Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

Re: Pritchard it's gonna break my heart to see him leave without ever having a real go in the first team. I guess Poch and Levy know something we don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Re: Pritchard it's gonna break my heart to see him leave without ever having a real go in the first team. I guess Poch and Levy know something we don't!

He would've been given a go last season if not for injury. Unlucky timing. I think he has real talent, but wouldn't blame him or the club if they parted ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sunderland Echo state Sunderland are in negotiations with Tottenham Hotspur to re-sign DeAndre Yedlin.

Regarding a striker, it's gonna be on the cheap. Either this fella or the Dutch lad look most likely.

According to a report from Gazzetta Dello Sport, Antonio Sanabria has agreed terms with Tottenham Hotspur regarding a summer switch to White Hart Lane.

The 20-year-old AS Roma forward has been linked with a move to Spurs for some time, but it is now being claimed that the North London club have concluded their talks with the player and that he is happy with their offer.

Sanabria spent last season on loan at Spanish side Sporting Gijon where he scored 11 goals in 30 matches, and while that is not exactly form to set the pulses racing he is still young and could develop into a very fine player under the tutelage of Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Tottenham look set to strengthen in key areas this summer and with the right additions they will be hoping to again challenge for the Premier League title that eluded them in the final few weeks of the last campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It's looking like Sanabria will happen. Around 11.5m pound. Checked him out and doesn't seem that great but I have no idea who he is so could become a superstar for all I know.

I guess Pochettino would know more about South American footballers than me so I'll take his word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Wanyama done and dusted....happy with that

De Telegraaf claim Tottenham Hotspur have now had three bids for Vincent Janssen rejected by AZ Alkmaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    De Telegraaf claim Tottenham Hotspur have now had three bids for Vincent Janssen rejected by AZ Alkmaar.

Elko Born‏@Elko_B
    When stories like this one come out in the Netherlands it usually means that a deal is close. They just want a (slightly) higher offer.

I believe the Belgian fella Michy is too expensive for us. We do not need to spend big on the striker who will be super sub and cup starter. I love to see stiff competition for Kane but, I think we definitely need to spend big on right back left, left winger/wide forward and creative player with goals and assists in him especially to unlock the tight defences.

In my opinion, Eriksen is a luxury player in the team. Most of the times you do not even realise he is on the pitch. I hope club try to put a cheeky bid on Mikhtarian (sp?) as he is having contract issues.

I know Eriksen pops up with some worldies so does Chadli. If we need to challenge for all fronts then we need to have a proper squad.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Elko Born‏@Elko_B
    When stories like this one come out in the Netherlands it usually means that a deal is close. They just want a (slightly) higher offer.

I believe the Belgian fella Michy is too expensive for us. We do not need to spend big on the striker who will be super sub and cup starter. I love to see stiff competition for Kane but, I think we definitely need to spend big on right back left, left winger/wide forward and creative player with goals and assists in him especially to unlock the tight defences.

In my opinion, Eriksen is a luxury player in the team. Most of the times you do not even realise he is on the pitch. I hope club try to put a cheeky bid on Mikhtarian (sp?) as he is having contract issues.

I know Eriksen pops up with some worldies so does Chadli. If we need to challenge for all fronts then we need to have a proper squad.

I agree with you about Batshuayi, we need a super sub, not a £30m man who will throw a strop when left on the bench.

I think we're covered for full backs and won't strengthen there. We could do with more quality in attacking midfield, but I'd be thinking more of an upgrade on Lamela. The amount of running Eriksen does coupled with his assists tally make him our best creative player.

We have no chance of getting Mkhitaryan unfortunately, gem of a player.

They want near to 20. West Ham got a great deal on that stadium, so they can have a flutter.

I wouldn't want rid of Eriksen, although frustrating at times, he's only 24!

Mkhitaryan will be going for mega bucks, plus we'd have little to no hope of signing him Champions League or not.

AZ Alkmaar technical director Max Huibert has confirmed Spurs are in negotiations to sign Vincent Janssen

Huibert: "The difference between the offer and the asking price is too big

No kidding...

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    I agree with you about Batshuayi, we need a super sub, not a £30m man who will throw a strop when left on the bench.

I think we're covered for full backs and won't strengthen there. We could do with more quality in attacking midfield, but I'd be thinking more of an upgrade on Lamela. The amount of running Eriksen does coupled with his assists tally make him our best creative player.

We have no chance of getting Mkhitaryan unfortunately, gem of a player.

I do believe Lamela will have a better season this year. He is playing well in Copa America at the moment. All I want him to shoot more and take free kicks.

Eriksen - he does some magical things same like Couthinho(sp?). He goes missing in a lot of matches. Lamela has improved a lot from his first season (proved me wrong on many fronts) whereas Eriksen is still the same.

I hate to see Walker as our main right back in the next season. Let's hope Poch and co have done their homework properly.

They want near to 20. West Ham got a great deal on that stadium, so they can have a flutter.

I wouldn't want rid of Eriksen, although frustrating at times, he's only 24!

Mkhitaryan will be going for mega bucks, plus we'd have little to no hope of signing him Champions League or not.

AZ Alkmaar technical director Max Huibert has confirmed Spurs are in negotiations to sign Vincent Janssen

No kidding...

Yeah I thought that was a funny line too. He's really got the hang of negotiations.

Ahh I see Mr Huibert has been Levy'd!!! :D

09_09_09 wrote: »
    I do believe Lamela will have a better season this year. He is playing well in Copa America at the moment. All I want him to shoot more and take free kicks.

Eriksen - he does some magical things same like Couthinho(sp?). He goes missing in a lot of matches. Lamela has improved a lot from his first season (proved me wrong on many fronts) whereas Eriksen is still the same.

I hate to see Walker as our main right back in the next season. Let's hope Poch and co have done their homework properly.

I like Lamela, great intensity, don't wanna sell him, but we can do better I think.

I have my reservations about Walker too, but he's having a great Euros and Poch likes him, so I think you'll be disappointed.

You can't cast aside England's No.1 right back. Trippier hasn't a hope, unless Walker became injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Palace have agreed to pay 38 million for Batshuayi. Batsh1t crazy if you ask me. Delighted were not involved in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Dembele gone to celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Dembele gone to celtic

Great signing for them. He's way too good for that league, he'll bang the goals in!

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Palace have agreed to pay 38 million for Batshuayi. Batsh1t crazy if you ask me. Delighted were not involved in that

Apparently he's snubbed them and is holding out for us or West Ham! Ha, hopefully he'll be waiting a while at that price.

• Advertisement

Just saw Victor Wanyama received the highest number of red cards (3) last season. He'll have to sort that out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Batshuayi having cheeses medical. 33m fee confirmed.

http://gu.com/p/4n276/stw

Batshuayi having cheeses medical. 33m fee confirmed.

http://gu.com/p/4n276/stw

I am not sure if he is worth that much. Chelsea already have a back up Remy and young kid Tarore ~(sp?). They are not even in Europe so he will be super sub if required and cup starter for them. Wrong choice for him but, money talks.

33 million! The world has gone mad. They can stick it up there jacksie.

33 million! The world has gone mad. They can stick it up there jacksie.

Sure look at the price of Saido Mané.... nuts. It's the beginning of the end.

Sure look at the price of Saido Mané.... nuts. It's the beginning of the end.

I'm glad Southampton got heavily compensated. They must love doing business with Liverpool.

I think the term bargain, is in decline.

Personally I think Mane is a tremendous player. 24 and proven in the Premier League. Man Utd were interested last summer.

I like seeing players come out and saying that they want to join us.

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ie/2016/06/janssen-i-want-to-join-tottenham.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Read a rumour the other day that Sunderland had bid or were linked to a 12m pound bid for Dzecko.

Could see a lot of reasons why he'd suit us too.

Proven goal scorer in EPL, knows the league, usually willing to start as a back up player, plays a similar style to Kane so no major change to tactics when he comes in for Kane....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

townsend gone to palace for £13million, so we should get a precentage of that fee right?

Advertisement