Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What do we think of this? Levy stopped Ade from moving to West Ham apparently.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31106953

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kiith wrote: »
    What do we think of this? Levy stopped Ade from moving to West Ham apparently.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31106953

I believe it and agree with Levy for blocking the move, would be crazy to make West Ham stronger as they are just behind us in the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I believe it and agree with Levy for blocking the move, would be crazy to make West Ham stronger as they are just behind us in the table.

stronger ?? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

mickman wrote: »
    stronger ?? :-)

Ade usually plays out of his skin when on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

As bad as Ade is, it woulda been mad to leave ourselves with 2 strikers for the rest of the season.

3 is so much better than 2, even if he only makes 6 or 7 appearances.

We woulda been paying some of his wages to play for West Ham. And the prospect of possibly finishing ahead of Spurs is exactly the kinda thing which would inspire Ade to actually make an effort.

• Advertisement

But how did the move even get off the ground? I would have thought doing business with the Spammers was a non starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That's focking hilarious, he's 27 going on 47, having worked down the coal mine.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    That's focking hilarious, he's 27 going on 47, having worked down the coal mine.

he dont look too happy

He always looks like that though. He's from a particularly nasty part of Leeds so was never going to be Mr. Warmth. Always looked "gangsta" in any photos I've seen.

• Advertisement

Dele Alli in action for Milton Keynes Dons v Bradford City, Sky Sports 1 HD from 7.30pm. Have never seen him play.

To be fair the Scum were pretty terrible though.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested we sign Bale and Falcao this summer.

Seriously though, I'd love if we went for Alderweireld and Austin. And maybe a speculative bid for an out of contract Milner. He'd be awesome in our midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

We should sign Ronaldo.

It felt like we were hard done at the time, but if the Willian deal had of gone through, then we'd be looking to offload this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭gar

irishmover wrote: »
    We should sign Ronaldo.

We probably will but it will be the fat one

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Milner and tevez would be my two. Both out of contract. Both hard workers and poch might get the best out of tevez being an argie too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Milner and tevez would be my two. Both out of contract. Both hard workers and poch might get the best out of tevez being an argie too.

Tevez is a good shout, he's a bit of a nutter though isn't he?

Tevez is a good shout, he's a bit of a nutter though isn't he?

Abit!!!!! Pochettino might be able to get the best out of him with them both being Argentinian. He'd fit the high pressing all action game he likes too and could play off kane aswell

• Advertisement

My mistake, he's not out of contract till 2016. I'd still take him

no way would i let tevez in - troublemaker and just causes agro whereever he goes

we dont need another one of those

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd agree, wouldn't want Tevez anywhere near the club. I'd happily take Milner though.

Seriously?

Why would Tevez join a club probably not in the Champions League and which will pay less than half his current wage?

Ormus wrote: »
    Seriously?

Why would Tevez join a club probably not in the Champions League and which will pay less than half his current wage?

Is he on 200k a week with juve?

Different challenge perhaps. Move back to the premier league. Milner is with city so how much a week is he on?

Is he on 200k a week with juve?

Different challenge perhaps. Move back to the premier league. Milner is with city so how much a week is he on?

Not sure, I suppose mostly reports of wages are generated by the tabloids, but I remember hearing he was on 250k a week at City. He won't be joining Spurs, take it from me.

Milner might be on as little (!!!) as 100k a week, which we could maybe stretch to. Plus he isn't a regular starter for City and is out of contract at the end of the season. We still probably wouldn't get him, but might be worth a punt.

Is he on 200k a week with juve

He's on anything between 70 - 90.
    Ade is on 100k apparently.
    So wages wouldn't be a stumbling block hypothetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ormus wrote: »
    Seriously?

So he could prick around with Ade while running down his contract, of course.

Lloris - http://tottenhamlive.com/threads/lloris-arsene-can-say-what-he-wants-but-this-is-the-club-i-will-stay-with.429/

“Arsene can say what he wants, but this is the club I will stay with. I love the spirit, the philosophy and the people.

“That’s very important to me. Spurs play the football I love – exciting and entertaining.”

• Advertisement

The man is a legend! Fair play to him.

Advertisement