Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    I've said it's unrealistic to think a player will stay at a club that can't match his ambition. Gerrard was a borderline case. Liverpool won the Champions League. They had serious success. Le Tissier is the only one who undoubtedly stayed purely out of loyalty or love for the club. It's not that complicated.

Yeh I know I'm over complicating things but you've basically said you want Kane to stay for his career but expect it to be similar to Le Tissier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Yeh I know I'm over complicating things but you've basically said you want Kane to stay for his career but expect it to be similar to Le Tissier.

Ah no, I didn't mean that. But it's an awful lot less likely that a top player will stay at Spurs than for example United. Anyway we're gone pretty off topic, so better leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tabloids have it that modric is surplus to requirements in the summer (seems odd when has been one of their best players for a few years now)

Would you take him back ? I would have him back in a heartbeat - 29 years old - would last another 5 years in the premier league easy as his game isnt about pace and energy , its more about guile and fantastic passing ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

mickman wrote: »
    tabloids have it that modric is surplus to requirements in the summer (seems odd when has been one of their best players for a few years now)

Would you take him back ? I would have him back in a heartbeat - 29 years old - would last another 5 years in the premier league easy as his game isnt about pace and energy , its more about guile and fantastic passing ability.

We couldn't afford him, fee or wages. He'll probably go to United, Chelsea or city

We couldn't afford him, fee or wages. He'll probably go to United, Chelsea or city

chelsea prob to team up with jose again. Id say we could afford the fee alright though. Would prob cost 30 million, less than lamela :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I don't really blame him....everybody knew he was a leech and still the club went and signed him. If it's the same guy who green lit the Paulinho signing then they need to be axed forthwith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I knew before i even opened the link it would be about this baxtard. What type of reception will Tim get at the weekend?

mushykeogh wrote: »
    I knew before i even opened the link it would be about this baxtard. What type of reception will Tim get at the weekend?

A good one I'd expect. Benteke is bang in form, should be plenty of goals in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

A good one I'd expect. Benteke is bang in form, should be plenty of goals in it.

I thought there would be goals last w.end, although I still agree with ya. Five or more goals I'd say but not calling the winner. It's Spurs, who da fcuk can really tell?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/schalkes-benedikt-howedes-tottenham-radar-5487705?

The north Londoners have one of the worst defensive records in the Premier League and are determined to address the issue ahead of next season.

Spurs have shipped 45 League goals this season, level with Aston Villa. Only Newcastle, Burnley, Leicester and QPR have conceded more.

I saw us linked with German international defender Benedikt Howedes for 13m

Sounds good to me, he's always looked solid enough when I've seen him, and lord knows we need defenders. Ah, just noticed that was what the mirror link was.

Injury update - Walker is expected to be sidelined for a further four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Injury update - Walker is expected to be sidelined for a further four weeks.

It's a bit concerning that Yedlin isn't filling in. Dier and Chiriches being preferred. I'd like to see Yedlin start on Saturday.

It's a bit concerning that Yedlin isn't filling in. Dier and Chiriches being preferred. I'd like to see Yedlin start on Saturday.

He'd be a bit green around the gills and prone to a mistake or two, so no worse than Walker then. I'd play him, Dier is too slow at RB and the other lad gives me heart palpitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

have we signed this german center half ? Wimmer or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Lloris is back! Rose a doubt.

Good news all round then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I have never been rose's biggest fan but I think he's had a good season.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I have never been rose's biggest fan but I think he's had a good season.

Good by his standards?

Good by his standards?

Scored 3 goals , a few assists and has been good in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Agreed, he's been pretty decent

Rose improvement coincided when Pochettino said he was the best left back in England. He still gives needless free kicks away like a petulant child. But he runs his little legs off and has gotten better defensively.

Caused more than 3 goals this season though.

He's a bit like Lee Young Pyo. Pretty good going forward but a poor defender.

I don't like the idea of our defence lining up with Walker and Rose as our full backs for the forthcoming years. That stinks of a poor defensive back line.

Caused more than 3 goals this season though.

He's a bit like Lee Young Pyo. Pretty good going forward but a poor defender.

I don't like the idea of our defence lining up with Walker and Rose as our full backs for the forthcoming years. That stinks of a poor defensive back line.

walker is a calamity and should be sold .we would get good money for him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rose can be good, but he's too prone to making costly mistakes for my liking. Needs to calm down, and not get so flustered.

Walker has been awful though, and needs a right kick up the hole.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Rose can be good, but he's too prone to making costly mistakes for my liking. Needs to calm down, and not get so flustered.

Walker has been awful though, and needs a right kick up the hole.

I don't think a kick up the hole would make any difference. He just doesn't think like a defender, doesn't expect the worst, never spots danger. If the penny hasn't dropped by now, maybe it never will.

Advertisement