Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sky Sources understand Hull City have agreed a fee with Tottenham Hotspur for the signing of Ryan Mason.

If there's any truth to it, strange decision.

Why?

Great bit of business if we getting 10m as was reported. He has wanyama dier Dembele ahead of him.
    Like benteleb and Carroll, we better than Mason .. He not good enough for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Why?

Great bit of business if we getting 10m as was reported. He has wanyama dier Dembele ahead of him.
    Like benteleb and Carroll, we better than Mason .. He not good enough for us.

Wanyama & Dier are more defensive. He's home grown, genuinely cares about the club. On his day he has the ability to pick out a pass and can shoot. 10 million doesn't buy you shít nowadays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I agree, and would hope we'd get more than 10 million for him if he's sold. While i don't think he's good enough to get in the team, he's a good squad player to have as he gives absolutely everything to the team. Given the money that is being touted for inferior players, i'd be surprised if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Yeah I'd be sad to see him go. Home grown, always tries, a nice footballer, not good enough for first team but good back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Didn't sharwood have him play in the hole behind Kane at one stage. Around the same time he got called into the full England squad

I think that's half the problem with Mason. Nobody quiet knows what his best role/position is.

He was poor last year but if he showed the kind of form he had under Sherwood and Pochs first year then I'd keep him around.

• Advertisement

Didn't sharwood have him play in the hole behind Kane at one stage. Around the same time he got called into the full England squad

I think that's half the problem with Mason. Nobody quiet knows what his best role/position is.

He was poor last year but if he showed the kind of form he had under Sherwood and Pochs first year then I'd keep him around.

He's definitely best as an attacking mid, but his work rate and tackling make him also able to play Dembele's position, the less defensive of the 2 central mids. I thought he was harshly criticized last season. £10m well spent for Hull if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Could well just be that he wants to go. How long does he have left on his contract?

Id be happy to keep him as a 5th choice , with dier, wanyama, dembele and alli infront of him centre mid. Hopefully we wont need to dig that deep into the reserves this season

The Times report Swansea City and West Brom have both made £12M bids for Spurs winger Nacer Chadli.

12 mill, píss off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The Times report Swansea City and West Brom have both made £12M bids for Spurs winger Nacer Chadli.

12 mill, píss off.

Would be hugely disappointed to see him go at that price, at his worst he's an excellent utility player. Piss off is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Wilfried Zaha out of Crystal Palace starting XI against Bournemouth

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Off to Swansea hopefully :D

Kimsang wrote: »
    Wilfried Zaha out of Crystal Palace starting XI against Bournemouth

Worrying

Sunday Mirror reporting we're lining up a loan with option to buy for Isco. Maybe something to do with our 'special relationship' with them? Would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sunday Mirror reporting we're lining up a loan with option to buy for Isco. Maybe something to do with our 'special relationship' with them? Would be nice

The two key pieces we are missing are a deep-lying playmaker (Modric) and a superstar in the attacking third (Bale). The least they could do is loan us Isco, maybe James Rodriguez too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

City supposed to be interest in Wimmer according to a few gossip columns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

This smells of Willian, I'm just waiting for Chelsea to step in

I'm fairly sure we're not after Isco or James.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Less than zero chance of Isco. He'd never come to us even if Madrid agreed to sell him

awkwardboy wrote: »
    Less than zero chance of Isco. He'd never come to us even if Madrid agreed to sell him

Poch probably wouldn't even start him.

• Advertisement

we're 3-1 in the bookies for Isco. Its not really that far fetched. The lad is only on 60k/week. And we have CL football.

he's obviously favourite to remain at Real after the windows closes though @ 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

we're 3-1 in the bookies for Isco. Its not really that far fetched. The lad is only on 60k/week. And we have CL football.

he's obviously favourite to remain at Real after the windows closes though @ 4/9

You really can bet on anything these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Chadli going by the sounds of it , bench looked light yesterday, hope we have one or two up our sleeves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, there better be some signings if we lose Mason, Bentaleb (already gone) and Chadli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm surprised that Chadli is going, I always liked him and thought he was a real threat off the bench or even as a starter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'm surprised that Chadli is going, I always liked him and thought he was a real threat off the bench or even as a starter.

Yeah he's very strong, not great ball control but his strength tests centre halves and gets him goals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Yeah id be disappointed to see him go but I imagine he just wants to play regular football. Hes after missing out on a chance to play at the Euros.

On the size of the fee it does seem small yeah but he only has 2 years left on his deal. If he said to levy that he wasnt extending it then I can see Levy being happy with nearly doubling the amount he paid

Outraged if the Chadli deal goes through. Tidy profit as usual, do I believe the club will use those finances to bring in a higher caliber of player, no.

Heung-Min Son has reportedly already agreed personal terms with Wolfsburg ahead of the potential transfer.

Bild understand Wolfsburg have made a €30M bid for Spurs attacker Heung-Min Son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Outraged if the Chadli deal goes through. Tidy profit as usual, do I believe the club will use those finances to bring in a higher caliber of player, no.

Heung-Min Son has reportedly already agreed personal terms with Wolfsburg ahead of the potential transfer.

Bild understand Wolfsburg have made a €30M bid for Spurs attacker Heung-Min Son.

Jesus, this is depressing, we can paint anyway we like it, but I think apart from Janseen (not sure about Wanayma), I am not happy with our transfer activity this summer. I hope we have something under our sleeves.

What happened to Wimmer? He is not even making the bench anymore?

Advertisement