Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Negredo & Lavezzi rumors surfacing. Fazio possibly going back to Sevilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Negredo & Lavezzi rumors surfacing. Fazio possibly going back to Sevilla.

Negredo has potential but zero form, and he's 30, and Neville will fancy trying to get him back to form.

Lavezzi isn't a striker. We have plenty of attacking players but we need a striker.

Ormus wrote: »
    Negredo has potential but zero form, and he's 30, and Neville will fancy trying to get him back to form.

Lavezzi isn't a striker. We have plenty of attacking players but we need a striker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/12062503/Tottenham-transfer-news-Spurs-to-bid-again-for-West-Brom-striker-Saido-Berahino-in-January-window.html

Berahino most likely then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'd be mad to spend 20-30 million on him, which is what West Brom will almost certainly ask for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Kiith wrote: »
    We'd be mad to spend 20-30 million on him, which is what West Brom will almost certainly ask for.

How long is left on his contract?

Expires the end of next season....I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Beranono.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah I just don't get it. He seems inconsistent, bad attitude, not a target man, not known for his work rate, huge price tag.

We need a back up for Kane. That's pretty much all we need.

The Times understand Tottenham Hotspur have opened talks with Marseille to sign striker Michy Batshuayi.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:
    The Times understand Tottenham Hotspur have opened talks with Marseille to sign striker Michy Batshuayi.

I'd be pretty damn happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'd be pretty damn happy with that.

Is he good?

jobeenfitz wrote:
    Is he good?

He has serious potential to be something a kin to Drogba from what I've read. (Have only seen snipets of him on tv etc). Decent game to goal ratio too but in poor leagues.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Hope this happens, but he said only two weeks ago he's going nowhere til the end of the season. Still, the Times are often on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

If Clinton cost us 12M after scoring a handful of goals then Batshuayi is going to be 20M upwards.

Id prefer Ninga from montpellier. Hes only had half a season in Europe but he looks a beast and wouldnt cost half as much

Telling ye boys...after watching the game on Sunday we're not far off! Something special developing as long as we can fend off bigger clubs trying to sign our players/manager!

Gutted I didn't take the 100/1 the bookies were offering on us back then.

So how much would you give for Ighalo then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I would say the chances of Berahino being a Spurs player in January are quite high. Poch obviously wanted him and now Pulis wants rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I would say the chances of Berahino being a Spurs player in January are quite high. Poch obviously wanted him and now Pulis wants rid.

Townsend and a bit of cash, I think a deal will be done, although he has done nothing this season he is a quality striker

I rate Berahino. If we get him for Townsend and a few bob then it's good business in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Offer 20 for igahlo and see what happens , he'd suit our style too.

I'm not convinced by Berahino, done nothing this season.. Is he the type you'd want??

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Offer 20 for igahlo and see what happens , he'd suit our style too.

I'm not convinced by Berahino, done nothing this season.. Is he the type you'd want??

No way they will sell him mid season, premiership clubs can afford to refuse big offers now. Igahlo is a top player for sure, would fit into any team

You never know until you ask. Prob looking at 25m plus.

The club itself may not want to sell but if the player thought we could offer him a real possibility of CL football next year and increase his profile for the national team then the player himself might force the club to sell him. Unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

KingdomYid wrote: »

I don't want him TBH. a couple of years ago he only scored 5 league goals in a full campaign and only has 3 this season. Is he any better then Shane Long? More to the point is he €15m+ better. He seems trouble too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't want him TBH. a couple of years ago he only scored 5 league goals in a full campaign and only has 3 this season. Is he any better then Shane Long? More to the point is he €15m+ better. He seems trouble too.

Yeah I agree with you, he would not be my choice but it could happen I reckon.

West Brom have made contact with Tottenham Hotspur over the availability of Andros Townsend, reports to Sky Sports.
    According to the aforementioned source, Tony Pulis does not have a lot of money to spend in January and would need to sell in order to buy.

• Advertisement

They're fcuking desperate to offload Berahino now!!! I love it!! :D The only problem I see is that Townsend won't want to play for such a **** club with their crap brand of football.

Advertisement