Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Jesus, this is depressing, we can paint anyway we like it, but I think apart from Janseen (not sure about Wanayma), I am not happy with our transfer activity this summer. I hope we have something under our sleeves.

What happened to Wimmer? He is not even making the bench anymore?

I'm pretty sure he was passed fit for Saturday? Shady times.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Outs=73 million,
    Townsend (12 million)
    Son (25 million) *
    Pritchard (8 million)
    Yedlin (5 million)
    Chadli (13 million) Agreed with West brom per Sky
    Mason (10 million) Agreed with Hully per Sky
    Bentaleb (loan fee with option to buy at 17 million)
    Njie (loan fee with option to buy at 7 million)
    Fazio (loan fee with option to buy)

Ins=38.5 million
    Jansen (18.5 million)
    Wanyama (11 million)
    Nkoudou (9 million)

* 50:50 scenario I say, levy might accept the bid due to mandatory military training Also, In the last match where we needed a winning goal, Poch chose Joshua Onomah instead of Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Outs=73 million,
    Townsend (12 million)
    Son (25 million) *
    Pritchard (8 million)
    Yedlin (5 million)
    Chadli (13 million) Agreed with West brom per Sky
    Mason (10 million) Agreed with Hully per Sky
    Bentaleb (loan fee with option to buy at 17 million)
    Njie (loan fee with option to buy at 7 million)
    Fazio (loan fee with option to buy)

Ins=38.5 million
    Jansen (18.5 million)
    Wanyama (11 million)
    Nkoudou (9 million)

* 50:50 scenario I say, levy might accept the bid due to mandatory military training Also, In the last match where we needed a winning goal, Poch chose Joshua Onomah instead of Son.

Spurs are having an awful transfer window. ENIC on the other hand are having a marvellous transfer window.

Spurs are having an awful transfer window. ENIC on the other hand are having a marvellous transfer window.

In total agreement, don't see them pulling off much with only a few days to go in the transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

We need two players for every position, plus a smattering of youth players. We have about 12 attacking mids. Someone has gotta go. I'm a bit surprised it's Chadli, but then again he is out of favour with the manager, he's been told he'll be mainly on the bench this season, so he's presumably said he'd like a move.

This is football folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd be very surprised if the Chadli deal isn't a loan. Selling for £12m now seems ridiculous. One half-decent season on loan and he'll be worth double that!

I'd be very surprised if the Chadli deal isn't a loan. Selling for £12m now seems ridiculous. One half-decent season on loan and he'll be worth double that!

He only has two years left on his contract. His price will plummet soon.

Philip Harmeling ‏@PhilipHarmeling 12m12 minutes ago
    Wolfsburg sent a written offer of €30M at Tottenham for Heung-Min Son. As it stand, the deal gonna take place.

Philip Harmeling
    @PhilipHarmeling
    Accredited AIPS Journalist Fußball-Football-Soccer harmeling@infosoccer.ca @infosoccer Anciennement @Lefooteur

Montréal/Wolfsburg

No idea if there is any truth in it.

On the other hand,

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 2m2 minutes ago
    Heung-Min Son says he knows nothing about a potential transfer away from Tottenham Hotspur. #THFC

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 49s49 seconds ago
    Son: "I have not heard anything about my transfer. I do not want to think about things happening outside the stadium." #THFC

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 25s25 seconds ago
    Son: "I just want to focus on playing football." #THFC

On Zaha rumour:

Lyall Thomas ‏@SkySportsLyall 4m4 minutes ago
    They're considering it (second bid for zaha). Not certain they will, but probable.

57c44895471f2_chadlisigninga1513278911_613x4601.jpg

• Advertisement

The Bale Seven:

Soldado (Sold, £16m loss)
    Paulinho (£7m loss)
    Capoue (£3m loss)
    Chiriches (£2.5m loss)
    Chadli (£6m profit)
    Eriksen
    Lamela

Daily Mail report Spurs midfielder Ryan Mason has now agreed £40,000 a week personal terms with Sunderland.

HITC understand Tottenham Hotspur have made a new £18M bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't get it. Is Zaha better than Chadli?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

SuprSi wrote: »
    I don't get it. Is Zaha better than Chadli?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I will bide my time until window closes before commenting, but if all them sales go tru and we don't sign at least 4 players then I would be seiously worried

Gone
    Chadli, possibly son, njie, mason, bentaleb, and where is wimmer, God that is seriously depleting our squad

It also begs the question, who bought son and njie

I will bide my time until window closes before commenting, but if all them sales go tru and we don't sign at least 4 players then I would be seiously worried

Gone
    Chadli, possibly son, njie, mason, bentaleb, and where is wimmer, God that is seriously depleting our squad

Wimmer has been injured, just coming back now.

I don't see what the panic is, we're still fairly well covered in every position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

:D

Levy+Money.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ormus wrote: »
    I don't see what the panic is, we're still fairly well covered in every position.

Not sure I agree. We weren't strong enough with the players we had last year to maintain a challenge, or get as far as we would have liked in Europe. We have a much tougher PL this year, and the Champions League.

We needed to get stronger this year, and so far, I just don't see it. I'm worried.

Kiith wrote: »
    Not sure I agree. We weren't strong enough with the players we had last year to maintain a challenge, or get as far as we would have liked in Europe. We have a much tougher PL this year, and the Champions League.

We needed to get stronger this year, and so far, I just don't see it. I'm worried.

Fair enough. I'd have liked a bit more quality and pace in attacking midfield, but quantity wise I still think we're fine and none of the outgoing players were pulling up any trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Gone

Our bench is weak, lots of defenders but no game changers, I think we are a bit light on experience

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »

I'm normally a very positive/optimistic Spurs fan and I would trust Poch with my life, but I have a little bit of worry creeping in.

Considering we have a season where we're expected to compete in two premier competitions and two lesser competitions, let's look at the squad strength.

Lloris/Vorm/McGee

Walker/Trippier - Alderwiereld/CCV - Vertonghen/Wimmer - Rose/Davies

Wanyama/Dier - Dembele/Mason?

Lamela/Onomah - Alli/Carroll - Eriksen/N'Jie?

Kane/Janssen

Youths
    Winks
    Harrison
    Edwards

If you take Son, N'Jie and Mason out of the above, then we are in real trouble.

Even with the three of them in there, I'm a little worried that we are forced to utilise CCV and Onomah to make up numbers.

Even if N'Koudou replaces N'Jie, you're still looking at a squad seriously lacking experience in depth.

I'm normally a very positive/optimistic Spurs fan and I would trust Poch with my life, but I have a little bit of worry creeping in.

Considering we have a season where we're expected to compete in two premier competitions and two lesser competitions, let's look at the squad strength.

Lloris/Vorm/McGee

Walker/Trippier - Alderwiereld/CCV - Vertonghen/Wimmer - Rose/Davies

Wanyama/Dier - Dembele/Mason?

Lamela/Onomah - Alli/Carroll - Eriksen/N'Jie?

Kane/Janssen

Youths
    Winks
    Harrison
    Edwards

If you take Son, N'Jie and Mason out of the above, then we are in real trouble.

Even with the three of them in there, I'm a little worried that we are forced to utilise CCV and Onomah to make up numbers.

Even if N'Koudou replaces N'Jie, you're still looking at a squad seriously lacking experience in depth.

Yep, that's pretty accurate, although Son and Mason leaving are only at rumour stage yet, if N'Jie goes, it will be in what's effectively a swap deal for NKoudou, and we seem to be in the market for one more (Zaha, who I don't like, but maybe Poch can make something of his skills).

I'd consider Winks almost a senior squad member this season, cover for central mid, Onomah can play central mid too, as can Alli (and CCV?), I'm excited to see this guy Edwards get a chance in the cups, and I thought we signed that young keeper from Espanyol, Lopez?

I hope Son and Mason stay.

We have enough to get us to January.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the young lads and I think they should be used liberally in the two domestic cups.

However, for us to compete in the PL and CL I think we need more experience off the bench. Particularly if we are trying to see a tight game to the finish.

I read a stat there, with Chadli gone, we only have four players over 27 in our squad. In some ways that's great but we all know in football managers aren't given the time to let young lads blossom. I think this is a crucial year for Spurs and for Poch - year three in in his five year plan.

The Guardian claim Spurs are to make a new £21M bid for Wilfried Zaha, which will rise to £26M in add ons.

Are you having a fúcking laugh, great scouting.

Rumors of Son not going away either.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The Guardian claim Spurs are to make a new £21M bid for Wilfried Zaha, which will rise to £26M in add ons.

Are you having a fúcking laugh, great scouting.

Rumors of Son not going away either.

Sky saying the club have confirmed Son is not for sale.

Read on Twitter there that we're buying Isco and getting James Rodriguez on a year long loan.

You've got to love gossip!

:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Our sweet heart deal with Madrid is pretty ****.. Have we ever borrowed someone on loan or got a good deal from them

We've ended our interest in Zaha.

ZAHA TO SPURS? NO DEAL

Tottenham's interest in Crystal Palace midfielder Wilfried Zaha is over, according to Sky sources.

We understand that Tottenham did NOT place a second bid for £18m as has been widely reported.

Great news..

• Advertisement

ZAHA TO SPURS? NO DEAL

Tottenham's interest in Crystal Palace midfielder Wilfried Zaha is over, according to Sky sources.

We understand that Tottenham did NOT place a second bid for £18m as has been widely reported.

Great news..

Advertisement