Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sky sports just saying we are in talks with Palace on Zaha for 15 million

Excited by this I think, bit of a rough diamond, Poch would sort him out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I dont get that if its true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Some horse shít rumors floating around. Zaha me fúcking bóllocks. We just got rid of Townsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Some horse shít rumors floating around. Zaha me fúcking bóllocks. We just got rid of Townsend.

SPURS IN ZAHA TALKS

Sky sources are reporting Tottenham are in talks with Crystal Palace for winger Wilfried Zaha.

The fee is likely to be undisclosed but is understood to be in the region of £15m.

Zaha returned to Palace after an unsuccessful stint at Man Utd, and his potential departure comes off the back of Yannick Bolasie's big-money move to Everton.

I hope it's not true at all. I think he has 6 goals and 3 assists over the past 2 seasons...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It does seem like a strange move. He's decent, but maybe Poch see's him as someone he can turn into a decent player. Backup for the 1st team, and maybe a potential starter down the line? I can't say i know much about him, but if it's true, there must be a reason.

• Advertisement

09_09_09 wrote: »
    SPURS IN ZAHA TALKS

Sky sources are reporting Tottenham are in talks with Crystal Palace for winger Wilfried Zaha.

The fee is likely to be undisclosed but is understood to be in the region of £15m.

Zaha returned to Palace after an unsuccessful stint at Man Utd, and his potential departure comes off the back of Yannick Bolasie's big-money move to Everton.

I hope it's not true at all.

Sky used to have clout, but there no better than the rags. Can't see why they'd sell him, timing is suspect, he's integral to that team.

Constantly being linked with players on a daily basis is draining. The way the transfer system is set up is a total farce. Agents wet dream.

Sky used to have clout, but there no better than the rags. Can't see why they'd sell him, timing is suspect, he's integral to that team.

Constantly being linked with players on a daily basis is draining. The way the transfer system is set up is a total farce. Agents wet dream.

I think if he is coming (I truly wish he is not) then Nocando/Clint deal is off otherwise we may have done the leak to pressurise Marsille to sell him now.

Calcio Meracto report Tottenham Hotspur have had a bid rejected by Inter Milan for attacker Ivan Perisic.

That's who we should be going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Calcio Meracto report Tottenham Hotspur have had a bid rejected by Inter Milan for attacker Ivan Perisic.

That's who we should be going for.

That's more like it.

I cannot find this news online, Sugarlumps. Do you have the source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Is there much point selling Townsend and then buying Zaha a year later. They seem fairly similar.

I cannot find this news online, Sugarlumps. Do you have the source?

On a twitter feed.

A few weeks ago we were pathetically linked to Danny Drinkwater.

Today, he signs a new contract - http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/danny-drinkwater-signs-new-five-year-leicester-deal-end-tottenham-interest-1578040?

Me thinks Wilfred Zaha is fed up of his £50k a week and wants more!

Yeah but Danny Dishwater was plainly ridiculous as we had far too many similar players in midfield. We're missing a brainless winger though since we got rid of the 'Dros.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Zaha is terrible. Few flashes of flicks and tricks. Offers nothing that we need. Perisic would be decent, technically good, hard working and decent with the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Interesting from Poch, nice to seem him speaking his mind

"We need more quality in the squad because it will be very tough season with the Champions League and very tough competitions."

"Now I think we need some players in the second line of offence to help the team compete better."

Steve Parish - “It’s not right really that players get their heads turned,” Parish said. “I was told that the manager there thinks he’s the next Ronaldo.

Steve Parish - “It’s not right really that players get their heads turned,” Parish said. “I was told that the manager there thinks he’s the next Ronaldo.

Dear Parish,

Please stick to your words and don't sell him to us.

With love,
    Spurs fans

PS LOL at Ronaldo's remarks.

Le Journal de l'OM ‏@LeJournalOM 1m1 minute ago
    Via @lequipe, Nkoudou s'entraîne avec Tottenham depuis 2 jours. L'OM a validé le deal à 11M€ ! #MercatOM #TeamOM

Via L'Equipe, Nkoudou has trained with Tottenham for 2 days. OM has validated the deal at €11m !

Le Journal de l'OM ‏@LeJournalOM 1m1 minute ago
    Via @lequipe, Nkoudou s'entraîne avec Tottenham depuis 2 jours. L'OM a validé le deal à 11M€ ! #MercatOM #TeamOM

Via L'Equipe, Nkoudou has trained with Tottenham for 2 days. OM has validated the deal at €11m !

Some wrangling over a player. Presumably were done with any more incoming?

• Advertisement

Interesting from Poch, nice to seem him speaking his mind

"We need more quality in the squad because it will be very tough season with the Champions League and very tough competitions."

"Now I think we need some players in the second line of offence to help the team compete better."

And with the Nkoudou deal, thats been going for weeks, hopefully thats the quality hes speaking of

Some wrangling over a player. Presumably were done with any more incoming?

Keeper Pau Lopez expected to join on season loan from Espanyol with a view to permanent transfer.

Ormus wrote: »
    Keeper Pau Lopez expected to join on season loan from Espanyol with a view to permanent transfer.

Another odd ball decision, unless Vorm has stated he wants 1st team football.

We already have McGee, looks capable to me.

Could it be in preparation for a big move for Lloris from someone next summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

:eek:

I assume you meant to say Vorm rather than Lloris?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Not a chance. Liverpool is still a club in turmoil. Klopp is still in his first year and is yet to set the world alight.

While Spurs is a settled club - with Champions League football, a high quality squad and a future.

Right now I would be baffled if any of our players left for a club other than Barca, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Thankfully Lloris confirmed as much in a recent article.

Another odd ball decision, unless Vorm has stated he wants 1st team football.

We already have McGee, looks capable to me.

I guess they see him as a possible star of the future with more potential than McGee. Poch might know him from his time with Espanyol.

• Advertisement

Sky Sources understand Hull City have agreed a fee with Tottenham Hotspur for the signing of Ryan Mason.

If there's any truth to it, strange decision.

Advertisement