Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

Read a rumour the other day that Sunderland had bid or were linked to a 12m pound bid for Dzecko.

Could see a lot of reasons why he'd suit us too.

Proven goal scorer in EPL, knows the league, usually willing to start as a back up player, plays a similar style to Kane so no major change to tactics when he comes in for Kane....

No thanks. He's 30 now and probably burned out. Looking for one last bumper contract I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Read a rumour the other day that Sunderland had bid or were linked to a 12m pound bid for Dzecko.

Could see a lot of reasons why he'd suit us too.

Proven goal scorer in EPL, knows the league, usually willing to start as a back up player, plays a similar style to Kane so no major change to tactics when he comes in for Kane....

He won't play the pressing game that Poch wants.

Good finisher, although even that deserted him last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No thanks. He's 30 now and probably burned out. Looking for one last bumper contract I'd say.

What makes you think he's burnt out?

I'd say Man City wouldn't have let him go unless they thought he couldn't cut it anymore. Just a (educated) guess though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Dzeko would probably want big bucks.

• Advertisement

Sure he only joined Roma last year! I forgot about that....not a good sign he's leaving so soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

AZ Alkmaar sporting director Mark Huiberts has dismissed reports that Tottenham are close to signing their striker Vincent Janssen as "nonsense".

Tottenham had a £15m bid rejected for the 21-year-old last week, with Janssen having already held talks with Spurs and visited their training ground after Alkmaar gave permission.

Reports in the British press have claimed a deal for Janssen to join Spurs could be concluded by the end of the week.

“There is a lot of speculation and I read a lot of nonsense stories,” he told the Dutch newspaper Noordhollands Dagblad.

“We received one bid from Tottenham Hotspur that we have not accepted. That’s not so strange to me. It is not often that a club agrees immediately with a first offer. Then we heard nothing more.”

Asked whether he would be making contact with Tottenham, Huiberts added: “No, that’s not us. If you want to buy something, you have to go to the store. The store does not belong to you.”

The last time we got into the Champs League we did not invest in the right areas.
    There's more money in the game now so all Prem clubs have money to burn.
    We need to invest. We cannot spend zero net and expect to be successful.

When will DL open his fcuking eyes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's been a saga, I've never even seen the chap kick a ball.

Apparently "AZ accepted an offer of €20M from West Ham, but he turned them down as he is desperate to join Spurs.

You don't need champions league football to attract top footballers as proven by United and Chelsea signings in recent weeks.

We've used the excuse of not having champions league football for the failure to compete with the big boys for years now it will be some other excuse this time.

We seriously have to look at our wage structure or we will be left behind again.

I'm not campaigning for us to go out and start throwing 200k a week at lads but we need to find a middle ground or soon the likes of palace, West ham and Everton will be swiping players from us..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

You don't need champions league football to attract top footballers as proven by United and Chelsea signings in recent weeks.

We've used the excuse of not having champions league football for the failure to compete with the big boys for years now it will be some other excuse this time.

We seriously have to look at our wage structure or we will be left behind again.

I'm not campaigning for us to go out and start throwing 200k a week at lads but we need to find a middle ground or soon the likes of palace, West ham and Everton will be swiping players from us..

There is no way a top footballer will sign for Spurs. Just no way. We are not a top club.

Even now we have Champions League football and even if we offered 200k a week, there are bigger and better clubs queuing up for them, and if there aren't, it means they're not top players.

Ah here now.... we weren't getting big name players because we didn't have the trophies or the cash to compete.

In coming years I don't see a Sheikh taking us over, so we will need to compete for trophies and consistently get into the Champions League (like United and Chelsea have over the past 15 years) in order to compete with them for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/az/26168934/__AZ_rekent_op_22_miljoen_euro_voor_Janssen__.html#voetbal/227/fixtures/

Looks like done deal.

Now linked with Georginio Wijnaldum.

We should try for Fekir as well if we have funds. Need to offload a few now.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/az/26168934/__AZ_rekent_op_22_miljoen_euro_voor_Janssen__.html#voetbal/227/fixtures/

Looks like done deal.

Now linked with Georginio Wijnaldum.

We should try for Fekir as well if we have funds. Need to offload a few now.

I'd be happy with Wijnaldum, impressive at times last season playing in a poor Newcastle side. But they want big bucks.

I'm hoping for good things from Njie, under a full training camp. Son also, came with a hefty price tag.

Our first 11 more or less picks itself. Options on our bench last season, well there wasn't any?

As for that Janssen kid, who knows. I saw his two goals in preseason, but miss an absolute sitter from a header.

Cm1hSNJWEAAGG9R.png

Tottenham Hotspur have made a new £13M bid for AS Roma striker Antonio Sanabria?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    As for that Janssen kid, who knows. I saw his two goals in preseason, but miss an absolute sitter from a header.

I saw those highlights too, his heart didn't look in it.

He reminded me of Gary Hooper (hopefully a better version). A real poacher number 9. Which makes me think that Poch might be planning on playing Harry Kane deeper, in the No. 10 role, if Janssen can hit the ground running and start banging in the goals.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham Hotspur have made a new £13M bid for AS Roma striker Antonio Sanabria?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenhams-superior-proposal-sign-south-american-saga-looks-end/?

Looks like he's going to Betis.

I saw those highlights too, his heart didn't look in it.

He reminded me of Gary Hooper (hopefully a better version). A real poacher number 9. Which makes me think that Poch might be planning on playing Harry Kane deeper, in the No. 10 role, if Janssen can hit the ground running and start banging in the goals.

Well no harm in playing two up top, now and then. He's a typical Dutch player, very confident. So was Depay!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Did you know the summer transfer window only officially opened on July 1st, that was news to me, I'd imagine it's news to a few others too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd not heard about it till last night, but i'm surprised there's been no mention of our supposed interest in Gotze. Seems to be a toss up between us and Dortmund at the moment.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd not heard about it till last night, but i'm surprised there's been no mention of our supposed interest in Gotze. Seems to be a toss up between us and Dortmund at the moment.

I think we're all realists. It's silly season and rumours like that need to be taken with a wheel-barrow of salt.

Nobody has mentioned it because nobody wants to get their hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I would expect his wages are far above our reach?

Surely he was on huge wages at Bayern?

Apparently €140 grand, how accurate who knows?

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Apparently €140 grand, how accurate who knows?

If we can't offer a top international player of his calibre the going rate then might as well throw in the towel now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

If we can't offer a top international player of his calibre the going rate then might as well throw in the towel now

Pay Gotze €140k per week? From what I've seen the last few years, I don't think he would improve the Spurs team.

I certainly wouldn't pick him ahead of Eriksen.

Martin567 wrote: »
    Pay Gotze €140k per week? From what I've seen the last few years, I don't think he would improve the Spurs team.

I certainly wouldn't pick him ahead of Eriksen.

Completely agree. He has done nothing in the last couple of years.

Paying €140k per week would be foolish. Not to mention the stupid transfer fee. If Mane is 34m how much would Gotze be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Gotze is available for 20M.

I'm a Liverpool fan, and I was excited when he was linked with us. He hasn't had the best time of it since he scored the World Cup winning goal, but we all know there is talent there. For that fee, it's a no brainer to sign him. But I think he want's to go back to Dortmund. I mean he wouldn't even to to LFC with klopp as the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Vincent Janssen from AZ to Spurs for €20 million according to www.vi.nl

• Advertisement

His missus is a sweetheart.

Cm2P0R6WYAA75xN.jpg

Advertisement