Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That'good money for Townsend,every Newcastle fan up in row Z should buy a helmet now.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10145462/fulham-prepared-to-sell-moussa-dembele-to-tottenham

It's just a Sky Sports report, but as Dembele's contract is up in the summer, we may only have to pay £4-6m for him. Good bit of business.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10145462/fulham-prepared-to-sell-moussa-dembele-to-tottenham

It's just a Sky Sports report, but as Dembele's contract is up in the summer, we may only have to pay £4-6m for him. Good bit of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Ed Aarons‏@ed_aarons
    Told Tottenham are close to agreeing a deal for Fulham's Moussa Dembélé. Fee will be an initial £5m #thfc #ffc.

Same guy who broke Townsend news, Deputy news editor for Guardian Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

There's only two Mousa Dembele's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Ed Aarons‏@ed_aarons
    Told Tottenham are close to agreeing a deal for Fulham's Moussa Dembélé. Fee will be an initial £5m #thfc #ffc.

Same guy who broke Townsend news, Deputy news editor for Guardian Sport.

Like the sound of this guy. Low risk signing, and will hopefully a decent option off the bench. I presume he's an out and out striker, and not a winger/forward like Clinton?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

slegs wrote: »
    There's only two Mousa Dembele's

There's only one Mousa at Spurs! There might be a Moussa in a day or four:P

Ormus wrote: »
    Like the sound of this guy. Low risk signing, and will hopefully a decent option off the bench. I presume he's an out and out striker, and not a winger/forward like Clinton?

No idea about this guy, I believe he is cheap and young enough with potential for us. If Poch is happy then we should trust his judgement.

Has anybody seen Milik(sp?) playing for Ajax lately? I'd be delighted if we raid Ajax again. They seem to have the players who do well for our club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Dembele signed a contract.

The one we already have at the club ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Sure he's like a new signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

09_09_09 wrote: »
    No idea about this guy, I believe he is cheap and young enough with potential for us. If Poch is happy then we should trust his judgement.

Has anybody seen Milik(
    sp?) playing for Ajax lately? I'd be delighted if we raid Ajax again. They seem to have the players who do well for our club.

yea very impressed with him he played great for poland v ireland in the last qualifiers , playing great for ajax now too. id be delighted if we could sign him up , hopefully use the 12m pounds we got for that donkey townsend to buy him up asap:cool:

I'm sure everybody will be glad to hear that Leandro Damiao signed a 6 month contract with Betis this week! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

SSN saying Dembele having a medical at Tottenham? And will be loaned back to Fulham.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Surely being loaned back is unlikely, perhaps one of our academy forwards will be loaned to them?

POCH WON'T RULE OUT SIGNINGS

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has refused to rule out more signing between now and Monday evening's transfer deadline, but says they must be "right" for the club.

"It's important to add the right profile. We are in a moment where we build the squad (and) it is not important to bring just to bring (in) because in the market there are a lot of names, but we need to add the right player and the right profile.

"Maybe we have luck and maybe we add in the next few days."

POCH WON'T RULE OUT SIGNINGS

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has refused to rule out more signing between now and Monday evening's transfer deadline, but says they must be "right" for the club.

"It's important to add the right profile. We are in a moment where we build the squad (and) it is not important to bring just to bring (in) because in the market there are a lot of names, but we need to add the right player and the right profile.

"Maybe we have luck and maybe we add in the next few days."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

A little over 6 hours to go until the Daniel Levy January transfer window opens.

Not expecting much and won't be too aggrieved if we don't sign anyone as it rarely works out. Summer was our opportunity to strengthen our front line and we failed to do so but we did great business with Alli last January and if we sign Dembele from Fulham it will be a great piece of business by Levy and Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Berinhino scored twice in the cup today. Just watching highlights on MOTD.

He looks a bit..... chunky. Was he always like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Berinhino scored twice in the cup today. Just watching highlights on MOTD.

He looks a bit..... chunky. Was he always like that?
    Poch will knock that off him fairly quickly with his tough training sessions:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Surely being loaned back is unlikely, perhaps one of our academy forwards will be loaned to them?

I agree, seems an odd signing given he's out of contract in the summer. Although I think he's so young we would still have to pay a fee set by tribunal.

Potentially a good signing for the future but pity he can't serve as Harry's back up for the rest of the season.

Apparently Milos Velkovic is on his way to Werder Bremen for 500k.

I'm a little surprised, I thought he had a bright future at the club. I know he didn't accept a couple of contract offers from the club and his contract is up in the summer, but I expected there to be an agreement eventually.

I'm a little surprised, I thought he had a bright future at the club. I know he didn't accept a couple of contract offers from the club and his contract is up in the summer, but I expected there to be an agreement eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

you said that twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

you said that twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Newcastle supposed to have made a bid for Berahino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Newcastle have bid £21M for berahino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Newcastle have bid £21M for berahino.

hope its true i dont want the over priced moody fook near our club-

we only got rid of ade the leech dont want another player like him back in our happy group

i read stoke are interested in signing fazio to 'help bolster there defence' :D
    5.4mil pounds being quoted id be happy to get rid of him and fingers crossed we bring in dembele before the deadline:D

Advertisement