Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's great in Football Manager, but that's about all i know about him.

I don't really see anything happening his window, bar maybe a few youth signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

09:22
    BERAHINO KEEN ON SPURS

Sky sources understand Saido Berahino is keen on a move to Tottenham.

Spurs saw three bids for Berahino rejected in the summer, and we understand they're still keen to sign the England striker, whose attitude has been criticised by Tony Pulis this season.

Tottenham were prepared to sell Andros Townsend to the Baggies as part of the deal.
    09:20
    TOWNSEND UPDATE

Sky sources: Andros Townsend has told Tottenham he doesn't want to move to West Bromwich Albion in this window, as part of a deal that would have also seen Saido Berahino move to the Hawthorns.

Townsend, we understand, prefers a move to Newcastle, who are interested in talking to the England winger.

1:03
    ALLI SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

Midfielder Dele Alli has signed a new contract at Tottenham until 2021.

The 19-year-old has made 26 appearances for Spurs this season having moved from MK Dons in January, scoring five goals.

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Poyet?

good shout, I think he was a free transfer at the time

can't find any reference to a fee anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't like the Berardi rumours.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/11/tottenham-make-transfer-bid-for-sign-domenico-berardi-report-5615264/

There's a suggestion that the player wants to stay put and on top of that his goalscoring record isn't amazing. I really don't think we need a €26m signing, regardless of who it is.

His goal record looks outstanding to me. He's only 21 and scored 30 league goals in his first 59 games. That's in Serie A, where goals don't come cheap. That's faster to 30 league goals than Messi. He also had 10 assists last season.

I've never seen this guy play but his Wiki stats are excellent. The part that puts me off is that his preferred position is winger. I think we need an out and out number 9.

Also a €26m player might not be happy sitting on the bench for long periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I guess if he is happy to play wing too we could slot him in there for a bit of extra gametime. Not happy with Berahino to he honest. I reckon if he wasn't English he'd never be linked with a club fighting for top 4 (hopefully)

ziedth wrote: »
    I guess if he is happy to play wing too we could slot him in there for a bit of extra gametime. Not happy with Berahino to he honest. I reckon if he wasn't English he'd never be linked with a club fighting for top 4 (hopefully)

Actually I just noticed the rumour is from the Metro. Not even worth speculating on.

All i know about him is from Football Manager, but he's great in that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

one last time...................

Defoe !!!!!

Will most likely score against us this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tottenham have opened talks with Fulham about a deal for Moussa Dembele.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I'd settle for having his namesake back to the form he was in a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:

Another great prospect. Assume it's a pay now; loan back deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Cmon show some ambition and sign a centre forward, I'm telling ya it'll be the difference in finishing 3rd and 5th if we get this window right

Rumours of Newcastle to bid for Townsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ormus wrote: »

Fine article. But where's the ambition to grab the opportunity we have now....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Rumours of Newcastle to bid for Townsend.

Rumours that Daniel Levy is driving him up there. Townsend is bound and gagged in the boot if his car too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Rumours that Daniel Levy is driving him up there. Townsend is bound and gagged in the boot if his car too.

I have my van on standby in case they break down

http://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/tracey-takes-the-high-road-to-tottenham/

Tracey takes the high road to Tottenham
    Ebbsfleet United Academy midfielder Shilow Tracey has completed his move to Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

Any idea about him?

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Fine article. But where's the ambition to grab the opportunity we have now....

that's always been our biggest problem - by the end of the window we'll know if anything has changed in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

09_09_09 wrote: »
    http://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/tracey-takes-the-high-road-to-tottenham/

Tracey takes the high road to Tottenham
    Ebbsfleet United Academy midfielder Shilow Tracey has completed his move to Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

Any idea about him?

Could be the next Dele Alli, could be the next John Bostock:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I'd like Shane Long, he can be particularly goof off the bench late in the game.
    I may be biased though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not a chance if they want over the £12m they paid though. He's worth about £8m.

Yeah, signed on for 4 years too. I'm sure it's just agent talk

I'd happily take him. He's quick, and is a real nuisance for defenders. Would work well with our pressing game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd happily take him. He's quick, and is a real nuisance for defenders. Would work well with our pressing game as well.

+1 would suit us well i reckon .. id take him over berahino all day

I'd be happy with Long
    would fit into the 'Poch Program' well
    works his nuts off
    can finish
    think he'd be okay with a place on the bench and to have something to prove

• Advertisement

Christian Eriksen is growing increasingly mystified at a lack of opportunities for Tottenham in what he believes is his best position.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mystified-christian-eriksen-holds-talks-with-mauricio-pochettino-over-lack-of-opportunities-in-his-a3157571.html?

Advertisement