Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'd keep Mason, he has heart and talent. Carroll gets knocked off the ball way too easily, he's 24, his career has stunted.

I'd like to see him go on loan to a premiership club or rid of. Although I don't remember him making much of an impact at Swansea.

CpAPd6JXYAAWTFT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Daily Mail claim Tottenham Hotspur head of recruitment Paul Mitchell has handed in his resignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Daily Mail claim Tottenham Hotspur head of recruitment Paul Mitchell has handed in his resignation.

Don't like the sound of that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Very worrying.

Even though it's the Daily Mail, I still think there's no smoke without fires. It's a big statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Very worrying.

Even though it's the Daily Mail, I still think there's no smoke without fires. It's a big statement!

Official thfc Twitter account has confirmed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is it Everton or did they manage to get the Leicester guy after?

Everton got Steve Walsh as director of football.
    If they got Paul Mitchell as head of recruitment as well I think they would sign some gems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is it Everton or did they manage to get the Leicester guy after?

Think they already got the Leicester guy. He'll have no problem getting work. I read earlier that Pochs title changed on the website from coach to manager when he signed the new contact in June, could have something to do with it.

Facebook says he's been approached by Leicester

I'm not that concerned. Mitchells signings have included Son and Nidgie and our best signings of recent times, Dier and Alli were not ones he had anything to do with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

These guys come and these guys go,things will be grand.

I'm not that concerned. Mitchells signings have included Son and Nidgie and our best signings of recent times, Dier and Alli were not ones he had anything to do with

Are you sure? Pretty sure he was involved in the Alli deal 18 month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Mitchell used to be a scout at MK dons. Of course he was involved in the deal. Why credit him with flops and take away the credit with th successful signings.

I'm pretty certain we (as well as LFC) were scouting Alli at Mk Dons before Mitchell arrived, Spurs have always had a close relationship with them. There was even talk of us using their stadium during our build. Dier definitely arrived long before Mitchell. My point is not all of his signings have been amazing. It's no big deal he's leaving, we're doing fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Mitchell used to be a scout at MK dons. Of course he was involved in the deal. Why credit him with flops and take away the credit with th successful signings.

Actually, from everything I've been reading it was David Pleat who scouted Alli and ensured Levy he was worth chasing. Before Mitchell arrived at the club.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur-followed-dele-alli-three-half-years-before-signing-him-mk-dons-1530618

Le Phoceen write the deals between Spurs and Marseille for Clinton Njie and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou are off.

• Advertisement

Peculiar timing.

Why not wait until after deadline to make the decision public

Peculiar timing.

Why not wait until after deadline to make the decision public

Timing is suspect alright. The relationship must have turned sour. Presumably players he vouched for, were either rebuffed or duds?

Anything could have happened really.

His head may have been turned, he might have slept with one of the players' wives or Poch/Levy thinks there is someone more suitable for the job out there.

Anything could have happened really.

His head may have been turned, he might have slept with one of the players' wives or Poch/Levy thinks there is someone more suitable for the job out there.

Should have a column in the Sun.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Should have a column in the Sun.

Ha... I'm not that bad. Just making the point that it could have been anything. All will be revealed in time.

Thing is, Mitchell came with a reputation. Though I didn't really hear too much about what he was actually doing when he was at Spurs. Few references to his work and his achievements in the role.

All will be revealed in time.

I doubt anything will come to light, everything will remain tight lipped.

Probably horse shít.

A subsequent article in LePhoceen suggests that Daniel Levy caused the collapse of the deal by changing his mind on Nkoudou.

Levy apparently became suspicious of the Marseille negotiating team and lowered the price from 13 million euros to five.

Le Phoceen describe the move as a “fiasco” and also hint that Paul Mitchell’s imminent departure from Spurs is linked to the failure to sign Nkoudou.

I'd still like another body in before the window shuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I doubt anything will come to light, everything will remain tight lipped.

Probably horse shít.

A subsequent article in LePhoceen suggests that Daniel Levy caused the collapse of the deal by changing his mind on Nkoudou.

Levy apparently became suspicious of the Marseille negotiating team and lowered the price from 13 million euros to five.

Le Phoceen describe the move as a “fiasco” and also hint that Paul Mitchell’s imminent departure from Spurs is linked to the failure to sign Nkoudou.

I'd still like another body in before the window shuts.

Articles I've read suggest that Nkoudou hasn't been allowed to train with Marseille for the last few weeks pending this deal, and therefore is miles off match fitness, leading Spurs to request the price be lowered.

I'd suspect that Mitchell made a hash of this, Levy stepped in to clean up the mess, and they all fell out over it.

Anyone else think we have far too many attacking mids?

Eriksen, Lamela, Alli, Chadli, Son, NJie, Onomah, Edwards, Harrisson, Miller, I'm probably leaving someone out.

Also have Mason, Dembele, Carroll and Kane who would be comfortable deputising there in an emergency.

A few of the youths might go out on loan, but even then we're well stocked.

Ormus wrote:
    Anyone else think we have far too many attacking mids?

Ormus wrote:
    Eriksen, Lamela, Alli, Chadli, Son, NJie, Onomah, Edwards, Harrisson, Miller, I'm probably leaving someone out.

No, because with the exception of Chadli, I'm not convinced the other can come in and adequately replace Erikson, Lamela or Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

No, because with the exception of Chadli, I'm not convinced the other can come in and adequately replace Erikson, Lamela or Alli.

I wasn't commenting on their quality, only their quantity.

I think we need to get rid of a few before we buy in that position.

• Advertisement

Former Spurs defender Federico Fazio scored on his debut for AS Roma this evening.

Probably end up winning the league.

Advertisement