Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Former Spurs defender Federico Fazio scored on his debut for AS Roma this evening.

Probably end up winning the league.

Rejoin us for £90m in 4 years time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So what else do we need, after Wanyama and Jansen already joined. I'd still like a creative midfielder, as we were seriously weakened last year with Ali and Dembele were out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Patww79 wrote: »
    I still think a right back. In my eyes there's two mid table ones there but not enough going into a CL season.

I agree but it's definitely not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

SPURS’ NKOUDOU TALKS COLLAPSE

Talks have broken down between Tottenham and Marseille over winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, according to Sky sources.

We understand the issue concerns the payment structure of the deal. There’s been stalemate over this deal, which have worsened by hierarchical changes at Marseille.

Expect Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino to be quizzed on the deal when he holds a press conference this lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    I'd still like a creative midfielder, as we were seriously weakened last year with Ali and Dembele were out.

Mata?

Loan deal maybe.

Biggest stumbling block would be selling/loaning to a top 4 rival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Mata?

Loan deal maybe.

A loan could be ideal but very doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed Jan Vertonghen has returned to full fitness and is available this weekend.

Mata?

Loan deal maybe.

Not a chance in the whole wide world, he wouldn't get near a Poch team.

Ormus wrote:
    Not a chance in the whole wide world, he wouldn't get near a Poch team.

Cos he's a bit of a lazy bugger?

• Advertisement

Cos he's a bit of a lazy bugger?

I'm not sure how lazy he is, but he's not physical enough and would be awful at pressing the opposition, which is essential to Poch. He lacks height, strength and stamina. Eriksen is our most similar player, in that he lacks height and strength, but he has stamina.

Ormus wrote: »
    I'm not sure how lazy he is, but he's not physical enough and would be awful at pressing the opposition, which is essential to Poch. He lacks height, strength and stamina. Eriksen is our most similar player, in that he lacks height and strength, but he has stamina.

Mata is better than Eriksen IMO

The shock announcement came on Tuesday night and after building a strong relationship with Mitchell at Southampton and bringing it over to Spurs, Pochettino is sad to see him go.

“I feel very disappointed with his decision,” said the Spurs boss. “It’s his personal choice. You know we have a relationship from Southampton and I feel very disappointed but when some person takes some decision and it’s personal, what can I do?

“He is still working with us and will carry on. We’ll see what happens. We need to finish the three weeks working together and try to do the best business for the club. Then we’ll see what happens.”

“Did I try to persuade him to stay? It’s obvious that’s what happened. But when you take your choice and personal things happen there’s nothing to do, only to respect his decision but carry on working.

“He’s with us, he’s in the office. Last night we shared a dinner with all the squad and he was with us. Nothing has changed for the moment, but this is the most important thing - that we keep working in the same way that we were before.”

Mata is better than Eriksen IMO

Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't really matter though cos he's not capable of pressing so Poch wouldn't even take him on a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed Jan Vertonghen has returned to full fitness and is available this weekend.
    I Haven't seen this news anywhere else today but I hope it's true.

tippspur wrote: »
    I Haven't seen this news anywhere else today but I hope it's true.

It's in his press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Bit off topic but we took the kids on a stadium tour of White Hart Lane today and we had a brilliant time. My 12 year old is a big Spurs fan and he loved it. Got to see everything , great tour, building is progressing well!

The Telegraph report Christian Eriksen is demanding £150,000 a week to sign a new contract with Spurs.

I hope for his sake it is just a rumor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

The Telegraph report Christian Eriksen is demanding £150,000 a week to sign a new contract with Spurs.

I hope for his sake it is just a rumor?

I hope they give it to him.

IMO he's a class act :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

"Quality player expects to be paid the going rate shocker".

• Advertisement

150k is what he'd get elsewhere. Batshuayi is apparently in 150k at Chelsea which is madness. The trouble is the knock on effect it would have, next Hugo, Jan, Toby and Harry.

Supposedly he earns £32,000 - deserves to be on double that. If he thinks he's in the £150 grand a week bracket, he's deluded.

Is there a queue of top clubs breaking down the door to sign him?

Supposedly he earns £32,000 - deserves to be on double that. If he thinks he's in the £150 grand a week bracket, he's deluded.

Is there a queue of top clubs breaking down the door to sign him?

He's on 32, he wants 150, we'll probably settle on about 80. If he wants to go he's not irreplaceable, but hope he stays. It's fairly unlikely the press actually know he's demanded 150 anyway. Non story.

Ormus wrote: »
    He's on 32, he wants 150, we'll probably settle on about 80. If he wants to go he's not irreplaceable, but hope he stays. It's fairly unlikely the press actually know he's demanded 150 anyway. Non story.

It's more likely his agent is spinning this story

Schoots told Standard Sport: "The only thing that I can say is that if money were the most important thing, Christian would not have gone to Ajax at the first place.

"At the time, he was 16 we were in contact with clubs like Barcelona, Chelsea and AC Milan.

"And if money were the most important thing, he wouldn't have joined Tottenham three years ago. He had interest from some of the richest clubs in the world.

"But Tottenham were the only club he wanted to join, and he is happy."

He added: "In the eight-and-a-half years that I have worked with Chris, we never made any comments on contract negotiations and we will not make any exception on this, not even confronted by some funny internet rumours."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

You've got to love players who come out and shut the press up!

https://twitter.com/ChrisEriksen8/status/764561771810156545

So all this time we should have being calling his Chris Eriksen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I honestly don't think he's been that good for quite a while now.

Thought he had a poor game against Everton.

Lamela is back being worth his purchase price though. He's been great.

I agree. Don't think Eriksen does enough to warrant a massive pay rise. Too lightweight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »

Lamela is back being worth his purchase price though. He's been great.

Even hatch might agree with that...might.

Advertisement