Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I'd wager Kane will never leave us for another club in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm just not a liberty to say. Don't worry, I'm not trying to make a name for myself with "The Big Story" Just to say that I have it on good authority that it happened.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/502798/Harry-Kane-Tottenham-Transfer-News-Spurs-Signing-Rumour-Gossip-Contract-Talks-Latest

Both parties are confident of signing a new contract worth €100k p/w before the start of next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Him second fiddle to Kane or partner in crime?

• Advertisement

Him second fiddle to Kane or partner in crime?

Rotating

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Patww79 wrote: »

Can't see Kane leaving anytime soon

Rotating those would never work. If someone like Lukaku arrives it'll be as a replacement.

We need 2 top class strikers at the club for champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Without a shadow of a doubt he'll replace Vardy when he goes to united as part of José's shakeup.

I actually think he'd be a brilliant signing. He's young,experienced and obviously can score as well as any of them. £30m plus some of the dead wood maybe?

• Advertisement

Haven't Everton just become minted now anyway? So it could be them adding around Lukaku this summer.

The article is about how he said he wants champions league

He didn't read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

ziedth wrote: »
    Without a shadow of a doubt he'll replace Vardy when he goes to united as part of José's shakeup.

I'm confused by what this means. Do you think Lukaku will replace Vardy at Leicester? What does this have to do with Spurs?

I don't, but I don't need to be an investigator to figure that out, unless you want to claim that you have read it and are being purposely moronic? So go on, did you read it?

Your fanboy nonsense aside, you either read the article, misunderstood it and commented on it inaccurately or you didn't read and commented on it anyway...do you really need enlightenment on the obvious? Really?

I said you didn't read the posted article, you made a comment about me having access to your browser history - as if to say you had read that article, when it was obvious you hadn't.
    This isn't complex, it's not a big issue but you're certainly being daft about it.

• Advertisement

My "issue" is that you clearly didn't read the article, I've said this a couple of times now. How are you having trouble following tha when my initial post literally said "he didn't read the article", dunno if it's possible to be less "cryptic" really.

Martin567 wrote: »
    I'm confused by what this means. Do you think Lukaku will replace Vardy at Leicester? What does this have to do with Spurs?

I think he meant Kane and instead had one of those brain farts where you write something else i.e Vardy.

What I said was that you didn't read the article, that's what prompted you to claim I had access to your browser history rather than holding your hands up, being honest and saying -"you know what, I didn't really read it"

Which is true as you later acknowledged, somehow I'd cracked that without having access to your browser history - shocking right?

Whatever else you're taking from it is you being far too over defensive and a little bit delusional.

FFS ladies will you two give it a rest!!!?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Keep lookn at this to see great news about signing a world class striker to partner Kane. Just boring argument that is of no interest . Can Ye not just pm each other with yeer little tiff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Let's not be delusional here folks. If Real Madrid want Kane, then they get Kane.

Bale was 24- after 2 break out seasons relies on pace which he will lose - £90m

Kane is 22- 2 break out seasons, has little pace to lose, plays more positions.

Strikers are always more expensive aswell.

If we want to keep him we have to pay him, simple as that. And we can't pay him. We just upped his contract to 70k /week which could be as much as 100k/week with add ons in the champions league next year.
    We won't be able to pay him much more until the stadium is done. (It could be too much of a financial risk- putting too many eggs into one basket).

This great season however has limited the amount of clubs that could offer more to kane than we can. e.g. man u & chelsea (probably) not in CL next year.

What do you think happens when Real offer him 250k/week?

Playing with the best players in the world, in spain, getting 2.5/3x what you're earning now, genuine CL and la liga ambition every year. Its a no brainer and I would wish him the best and hope Levy gets maximum price and reinvests.

Of course I hope this doesn't happen, but i'm being realistic. it's the only way our club can compete at the highest levels for years to come, is by being a selling club(that wisely reinvests). Hopefully one day this can turn, and hopefully that day is coming soon, but we are not there yet.

I hope Real M utilize the buy back on Morata this year, he's been great at Juventus. I remember few years back we were rumoured to get him but wouldn't agree to the buy back clause. I don't think they'd be happy vying for the same spot, kane and morata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Kimsang wrote: »
    Of course I hope this doesn't happen, but i'm being realistic. it's the only way our club can compete at the highest levels for years to come, is by being a selling club(that wisely reinvests). Hopefully one day this can turn, and hopefully that day is coming soon, but we are not there yet.

Every season up to now I would have agreed with your opinion in the above post - 100%.

However, in the last couple of seasons I have seen the 'Poch effect' and particularly this season, I can see how the players play, the way they talk to the media and appreciation that they are getting the results due to the effort Poch asks of them.

Every season up to now we (and the players) were dreamers. The players would have to play with a 'bigger' team to realise those dreams. But I think if they see the success here, they will be less inclined to jump off elsewhere.

I'm not saying they definitely won't go, I'm just saying they maybe less inclined to jump once a Real Madrid flash the cash.

Advertisement