Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's on BBC now, so it looks legit anyway. 27 goals is a good amount for his first season. I know it's the dutch league, but still. He also got the Dutch young player of the year award last year, which Eriksen did in 2011.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36761907

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I'd happily take a Dirk Kuyt. Not the most prolific striker, but gave absolutely everything to the team and was loved by the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Done deal....

CnKEgxoWcAAzRrS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Finally, a striker added to the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Patww79 wrote: »

There are a few notable failures (Kezman, Alves) and a few notable successes (Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Suarez, Larsson, Bony, Kuyt, Ronaldo, Romario, Ibrahimovic, Kluivert, RVP).

Lets hope Janssen belongs in the second column.

Vincent Janssen is the first striker Spurs have purchased since the signing of Roberto Soldado in 2013

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Vincent Janssen is the first striker Spurs have purchased since the signing of Roberto Soldado in 2013

Which is interesting given our loopy goals scored record during that period

Harry Kane must be like "thank fcuk for that!". :D

Yeah that's just the way the cookie crumbled. We had to persevere with Soldado given his price, and in the meantime along came Harry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

N'jie, Son?

Neither would be strikers. Both would be wide forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great signing,hopefully he does the business for us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So, two signings now, how many more are we hoping for?

I'm mindful of the champions league, but also of the potential disruption to a well working squad by adding too many new faces. So far so good though, areas that need addressing have hopefully been addressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'm mindful of the champions league, but also of the potential disruption to a well working squad by adding too many new faces. So far so good though, areas that need addressing have hopefully been addressed.

I'd be happy with a gamble on an AM, we'll more than likely cash in on Mason

I don't think we need much, I'd love a speedy winger, or an intelligent midfielder to orchestrate things. Probably get neither.

You'd expect Son and Njie to kick on, especially with a full training camp behind them, and a bit of experience from last season. You rely on your bench to turn the tide, last season we didn't have it.

At this stage I thought Bentaleb, Carroll, possibly another player might have been moved on.

I'm happy with the squad. There were times last year where we could of went 4-4-2, against the sides that basically come for a point. Sides we couldn't break down, we looked flummoxed.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Who's the other signing?

Victor?

I think we need two more strong players. Strength in depth will be key this season.

There's talk of Tello from Barcelona. I think he would add a different dimension, if Poch wants to change up the tactics in a match.

And maybe one more striker, a younger prospect/talent. Someone in the Dembele from Fulham/Celtic mould. If Poch does end up playing Kane as no. 10 behind Janssen in the CL and PL, then we will need a striker to play the FA Cup and League Cup matches.

• Advertisement

I'd like a new creative CM, with a proper pass. A counter to Dembele, who is more about dribbling forward then picking a pass. Basically another Modric. That's where i think we need to strengthen most, and i see Wanyama as more of a replacement for Dier then Dembele.

Carroll and Mason are good squad players, but not strong enough to be playing in a CL team.

Espanyol director Angel Gomez has suggested they are in negotiations with Spurs to sign Federico Fazio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Espanyol director Angel Gomez has suggested they are in negotiations with Spurs to sign Federico Fazio.

Ill start the car

Glebee wrote: »
    Ill start the car

Hey now, he won the Europa League single handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Still not convinced by Walker. He had a good season last year but all the old frailties where there to see in our last 3or 4 games.

Decent RBS are hard to come by and those that do are likely to be snapped up by the top tier teams. I hope tripper gets a chance to cement his place this season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Still not convinced by Walker. He had a good season last year but all the old frailties where there to see in our last 3or 4 games.

Decent RBS are hard to come by and those that do are likely to be snapped up by the top tier teams. I hope tripper gets a chance to cement his place this season

+1 on needing a replacement for brain fart walker who cant pass cross or shoot to save his life.

id start tripp ahead of him any day of the week a much better player and hope poch sees that too

There isn't a hope of Trippier ousting Walker unless he gets injured.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/17/tottenham-agree-deal-sign-georges-kevin-nkoudou-marseille

The Guardian reporting we've done a deal for Nkoudou.

Interesting stats in the Europa League last year. Played 10, scored 8 and assisted 4. Plays off the wing.

Looks strong on his right and left foot. So looks an upgrade on N'Jie. Though can't see him displacing Lamela/Eriksen/Alli behind Kane. Looks a strong squad player though, what we need.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/17/tottenham-agree-deal-sign-georges-kevin-nkoudou-marseille

Interesting stats in the Europa League last year. Played 10, scored 8 and assisted 4. Plays off the wing.

Looks strong on his right and left foot. So looks an upgrade on N'Jie. Though can't see him displacing Lamela/Eriksen/Alli behind Kane. Looks a strong squad player though, what we need.

We have enough quantity in attacking mids already, I think it's the one area we could do with an injection of quality. This guy looks skillful but light. Could be an exciting player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I do not know why we are looking for an upgrade on Clinton. He played hardly 5 full games for us last season. He needs at least another season to see what he is made of..IMO.

Kevin seems to be very raw from the youtube videos (I know he is young) and I do not think this is right( more like pointless) signing for us unless he will do an Alli. OM bought this guy for around £1 million a year ago now selling us to around £10 millions. Good profit though.

We should try for Mahrez ( serious bid not Levy bid) in the PL or Bouful, Fekir in the league 1. The later ones should be in our budget and will definitely improve our squad.

On paper, Chelsea and Utd have improved a lot so we will have a stiffer competition to maintain our CL status.

Advertisement