of playing instead or with Kane. I don't know who that is but i don't think we should go for Berahino. Id also like to see us get a decent solid right back. Poor old Mr Walker would give you a heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

oppiuy wrote: »
    Id also like to see us get a decent solid right back. Poor old Mr Walker would give you a heart attack

Hopefully Trippier will get an extended run at some point. He's looked a little shaky when he's come in but that only natural with nerves. You don't win player of the year twice in a row based on sub appearances.

If Walker picks up an injury we might get to see some of the Trippier we signed.

The club are likely to be back in the market for a forward in January, but Pochettino has urged caution over predicting any transfer activity when the window reopens.

“We’re very ambitious but we need to manage expectations,” Pochettino said. “We need to keep improving. “It’s never easy to sign players and January is harder than summer.

With the balance we have we need to be careful with who we bring in. “The level we’re at now means it’s not easy to find a player that can improve us.”

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I think if we do make any signings, it'll be a "sub", meaning we wont spend £15 - £20m on one player...otherwise he'd probably have to go staright into the team..in place of ???

The attacking options of

Kane - NJie - Lamela - Eriksen - Dembele - Mason - Alli - Dier - Son.....

seem suffice...

so im thinking of Austin,Long type.....

I think if we do make any signings, it'll be a "sub", meaning we wont spend £15 - £20m on one player...otherwise he'd probably have to go staright into the team..in place of ???

The attacking options of

Kane - NJie - Lamela - Eriksen - Dembele - Mason - Alli - Dier - Son.....

seem suffice...

so im thinking of Austin,Long type.....

I don't see why Southampton would wanna sell Long, unless we offered silly money or he's out of contract?

Maybe you didn't mean him specifically.

I'd be happy with Austin, but for some reason clubs seem to be avoiding him like the plague, can't see us buying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Ormus wrote: »
    I don't see why Southampton would wanna sell Long, unless we offered silly money or he's out of contract?

I'd be happy with Austin, but for some reason clubs seem to be avoiding him like the plague, can't see us buying him.

I think Austin has dodgy knees which is putting off everybody. We might spend £5 to 7 millions in the continent for the striker.

We must sell Fazio and Townsend and try to raid Ajax again. They seem to have two young talented strikers and we have good relationship with them.

One can hope....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ormus wrote:

Perhaps he's confused.

Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

one last time...................

Defoe !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

one last time...................

Defoe !!!!!

Da fuk!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Where is Demba Ba playing these days like out in Asia or somewhere? Was an exciting player before he went to Chelsea....

• Advertisement

The Telegraph report Tottenham Hotspur are set to hold new contract talks with Jan Vertonghen & Mousa Dembele.

Nacer Chadli (ankle) and Nabil Bentaleb (foot) are close to recovery but both are more likely to come back against Monaco in the Europa League next Thursday. Alex Pritchard remains sidelined with an ankle injury.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FA Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City FA Cup.

Happy enough to get a prem team, hopefully it's a good one. Don't we play them in the league within a few days of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Happy enough to get a prem team, hopefully it's a good one. Don't we play them in the league within a few days of it?

Yupp the midweek after the cup tie. Maybe we should move this to the FA Cup thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

ya WHL wed 13th (cup games 8-11th)

I might do a u-turn on Bolasie, he's really improving this season, was excellent last night, put in some great crosses.

Ormus wrote: »
    I might do a u-turn on Bolasie, he's really improving this season, was excellent last night, put in some great crosses.

Me'h, he was bang average, few crosses doesn't equate to an excellent game.

Looks like a cartoon character who's legs are about to give way.

Deulofeu was excellent.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Me'h, he was bang average, few crosses doesn't equate to an excellent game.

Looks like a cartoon character who's legs are about to give way.

Deulofeu was excellent.

Fair enough, I thought he was excellent, terrorised the Everton full back and put in some great balls.

Deulofeu was also excellent. If he leaves Everton it will be to a bigger club than Spurs. Maybe back to Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Bolasie has had a more productive two years in the EPL than Erik Lamela if we are being honest.
    With the right coaching he is potentially a world class player imo.

Advertisement