Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

HULL SIGN MASON

Hull City have signed midfielder Ryan Mason from Tottenham on a three-year deal.

The fee is undisclosed, but is thought to be a club-record £13m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Tomorrow night at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

09_09_09 wrote: »
    HULL SIGN MASON

Hull City have signed midfielder Ryan Mason from Tottenham on a three-year deal.

The fee is undisclosed, but is thought to be a club-record £13m.

The fourth Spurs player to join Hull City in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The fourth Spurs player to join Hull City in recent years

Personally I think Hull have got a good one there. He may not be perfect but he can play and he has plenty of heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Really disappointing so far... Apart from having another centre forward, we haven't progressed at all from last year, and with players leaving its starting to look like we are a weaker squad.

Fully appreciate the new stadium is playing a part, but we want a team competing once we get in to the new stadium.

Maybe we'll get sissoko??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Really disappointing so far... Apart from having another centre forward, we haven't progressed at all from last year, and with players leaving its starting to look like we are a weaker squad.

Fully appreciate the new stadium is playing a part, but we want a team competing once we get in to the new stadium.

Maybe we'll get sissoko??

I'd be very wary of Sissoko, he tries when he feels like it, and he didn't feel like it very often at Newcastle. Maybe Poch could harness him, but it'd be a risk not worth taking.

I feel the same Ormus. I noticed he was playing out of skin for France at the Euros. Obviously to get a move somewhere. Seems to be a bit of a chancer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Given that Poch himself said a few weeks ago that there will be more signings, which haven't happened, i'd be very worried. Our starting 11 is good, but after that we are very weak, and is definitely weaker then we were 2 months ago. We're not even close enough to be strong enough to compete in multiple competitions.

I don't understand what is going on to be honest.

Yeah I can imagine Poch getting fed up too. Losing Mitchell and now our penny pinching stopping us from getting our transfer targets. And moreover can we ever get a big name anymore like the year we signed VDV? All our purchases are far too sensible these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

We must be short on cash with new stadium build?

Yeah but our net spend over the last few years is tiny. Also the new TV deal should have helped too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Will you lot chill, deadline day isn't till tomorrow, loads of time!!!

Don't think we're going to do much business mass mate. I bet they've been deliberately holding the Nkoudou deal just to be able to announce it on deadline day.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Also the last time we signed a lot of new players (bale money) it didn't go too well...

Whilst I wasn't expecting any A-listers, I thought we'd get thrown a bone. Qualifying for the CL hasn't changed matters. We simply can't attract those player.

Maybe when it's built, they will come. Until then, it's up to Pochettino to deliver another miracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Whilst I wasn't expecting any A-listers, I thought we'd get thrown a bone. Qualifying for the CL hasn't changed matters. We simply can't attract those player.

Maybe when it's built, they will come. Until then, it's up to Pochettino to deliver another miracle.

Spurs might have a van der vart type signing tomorrow, like in 2010.

Do you mean Isco?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

If Isco was available then he would have many suitors. I think it is a non-runner.

As already mentioned by others, we will probably announce Nukadou and Lopez tomorrow and that's it.

Not one player signed that would start when all fit, if you assume dier and dembele would be starters in midfield...very disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We're going to have a very threadbare bench if no one comes in tomorrow.

tippspur wrote: »

We'll have at least two players for every position, and we'll have a full bench as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Makes no sense to thin the squad like this when we are suppose to be challenging for the league and competing in CL.

And we ARE suppose to be challenging for the league because this in year 3 of 5 and Poch said as much in pre season/end of last season.

There must be in comings happening? There has to be, surely.

Bentalib, DeYedlin, Fazio, Pritchard, Townsend ... fair enough.

But when you add Mason, Son, N'jie and Chadli that's nearly a full team out.

Lenton left in Jan of those year too.

Ormus wrote: »
    We'll have at least two players for every position, and we'll have a full bench as usual.

But we haven't strengthened the starting 11 at all

Sky Sources understand Tottenham Hotspur have made a £16M bid for Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

6Myyw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

tippspur wrote:

Ormus wrote:

Vorm
    Trippier - CCV -Wimmer - Davies
    Wanyama/????
    Onomah - Carroll - N'Jie?

Janssen

Back up is well short if you ask me.

At least 1 incoming, plus a N'jie replacement if he goes out.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    But we haven't strengthened the starting 11 at all

I was responding to a post suggesting we'd have less players on the bench than before.

Nicked from a Tottenham site.

Wouldn't it be great to have a camera crew following Daniel around today, in the style of ‘the Office’.

Imagine a deathly quiet office.
    A loud clock ticking.
    Daniel leans forward.
    Is he going for the phone?
    No, just another chocolate biscuit.
    He leans back, deep in thought.
    Silence…….

Back up is well short if you ask me.

At least 1 incoming, plus a N'jie replacement if he goes out.

You're forgetting Son.

Winks is now first back up to Dembele I'd say.

N'Jie will only leave if replaced by Nkoudou.

Alli, Carroll and Onomah can also deputise for Dembele in League Cup games. Dier and Wanyama can play centre half. Dier can play right back. We're signing the keeper Lopez.

We'll get to see Edwards given a chance this season. I'm really looking forward to that.

I guarantee by January at least one of our youths will be a proven performer with the first team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Sky Sources understand Tottenham Hotspur have made a £16M bid for Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

6Myyw.gif

Didn't they want 30m from Juve? I guess now is as good a time as any to get the ball rolling :rolleyes: we literally have hours to go

Advertisement