Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lloris - http://tottenhamlive.com/threads/lloris-arsene-can-say-what-he-wants-but-this-is-the-club-i-will-stay-with.429/

“Arsene can say what he wants, but this is the club I will stay with. I love the spirit, the philosophy and the people.

“That’s very important to me. Spurs play the football I love – exciting and entertaining.”

Well if this is true I am indeed a happy man. Just to add I am also happy with Spurs this season regardless what happens in race for top four. I will bitch and moan on individual games and with some players but things are looking a lot brighter than was the case for last couple of seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Well if this is true I am indeed a happy man. Just to add I am also happy with Spurs this season regardless what happens in race for top four. I will bitch and moan on individual games and with some players but things are looking a lot brighter than was the case for last couple of seasons.

Yeah, we've got our spurs back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

This rumor isn't going away, never seen him play. Anyone? It look like were trying to conduct business now, I expect several outgoing.

Pochettino gave everyone a fair crack, we didn't really buy. Youth is great, but we need some experienced heads.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9768225/tottenham-target-kevin-wimmer-as-club-step-up-recruitment-plans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Liverpool supporter here, i have to say i really enjoy watching spurs this season, and i think Pochettino was a great appointment. He didn't spend to much in the summer, and what was bought isn't great. He gave everyone a fair shot, and harry kane is unbelievable. Hopefully he wont end up like another modric or bale and ends up leaving once big money comes in.
    IMO if levy backs Pochettino and him and Paul Mitchell unearth some gems of erikson quality, use will be in the top 4 soon enough.

Equally may I say Rodgers has the Pool purring again. Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling and Henderson are playing some great stuff. Going to be a great match tomorrow. Looks like Sterling might be off in the summer though so ye may find yourselves back at square one again like after Suarez went!

• Advertisement

Equally may I say Rodgers has the Pool purring again. Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling and Henderson are playing some great stuff. Going to be a great match tomorrow. Looks like Sterling might be off in the summer though so ye may find yourselves back at square one again like after Suarez went!

Sterling is good, but he hasn't set the world a light. 10 goals last season and this season is good but if city offered us 50M in the summer, we should take it. We have Jordan IBE who looks equally as good, and also Jerome Sinclair and Harry Wilson coming up behind him.
    Also I don't want us to pay him 120K a week, we should use that for a marquee signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sterling is good, but he hasn't set the world a light. 10 goals last season and this season is good but if city offered us 50M in the summer, we should take it. We have Jordan IBE who looks equally as good, and also Jerome Sinclair and Harry Wilson coming up behind him.
    Also I don't want us to pay him 120K a week, we should use that for a marquee signing.

I think sterling is completely overrated . The guy can't shoot - how can someone who can't shoot look for 120k a week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mickman wrote: »

No chance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, he'll be picked up by someone bigger than us unfortunately. He's great for me in Fifa 15 though :pac:

• Advertisement

Juventus want Kane apparently, its on twitter!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They can't afford him

kane is one player that i dont think will leave white hart lane unless he is told he is not wanted

mickman wrote: »
    kane is one player that i dont think will leave white hart lane unless he is told he is not wanted

I hope you're right but that's just not realistic. The last player to do that was Matt Le Tissier.

The best we can hope is that Kane stays an extra season or two out of sentiment. It's a short career though and you only get one shot at making the most of it. He can't be blamed if Spurs can't match his ambitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Ormus wrote: »
    I hope you're right but that's just not realistic. The last player to do that was Matt Le Tissier.

The best we can hope is that Kane stays an extra season or two out of sentiment. It's a short career though and you only get one shot at making the most of it. He can't be blamed if Spurs can't match his ambitions.

Absolutely,we need to build around the three great blocks that we have LLoris,Eriksen and Kane and surround them with talent of their equals.
    Easier said than done if we have no CL football again for next season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2366900/mousa-dembele-hints-at-tottenham-summer-transfer-exit-lack-of-starts-very-disappointing

Can't say I'd be devastated at that. He has displayed some moments of magic but has otherwise flattered to deceive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hammar wrote: »
    http://www.espnfc.com/story/2366900/mousa-dembele-hints-at-tottenham-summer-transfer-exit-lack-of-starts-very-disappointing

Can't say I'd be devastated at that. He has displayed some moments of magic but has otherwise flattered to deceive.

Exactly, id say he knows he is being shipped out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Hammar wrote: »

He's definitely getting shipped out id say. A good game once in a blue moon isn't good enough. Hopefully we've a major clearout this summer and abit of quality is bought.

There's not been the usual threats on the manager this season, fourth or your out type of nonsense. Definitely looking to build for the future which is pleasing. A club for promising young and hungry players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Steven Gerrard has just done it. Liverpool have said he's not wanted anymore hence he is leaving (which is what mickman said).

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Steven Gerrard has just done it. Liverpool have said he's not wanted anymore hence he is leaving (which is what mickman said).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4653041.stm

Did he not get death threats at the time, and soon changed his mind.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4653041.stm

Did he not get death threats at the time, and soon changed his mind.

He never left though, tabloids and media aside.

I'm sure there's a few man united players to throw in the mix too. Le Tissier is definitely not the last.

Tottenham net profit for year ending June 2014 is 65.3Million

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I'm sure there's a few man united players to throw in the mix too. Le Tissier is definitely not the last.

In fairness to Gerrard and Liverpool though, they were always there or thereabouts for champions league.

Made a couple of challenges for leagues too. Won a few domestic cups and obviously won the champions league

I'd love to see it happening being a spurs fan where we're year on year challenging to win something or qualify for champions league.

I get there wasn't the billions being thrown at it by Chelsea and city back then. We'll have to see, if pochettino wants young, hungry players maybe we'll get there eventually but the pessimist in me says it won't happen.

Gerrard isn't a bad shout, but they won the Champions League, got to another final and almost won the league once or twice. Slightly different to Le Tissier.

Not sure why you think United players have any relevance. By that criteria you could claim Maldini stayed at Milan only out of loyalty. Of course he was loyal, but he had success, so why would he not have stayed.

Totti is a decent example. Could have almost definitely have won more trophies elsewhere but stayed for the love. Hopefully Kane is the new Totti but they're few and far between.

Carragher did it, Terry did it,

Gerrard isn't a bad shout, but they won the Champions League, got to another final and almost won the league once or twice. Slightly different to Le Tissier.

Not sure why you think United players have any relevance. By that criteria you could claim Maldini stayed at Milan only out of loyalty. Of course he was loyal, but he had success, so why would he not have stayed.

Totti is a decent example. Could have almost definitely have won more trophies elsewhere but stayed for the love. Hopefully Kane is the new Totti but they're few and far between.

So because they've won trophies they're completely mute to staying with one club their career? So we should discredit all of them then?

Gerrard had a number of options and chances to leave Liverpool up until him being forced out this season and he didn't he could have joined a club who have won the PL. Hes in the same wind as Le Tissier no matter how much I dislike Liverpool.

Essentially you're saying these players aren't loyal because they had success. That's entirely unfair to those players.

So because they've won trophies they're completely mute to staying with one club their career? So we should discredit all of them then?

Gerrard had a number of options and chances to leave Liverpool up until him being forced out this season and he didn't he could have joined a club who have won the PL. Hes in the same wind as Le Tissier no matter how much I dislike Liverpool.

Essentially you're saying these players aren't loyal because they had success. That's entirely unfair to those players.

Nope. I'm saying Le Tissier is the only one who stayed with no success and no prospect of success.

All the others fair play to them. But if you think Gerrard woulda stayed at Southampton all his career you're deluded.

Just my opinion.

Nope. I'm saying Le Tissier is the only one who stayed with no success and no prospect of success.

All the others fair play to them. But if you think Gerrard woulda stayed at Southampton all his career you're deluded.

Just my opinion.

Here's where you've confuse the situation..

Your first statement on this.

Firstly, nowhere there have you said that Kane will be, nor Le Tissier was the last player to stay at a club with no success or prospect of success (check what you quoted from Mickman also). You're only saying this now.

Secondly, suggesting that Kane will spend his entire career at Spurs in a similar fashion to Le Tissier with no chance of success or prospect of success is a completely worrying sign from one Spurs fan to another.

Thirdly, I based all my replies on the basis that you were talking about players staying one man club men with your reference to Le Tissier, and not the reference that you would like Kane to follow in Le Tissier's footsteps and remain at a club with no success or prospect of success!

• Advertisement

Here's where you've confuse the situation..

Your first statement on this.

Firstly, nowhere there have you said that Kane will be, nor Le Tissier was the last player to stay at a club with no success or prospect of success (check what you quoted from Mickman also). You're only saying this now.

Secondly, suggesting that Kane will spend his entire career at Spurs in a similar fashion to Le Tissier with no chance of success or prospect of success is a completely worrying sign from one Spurs fan to another.

Thirdly, I based all my replies on the basis that you were talking about players staying one man club men with your reference to Le Tissier, and not the reference that you would like Kane to follow in Le Tissier's footsteps and remain at a club with no success or prospect of success!

I've said it's unrealistic to think a player will stay at a club that can't match his ambition. Gerrard was a borderline case. Liverpool won the Champions League. They had serious success. Le Tissier is the only one who undoubtedly stayed purely out of loyalty or love for the club. It's not that complicated.

Advertisement